d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Trump 2016 > Trump Vs Clinton
Prev13373383393403413169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 17,384.69
May 17 2016 10:44am
Quote (IceMage @ 17 May 2016 14:48)
Just took a couple IQ tests, scored bout 350.

that kind bug happend sometimes when you go below zero.

Gold: 28,296.75
May 17 2016 10:47am
Quote (Saucisson6000 @ May 17 2016 08:44am)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqHzwdmU3Sg

Once he got away with the McCain shit I knew we were in trouble
Gold: 40.42
May 17 2016 10:47am
Quote (Saucisson6000 @ 17 May 2016 08:44)

Can't wait to see absolutely none of this acknowledged because low-information voters don't care. :(

Quote (Beowulf @ 17 May 2016 08:47)
Once he got away with the McCain shit I knew we were in trouble

Agreed. I thought for sure he was completely sunk the moment I heard it. :(

This post was edited by AiNedeSpelCzech on May 17 2016 10:48am
Gold: 109.01
May 17 2016 11:01am
Quote (Skinned @ May 17 2016 06:43am)
Historically speaking though, the presidents haven't always successfully packed courts with people of their own ideology.

I don't think SCOTUS judges can be divided into conservative and liberal groups as easily as politicians competing in a political economic market as products. I think we have a pretty smart and dynamic court now. I would like to so somebody more active and intelligence/articulate where Clarence Thomas is and there should be a balance.

I agree there should be a balance on the courts, that's part of the reason I think the upcoming election is so important.

The understanding that the balance is a tacit one, and one the Congress totally respects. A liberal won't be appointed to fill the seat of Scalia...it wouldn't be right, and when Obama talked about it, he even compromised and talked about a conservative judge that the Republicans have a track record of supporting.
I think Obama's nominee Garland is a good pick, he seems fairly minded and bipartisan supported, and of the views of what one would call a moderate republican. I think it's distasteful that he's not given the thumbs up or down, this in my view is a violation of constitutional duty.

Do you have any complaints with his other picks? Kagan and Sotomayor are both outstanding judges and have brilliant legal minds, enough to fill the shoes.

I'm not a fan of Sotomayor at all judicially speaking, I spent a bit of time going thru her positions before posting this @ontheissue.org and watched a few candid interviews with her. As a person, she is exceptionally bright, an excellent role model and talented lawyer, she's imminently likeable, however her positions on affirmative action, gun ownership, drug laws and a few other positions just dont fall in line with my libertarian views. Perhaps out of context but a couple of her quotes seemed like reverse racism against men/whites

Do you value diversity in the Supreme Court when it mitigates law? It is the highest power in the United States, as it has the power of Judicial Review over all laws passed.

In terms of supreme court preference , I'd be in the strict constitutionalist camp, as far as mitigating law, I'd refer to marbury vs madison that is if a law doesnt jive with the constitution it deserves to be thrown out, so I guess you can say in some cases I do support mitigating law when it's in conflict. When there is a conflict, I would prefer to defer to the state.

Would you rather it be diverse as it is, or would you personally like to see it packed with people who completely just agree with you and offer no other or dissenting viewpoints to make decisions with? Aka, a partisan and ideological court. This is just kind of a personal question I'm wondering about you in particular.

I'd guess I'd have to honestly answer this as I'm in the ideological court preference. I dont value diversity in terms of judicial activism, an example I could use here is the affordable care act, I dont think the court got it right in mandating the people to buy certain goods and services and penalize them if they do not, this is antithetical to freedom. I've been in the personal position the last few years (like the last ~13 years) of not being able to afford insurance, and now having hundreds or dollars per year taken for the privilege of not being able to afford even the cheapest shittiest coverage being offered that basically doesnt do anything. Thanks Obama!. Thats my generalization on that question, the nuance here would really come down to specific cases and examples which may or may not run contrary to this.

What a buffoon. The sideshow attraction has become the main show at the GOP.

Brief responses in red/bold.

This post was edited by Master_Zappy on May 17 2016 11:23am
Gold: 99,201.55
May 17 2016 11:07am
Quote (Saucisson6000 @ May 17 2016 11:44am)

damn president trump sure knows how to change his faces, hey redneck die hard trump supporter there goes ur wall or ban on muslim :rofl:
May 17 2016 11:08am
Quote (AiNedeSpelCzech @ May 17 2016 08:47am)
Can't wait to see absolutely none of this acknowledged because low-information voters don't care. :(

Agreed. I thought for sure he was completely sunk the moment I heard it. :(

To have a silver spoon fed clown not only disrespect McCain in that way but all POWs while running for a party that has stood on the backs of veterans for decades so they could push their pro war agenda in the name of patriotism and get away with it?

pretty awful
Gold: 2,504.69
May 17 2016 11:17am
Quote (Beowulf @ May 17 2016 11:08am)
To have a silver spoon fed clown not only disrespect McCain in that way but all POWs while running for a party that has stood on the backs of veterans for decades so they could push their pro war agenda in the name of patriotism and get away with it?

pretty awful

to be fair both parties are publicly for veteran support and both parties do fuck all to actually combat the issue (slight pun intended).

Veteran programs, just like education and criminal justice, are exorbitantly expensive and neither party wants to take those bills back to their electorate and then try to get reelected.

Not that it discounts your point that the GOP has been bad to veterans just that the dems dont do any better.
May 17 2016 11:28am
Quote (thesnipa @ May 17 2016 09:17am)
to be fair both parties are publicly for veteran support and both parties do fuck all to actually combat the issue (slight pun intended).

Veteran programs, just like education and criminal justice, are exorbitantly expensive and neither party wants to take those bills back to their electorate and then try to get reelected.

Not that it discounts your point that the GOP has been bad to veterans just that the dems dont do any better.

Both sides should be held accountable for their good and bad deeds

I guess what they do better is not nominating a cowardly person that talks shit about people captured in war to the top of a ticket for a party that uses patriotism to justify some pretty terrible shit
Gold: 2,504.69
May 17 2016 11:32am
Quote (Beowulf @ May 17 2016 11:28am)
Both sides should be held accountable for their good and bad deeds

I guess what they do better is not nominating a cowardly person that talks shit about people captured in war to the top of a ticket for a party that uses patriotism to justify some pretty terrible shit

sure that's one anecdote, any on the other side of the coin is the GOP establishment who has been against Trump up until and even after he was the presumptive nominee. Also the politicians who are responsible for the hawkish actions that cost soldiers lives =/= voter base who voted Trump. That should be made clear here.

But if we're anecdotally speaking of just this election, as i was saying with Bazi, both candidates are equally hawkish. Ones simply a snake in the grass while the other basks in the sun.
May 17 2016 11:36am
Quote (thesnipa @ May 17 2016 09:32am)
sure that's one anecdote, any on the other side of the coin is the GOP establishment who has been against Trump up until and even after he was the presumptive nominee. Also the politicians who are responsible for the hawkish actions that cost soldiers lives =/= voter base who voted Trump. That should be made clear here.

But if we're anecdotally speaking of just this election, as i was saying with Bazi, both candidates are equally hawkish. Ones simply a snake in the grass while the other basks in the sun.

I don't think it's very equal these days and I think after this election it will be quite far from equal as younger blood rise through the ranks on the left and closer to center

Just because the mid-far right doesn't have any interest in changing doesn't mean others won't

This post was edited by Beowulf on May 17 2016 11:36am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev13373383393403413169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll