d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > How To Get To Heaven When You Die
Prev1333435363779Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 0.10
Jun 13 2012 10:34pm
Quote (Dune1 @ Jun 13 2012 11:47am)
Does this apply to non-theistic beliefs as well?

Look how fast Christianity grew in the short amount of time that it has been here. It's not going anywhere anytime soon.

i didnt mean a literal set amount of time. i just threw 10k out as a number. the point is, christianity has not always existed, like all religion it developed over a long period of time, across countless cultures and kingdoms. as those kingdoms rose and fell, so did the pass of religions. i guess you could say religion is like evolution, its constantly changing.

Quote (xfrodobagginsx @ Jun 12 2012 01:36pm)
The bible was written by God through men. He got it right in the old testiment, but He changed the way that He deals with man in the New. By the way that you are talking about God right now, is why we need a Savior. When Adam sinned, it caused all men to have that attitude toward God that you are showing now. We have to place our trust in Him by accepting the sacrifice that He has provided and believe that He died on the cross and rose from the dead for our sins. He wants us to believe Him. How can we please God if we don't believe God? He gave us freewill. God has HUGE plans for all men, but only if they accept His Son as Lord and Savior, believing that He died on the cross and rose from the dead for their sins. I don't think that's too much to ask. He is the one who suffered for YOU. He died for YOU and He rose again. The question is, will you place your trust in Him? God not only wants to save your soul, He wants to make you ROYALTY in heaven and a Co-Heir with Christ. This is a testing time to see who will choose Him and who will not. He's not going to give you all those blessings if you don't want them. Choose Jesus.

lol all men? really? there were no other men. god made them leave b/c he was ashamed his dirty little secret would get out. and it was eve who ate the fruit first. so ur saying because i use my brain instead of blindly following a book of fiction that i need a savior? nthx, ill take logic and reason over zealtry. lol accept jesus? god sacrificed his SON. his own son. why the hell would you want to follow a deity who does that? my ''attitude'' is based on logic and reason, not a story book compiled over hundreds of years by many many people. he made us in his image, there fore our fallibilty is a direct reflectioon of his. so ill pass on your ''god'' lol. and you know what? if i die and it turns out he is real, i will GLADLY go to hell and serve satan. it is GOD who allows all these terrible things in this world to happen. yeah, ohhhh soooooo benevolent
Gold: 186.16
Jun 14 2012 08:48am
Quote (smilingbear @ Jun 12 2012 10:52pm)
lol what do you expect? its so easy for peeps to be brain washed nowadays. some of the owrst atrocities in the history have been preformed in the name of one religion or another. 200 years ago frodo and his brethren would have burnt me alive for saying that stuff, and said its what their gods wanted. religion is like a kingdom, they come and go with the ages, ten thousand years ago christianity didnt exist, in ten more thousand it wont exist yet again.

inb4theworldsonly2000yearsoldandcanonlybetheproductofintelligentdesign

No, Christians like frodo founded the USA. The USA has been the freest nation ever established by man. It's the godless nations who persecute the Christians.
Jun 14 2012 08:57am
Quote (smilingbear @ Jun 14 2012 04:34am)
i didnt mean a literal set amount of time. i just threw 10k out as a number. the point is, christianity has not always existed, like all religion it developed over a long period of time, across countless cultures and kingdoms. as those kingdoms rose and fell, so did the pass of religions. i guess you could say religion is like evolution, its constantly changing.

lol all men? really? there were no other men. god made them leave b/c he was ashamed his dirty little secret would get out. and it was eve who ate the fruit first. so ur saying because i use my brain instead of blindly following a book of fiction that i need a savior? nthx, ill take logic and reason over zealtry. lol accept jesus? god sacrificed his SON. his own son. why the hell would you want to follow a deity who does that? my ''attitude'' is based on logic and reason, not a story book compiled over hundreds of years by many many people. he made us in his image, there fore our fallibilty is a direct reflectioon of his. so ill pass on your ''god'' lol. and you know what? if i die and it turns out he is real, i will GLADLY go to hell and serve satan. it is GOD who allows all these terrible things in this world to happen. yeah, ohhhh soooooo benevolent

No, I'm saying because I use MY brain, you hate me. I'm glad that I used logic and reasoning when it comes to my faith. See, it's not dependent on logic and reasoning, but it's backed up by logic, reasoning, the facts and evidence. I've been researching it for years and it always comes back to the Bible being true. I'm glad that the Bible was written by God through men and is true history, not just some made up stories. God didn't cause the bad things in the world to happen, MAN did when he chose to disobey God. Once you meet satan, you will change your mind. Even his demons hate him.
Gold: 7,541.28
Jun 14 2012 09:14am
first off the Bible is not perfect its been designed to control as much as it is for teaching us. Like the Catholics they wanted too read the bible and tell others what it means ..Jesus taught us we all equale and did away with this control.
almost all if not all teach control now in some ways..for example woman could only wear dresses in some churches control!!
mormons could no drink coke till they decided too buy into the franchise control..
go too church learn about god and be with your fellow Christians is not a bad thing but even in the time of writing the Bible they belived in controling others as much as teaching them about god.
When jesus comes back is when i start going to church.
Gold: 90.65
Warn: 50%
Jun 14 2012 09:15am
Quote (CPK001 @ May 22 2012 02:57pm)
First and foremost The Bible wasn't written by one single person. It was written by many people. It was written over 2000 years ago because it was inspired by God after Jesus died and rose again.

holy shit , i hope you dont beleive that
Jun 20 2012 07:55am
Quote (bigbody989 @ Mar 11 2012 01:08am)
I've been really thinking about baptism lately. Do you believe that even after you've accepted Jesus into your heart, and asked for forgiveness, that you will be denied into heaven if you're not dunked under water?

No. Salvation is by grace through faith in Christ alone, without the result of works. I believe that if someone places their trust in Jesus, that they should be willing to obey His first command to them, to be baptized.
Gold: 90.65
Warn: 50%
Jun 20 2012 08:05am
Quote (AEtheric @ Jun 14 2012 03:45pm)
The only religion that has anything to add to science is Buddhism.

science is the one true religion
god has granted to his most faithful servants the secrects of HIS world
he has blessed those who study HIs word , written by HIS hand , in the very fabric of HIS creation

and he has cast delusion in the eyes of those most slothful of his servants
who refuse to learn how to read HIS script
but instead look away , and beleive they are inspired
Jun 26 2012 08:52pm
Creation/Evolution Debate - Kent Hovind vs. Ben Waggoner (University of Central Arkansas)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jT-1niYxb8I
Gold: 475.46
Jun 26 2012 09:10pm
Quote (xfrodobagginsx @ Jun 26 2012 07:52pm)
Creation/Evolution Debate - Kent Hovind vs. Ben Waggoner (University of Central Arkansas)

lmfao, there isnt anything to debate!!!

Hey guys, lets debate facts and stories.

Makes sense.
Gold: 260.11
Jun 26 2012 09:16pm
Quote (xfrodobagginsx @ Jun 26 2012 08:52pm)

The "debate" has been over for a century. There is no debate and Kent Hovind can't go 2 sentences without lieing through his teeth.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1333435363779Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll