d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > How To Get To Heaven When You Die
Prev1340341342343344487Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 186.16
Jan 12 2023 08:29pm
Quote (Meanwhile @ Jan 11 2023 06:19pm)
Biblical writers did not always write clearly. The original text may indeed contain ambiguous or difficult to understand sentences. The various translators had to choose between transposing the text literally and resolving the ambiguity.

That's not true. The Biblical writers did write clearly. Yes there are passages that are hard to understand because sometimes God doesn't reveal certain things until the appointed time. The Bible is a reliable document, in fact, it's the most reliable document in ancient history.
Gold: 0.69
Warn: 10%
Jan 13 2023 12:33am
Quote (JahIthBear @ Jan 12 2023 04:19am)
But there’s literally no evidence or proof that the Bible is gods words, you seem to be putting a lot of truth into something that has no fact

Here’s some inconsistency:

“… I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.” — Genesis 32:30

“No man hath seen God at any time…”– John 1:18

???

“… with God all things are possible.” — Matthew 19:26

“…The LORD was with Judah; and he drave out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.” — Judges 1:19

???

“This is my covenant, which ye shall keep, between me and you and thy seed after thee; Every man child among you shall be circumcised.” — Genesis 17:10

“…if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing.” — Galatians 5:2

???

“…he that goeth down to the grave shall come up no more. ” — Job 7:9

“…the hour is coming, in which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, and shall come forth….” — John 5:28-29

???

Doesn’t make sense my friend, and don’t even get my started on Noah’s Ark..

face to face ​can be a metaphor
mean personal experience also God can manifest in different ways such as a burning bush
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“…The LORD was with Judah; and he drave out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.” — Judges 1:19

would have to study the scripture. could merely be he lost faith, chariots of iron was too daunting. losing faith is a common theme.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“This is my covenant, which ye shall keep, between me and you and thy seed after thee; Every man child among you shall be circumcised.” — Genesis 17:10

rejecting christ and killing him broke the old covenant this was represented by the curtain in the temple being torn. the new covenant was now Jesus.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“…the hour is coming, in which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, and shall come forth….” — John 5:28-29

most likely speaking of earthy life

speaking of the spirit rising
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sure lets do noah

Quote (Meanwhile @ Jan 12 2023 04:21am)
Scripture is not scripture, translations are too harzardous.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/five-mistakes-bible-translation_b_1129620

So imagine an "evangelist" with a political goal playing around that... Sad.

would you consider such an "evangelist" evil?

im not looking at your link bring its best argument and you represent it

that "evangelist" would be a "wolf in sheeps clothing" and scripture tells us to be aware of such.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

no.............are you saying scripture is saying they do?

This post was edited by TiStuff on Jan 13 2023 12:34am
Gold: 0.00
Jan 13 2023 06:03am
Quote (JahIthBear @ Jan 12 2023 10:19pm)
But there’s literally no evidence or proof that the Bible is gods words, you seem to be putting a lot of truth into something that has no fact

Here’s some inconsistency:

???

???

???

???

Doesn’t make sense my friend, and don’t even get my started on Noah’s Ark..

I should ask, did you just happen to know all those or did you look it up and have them listed? If that's the case what research did you do after comparing these verses? Where or who did you ask about clarity between these verses before you came and posted it here?

If we go and find out the answer, I'm sure that you would come across the same sites that we would have. One of my go to sites is the gotquestions.org site.
Gold: 17,384.69
Jan 13 2023 07:10am
Quote (xfrodobagginsx @ 13 Jan 2023 03:29)
That's not true. The Biblical writers did write clearly. Yes there are passages that are hard to understand because sometimes God doesn't reveal certain things until the appointed time. The Bible is a reliable document, in fact, it's the most reliable document in ancient history.

This is something "reliable"
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/23/Rosetta_Stone.JPG

For bible it's another story... Translation over another with words that evolved alot in their senses over centuries.
Not to mention the different interpretations from disciples themselves.

Mix that with american individualism where religion is easily a business or a political tool... And yes OFTEN the DEVIL will triumph :(
Very sorry, men are weak.
Jan 14 2023 12:58am
Quote (Meanwhile @ Jan 13 2023 11:10pm)

For bible it's another story... Translation over another with words that evolved alot in their senses over centuries.

Mix that with american individualism where religion is easily a business or a political tool... And yes OFTEN the DEVIL will triumph :(

What are you saying? Men wrote that article and wrote that there post. Are you saying that all things men write are unreliable?

Good thing that all Scripture is God breathed. Do I need to fetch the verse or can you go and get it?
Gold: 69.69
Warn: 40%
Jan 14 2023 01:06am
Quote (CPK001 @ Jan 14 2023 01:03am)
I should ask, did you just happen to know all those or did you look it up and have them listed? If that's the case what research did you do after comparing these verses? Where or who did you ask about clarity between these verses before you came and posted it here?

If we go and find out the answer, I'm sure that you would come across the same sites that we would have. One of my go to sites is the gotquestions.org site.

Its from the bible. what is so hard to understand?

???

literally self own
Gold: 0.69
Warn: 10%
Jan 14 2023 01:22am
Quote (Meanwhile @ Jan 13 2023 05:10am)

haha weak argument then ;)
Jan 14 2023 01:42am
Quote (addone @ Jan 14 2023 05:06pm)
Its from the bible. what is so hard to understand?

???

literally self own

What is so hard to understand is why you lack the common sense to go and do some research on both verses and put them into context?
Gold: 2,617.52
Jan 14 2023 02:16am
repent
Gold: 69.69
Warn: 40%
Jan 14 2023 04:07am
Quote (CPK001 @ Jan 14 2023 08:42pm)
What is so hard to understand is why you lack the common sense to go and do some research on both verses and put them into context?

What are you even talking about these two statements are polar opposites. One contradicts the other one is saying ive seen god face to face the other saying no man has seen god ever.

How much proof do you require when its plain as day in the very childrens book you seem to idolize? The bible is full of these contradictions you are literally believe in the book of lies.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1340341342343344487Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll