d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Got Questions About God? > #1 Can You Really Trust The Bible?
Prev1333435363778Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: Locked
Warn: 20%
Apr 21 2013 12:39pm
Quote (poulgaragr @ Apr 21 2013 10:06am)
Try to refute my valid arguments first, disbeliever (kaffer).

don't you find it ironic that you can get suspended for inferring someone is a "fruitcake" but apparently poulgaragr can refer to another user as a kaffer over and over again without retribution....

Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Apr 21 2013 01:02pm
Quote (poulgaragr @ Apr 21 2013 12:52pm)
I have refuted your challenges and given legitimate answers and valid arguments in all my posts
i KNOW that the Qur'an is the un-altered, perfect, literal Word of God

Here's the challenge I have for all disbelievers (which NOONE can ever face):

"And if you (Arab pagans, Jews, and Christians) are in doubt concerning that which We have sent down (i.e. the Qur'ân) to Our slave (Muhammad Peace be upon him ), then produce a Sûrah (chapter) of the like thereof and call your witnesses (supporters and helpers) besides Allâh, if you are truthful. (23) But if you do it not, and you can never do it, then fear the Fire (Hell) whose fuel is men and stones, prepared for the disbelievers." / Qur'an 2:23-24

For those who don't understand this simple challenge: God is giving you a CHANCE to disprove the Qur'an by creating something like it in Literary value, as well as other aspects, such as prophecies, biology, astronomy etc etc.

Trust me: you will NEVER, EVER be able to take this challenge. NO-ONE but God himself can produce anything like the Noble and Holy Qur'an

And when you FAIL, I will remind you of this challenge.

We created man from sounding clay, from mud moulded into shape;
Qur'an 15:26

There, man isn't made of mud.

He it is Who created you from a single being, and of the same (kind) did He make his mate,
Qur'an 7:189

Ok, women didn't come into existence after men.

And He it is Who created the night and the day, and the sun and the moon. They float along in an orbit.
Qur'an 21:33

It is not for the sun to overtake the moon, nor doth the night outstrip the day. They float in an orbit.
Qur'an 36:40

Sun doesn't orbit the Earth.

And verily We have beautified the world's heaven with stars/lamps, and We have made them missiles for the devils, and for them We have prepared the doom of flame.
Qur'an 67:5

Yep, shooting stars are missiles for the devils.

Allah is He Who created seven Firmaments and of the earth a similar number. Through the midst of them (all) descends His Command: that ye may know that Allah has power over all things, and that Allah comprehends, all things in (His) Knowledge.
Qur'an 65:12

There are 8 planets in our solar system (plus dwarf planets), and obviously many many more in others.

The hour drew nigh and the moon was rent in twain.
Qur'an 54:1

Hm, the moon split in half huh?

We created the heavens and the earth and all between them in Six Days, nor did any sense of weariness touch Us
Qur'an 50:38

More like billions of years.

He it is Who created for you all that is in the earth. Then turned He to the heaven, and fashioned it as seven heavens. And He is knower of all things.
Qur'an 2:29

Earth preceded the heavens...

Moreover He comprehended in His design the sky, and it had been (as) smoke: He said to it and to the earth: "Come ye together, willingly or unwillingly." They said: "We do come (together), in willing obedience."
Qur'an 41:11

The universe is expanding at an accelerating rate, not contracting.

Who created the seven heavens one above another; you see no incongruity in the creation of the Beneficent Allah; then look again, can you see any disorder?
Qur'an 67:3

Supernovas and black holes don't seem very ordered.

He is created from a drop emitted .Proceeding from between the backbone and the ribs
Qur'an 86:6-7

That is not where sperm comes from, and we need some ova in this recipe.

And of every thing We have created pairs: That ye may receive instruction.
Qur'an 51:49

Asexual animals exist.

They ask thee concerning the Mountains: say "My Lord will uproot them and scatter them as dust;He will leave them as plains smooth and level; Nothing crooked or curved wilt thou see in their place
Qur'an 20:105

The planet would still curve without mountains: this was ignorant even at the time the Quran was written.

Do ye then feel secure that He will not cause you to be swallowed up beneath the earth when ye are on land, or that He will not send against you a violent tornado (with showers of stones) so that ye shall find no one to carry out your affairs for you
Qur'an 17:68

Muslims experience all of these disasters.

And (He has created) horses, mules, and donkeys, for you to ride and use for show; and He has created (other) things of which ye have no knowledge.
Qur'an 16:8

Horses were domesticated from wild horses, it's not as if they were always able to be ridden, not to mention evolution.

Do they not look at the birds, held poised in the midst of (the air and) the sky? Nothing holds them up but (the power of) Allah. Verily in this are signs for those who believe
Qur'an 16:79

We understand pretty well why birds can fly without saying god's holding it up.

He created you from one being, then from that (being) He made its mate; and He hath provided for you of cattle eight kinds. He created you in the wombs of your mothers, creation after creation, in a threefold gloom. Such is Allah, your Lord. His is the Sovereignty. There is no Allah save Him. How then are ye turned away
Qur'an 39:6

There are more in their way of counting, as cattle here refers to grazing animals and it counts the male and female of the same animal as two kinds.

At length, behold! there came Our command, and the fountains of the earth gushed forth! We said: "Embark therein, of each kind two, male and female, and your family - except those against whom the word has already gone forth,- and the Believers." but only a few believed with him.
Qur'an 11:40

Nnoah's ark is nonsense. They didn't even know about all kinds of animals, and they wouldn't fit on a boat.

The Jews call 'Uzair a son of Allah, and the Christians call Christ the son of Allah. That is a saying from their mouth; (in this) they but imitate what the unbelievers of old used to say. Allah's curse be on them: how they are deluded away from the Truth!
Qur'an 9:30

The Jews no one the son of god.

4.11: Allah (thus) directs you as regards your Children's (Inheritance): to the male, a portion equal to that of two females: if only daughters, two or more, their share is two-thirds of the inheritance; if only one, her share is a half. For parents, a sixth share of the inheritance to each, if the deceased left children; if no children, and the parents are the (only) heirs, the mother has a third; if the deceased Left brothers (or sisters) the mother has a sixth. (The distribution in all cases ('s) after the payment of legacies and debts. Ye know not whether your parents or your children are nearest to you in benefit. These are settled portions ordained by Allah; and Allah is All-knowing, Al-wise.
4.12: In what your wives leave, your share is a half, if they leave no child; but if they leave a child, ye get a fourth; after payment of legacies and debts...
Qur'an 4:11-12

So if 2 daughters are left behind, the wife gets 1/8, daughters get 2/3, mother and father get 1/6 each (when children are left behind).

Yeah, those fractions add up to more than 1.

O ye assembly of Jinns and men! If it be ye can pass beyond the zones of the heavens and the earth, pass ye! not without authority shall ye be able to pass!
Qur'an 55:33

Who got Allah's permission before we went to the moon?
Gold: 0.00
Apr 21 2013 02:22pm
Quote (CPK001 @ Apr 20 2013 03:40am)
What are you talking about?

A few pages back I said poulgagar was a waste of time because he always just copypastas or says "NO1 CAN REFOOT MEE!!!"
Gold: 11,700.00
Apr 21 2013 05:26pm
Quote (poulgaragr @ 21 Apr 2013 16:52)
i KNOW that the Qur'an is the un-altered, perfect, literal Word of God

provide me any source which does not rely (directly or indirectly) on the quran to claim that
as i have repeatedly said on the forum in various forms: no objection against you having faith but do not claim that you have proof for it which doesn't rely on having faith
Gold: 10,042.00
Apr 21 2013 06:51pm
Quote (poulgaragr @ Apr 21 2013 10:06am)

PS I will keep posting this until you ADMIT that the Bible is a man-made, corrupt book that was written by the ENEMIES of God.

Poulgragr you're an idiot. The wall of text you are using is showing how the KJV of the bible has defects - something that almost every informed Christian agrees. Then the post reinstates other translations, such as the revised standard version to hold the true Word of God.

If you knew anything from what you cited, it's explaining why the bible has been carefully restored to its original form, a process called textual criticism. Ironically, it's a process that would make some big holes in the Qu'ran.

Apr 21 2013 07:47pm
@ poulgaragr

Did you know that when I cite passages from the Bible that I do not use the KJV?

Secondly I do not need to have the answer to every single question out there to be a good Christian. All I really need to know in a nutshell is the one and only answer, that being Jesus.

If you really observe the 10 questions, it all comes back to Jesus at the cross in the end. Whenever anyone has a question about the Bible, it can all be pointed to Jesus at the cross as the answer.

Sure, if you have legitimate questions I can endeavour to answer them as best I can. If you do not understand a Bible passage, anybody can go and investigate and understand what is going on.

The problem arises, however, is when you post a single Bible verse on its own and claim that it is corrupted. The solution, every single time might I add, is to put that particular verse with all the other verses around it and you can see what is going on.

In the end, it always comes back to Jesus.
Gold: 2,285.00
Apr 22 2013 07:07am
Quote (CPK001 @ Apr 21 2013 09:47pm)
Whenever anyone has a question about the Bible, it can all be pointed to Jesus at the cross as the answer.

Q: Why is the punishment for rape that you have to marry your victim and pay her dad some silver?
A: Jesus on the cross.

Q: Why can I own slaves from another country but not from my own?

Q: Why is it shameful for women to worship with their hair showing?

Such helpful answers. Better go get re-baptized.
Gold: 11,700.00
Apr 22 2013 08:01am
Quote (dajusta @ 22 Apr 2013 00:51)
...the KJV of the bible has defects - something that almost every informed Christian agrees.  ...
the bible has been carefully restored to its original form, a process called textual criticism. ...

how the hell can you claim that the bible has been restored to its original form?
didn't they use textual criticism when the KJV was prepared?
Apr 22 2013 08:38am
Quote (bentherdonethat @ Apr 22 2013 11:07pm)
Q: Why is the punishment for rape that you have to marry your victim and pay her dad some silver?

Q: Why can I own slaves from another country but not from my own?

Q: Why is it shameful for women to worship with their hair showing?

Such helpful answers. Better go get re-baptized.

Hahahhahahahahaha, nice comedy. You made me laugh for like a whole minute. I commend you for that.
Gold: 10,042.00
Apr 22 2013 08:41am
Quote (brmv @ Apr 22 2013 07:01am)
how the hell can you claim that the bible has been restored to its original form?
didn't they use textual criticism when the KJV was prepared?

Nope absolutely not. The KJV was the very first English version of the Bible. Textual criticism wasn't really around until the Enlightenment period when people saw textual criticism as a need.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1333435363778Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll