d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Trump 2020 > Trump Vs. Pack O' Dems
Prev1329330331332333983Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 285.00
Apr 22 2020 11:39am
Quote (ofthevoid @ Apr 22 2020 12:47pm)
It's incredible the level of hate minorities get that don't behave the way they're supposed to from the left. I'm trying to think if there is anything that comes closes to this on the right?

Gay conversion therapy.
Gold: 5,356.00
Trader: Trusted
Apr 22 2020 11:41am
Quote (Skinned @ Apr 22 2020 08:21am)
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/21/us/politics/russian-interference-senate-intelligence-report.html

Not a good time to be president trump. Turns out it was not a deep state conspiracy. The Russian government meddled in our elections on behalf of Donald Trump so that United States would have a weaker sovereign.

Let that sink in.

https://www.dni.gov/files/documents/ICA_2017_01.pdf
i've linked the ICA report 10+ times on this forum. this is nothing new. ctrl+F Clinton and Trump
all the NYT does in this article, is point to the answer of a very specific question that no one was asking.
none of this changes the findings of the reports released "after" the ICA. what "Russia" wanted, was never a secret.

you can sum the ICA up with...
"Russia doesn't like Clinton, let's investigate her political opponents."
Gold: 2,504.69
Apr 22 2020 11:45am
Quote (tagged4nothing @ Apr 22 2020 12:41pm)
https://www.dni.gov/files/documents/ICA_2017_01.pdf
i've linked the ICA report 10+ times on this forum. this is nothing new. ctrl+F Clinton and Trump
all the NYT does in this article, is point to the answer of a very specific question that no one was asking.
none of this changes the findings of the reports released "after" the ICA. what "Russia" wanted, was never a secret.

you can sum the ICA up with...
"Russia doesn't like Clinton, let's investigate her political opponents."

this is due to revenge fantasies from the democrats, the question all along should have been "what, if anything, did Russia do to interfere. and if they did anything how can we prevent them, or anyone else, from doing it again." then secondly if Trump helped them in any way. starting from what did Trump do with Russia to win was a mistake, but understandable given how upset many people were i guess. people do dumb shit when they're mad.
Gold: 2,617.52
Apr 22 2020 11:48am
Quote (Skinned @ Apr 22 2020 01:39pm)
Gay conversion therapy.

This is only an option in individuals that infect multiple others with HIV. Its a myth perpetrated by the media mostly.
Apr 22 2020 11:52am
Quote (EndlessSky @ Apr 22 2020 12:48pm)
This is only an option in individuals that infect multiple others with HIV. Its a myth perpetrated by the media mostly.

wait what? any source on that, honestly curious.
Gold: 57.00
Apr 22 2020 11:53am
Quote (ofthevoid @ 22 Apr 2020 12:47)
It's incredible the level of hate minorities get that don't behave the way they're supposed to from the left. I'm trying to think if there is anything that comes closes to this on the right?

Quote (Goomshill @ 22 Apr 2020 12:18)

“I intend to help the Democrat Party get rid of its bigotry against Black people that are independent and conservative,” Jones said in the statement announcing his resignation. “I endorsed the White guy (Donald J. Trump) that let Blacks out of jail, and they endorsed the White guy (Joe Biden) that put Blacks in jail.”

well said by Mr Jones
Gold: 34,747.70
Apr 22 2020 11:56am
Quote (Skinned @ Apr 22 2020 06:39pm)
Gay conversion therapy.

Is everyone who is gay born that way? Honest question. I'm sure some people are, but what percentage? How many people are gay by choice because it's more convenient?

For example, an experience I had in my college years made me realize that some people are definitely not born gay, but instead choose to be gay. One time, I was invited to a party by a pretty average looking girl but I was already drunk by the time I got there so she was looking pretty good. The whole night, there was this really scrawny ugly looking guy following her around like a dog. He was clearly trying to hit on her but she just ignored him. Anyway, drunk me decides I want to bang this girl. Partially because I'm drunk, but mostly just because it'd be funny to cuck the other guy who obviously has a crush on her.

Fast forward a couple of hours and I'm making out with her outside the house and this guy is desperately trying to cockblock me, yelling "STOP MAKING OUT" in a half joking, half "you're crushing my hopes and dreams please stop" kind of way. We both just laughed him off. Rest of the night, this girl is all over me, sitting on my lap and shit and the guy keeps trying to get her attention but pretty much gets ignored. End of the night, she ends up going home with me and as we're leaving I look back at see the most demoralized, defeated look on the guys face.

Next morning, I wake up slightly less drunk, look over at this girl sleeping next to me, realize she's not at all attractive, and feel disgusted with myself. She tries to get in touch with me a few times after that but I never respond, and she eventually gives up. But that's not really important. What's important is, a few months later I see this loser guy from the party makes a post that he's in a relationship with some other equally pathetic looking guy. Before this, there was no history of him being gay, he had been in relationships with girls before, and he was clearly into the girl I banged at the party.

So, my question is, is the phenomenon I described merely a statistical outlier based on anecdotal experience which can safely be discounted, or do a significant percentage of gay people choose to be gay because it's easier to find a partner and/or gives them minority status?
Apr 22 2020 11:59am
Quote (EA7 @ Apr 22 2020 12:56pm)
Is everyone who is gay born that way? Honest question. I'm sure some people are, but what percentage? How many people are gay by choice because it's more convenient?

For example, an experience I had in my college years made me realize that some people are definitely not born gay, but instead choose to be gay. One time, I was invited to a party by a pretty average looking girl but I was already drunk by the time I got there so she was looking pretty good. The whole night, there was this really scrawny ugly looking guy following her around like a dog. He was clearly trying to hit on her but she just ignored him. Anyway, drunk me decides I want to bang this girl. Partially because I'm drunk, but mostly just because it'd be funny to cuck the other guy who obviously has a crush on her.

Fast forward a couple of hours and I'm making out with her outside the house and this guy is desperately trying to cockblock me, yelling "STOP MAKING OUT" in a half joking, half "you're crushing my hopes and dreams please stop" kind of way. We both just laughed him off. Rest of the night, this girl is all over me, sitting on my lap and shit and the guy keeps trying to get her attention but pretty much gets ignored. End of the night, she ends up going home with me and as we're leaving I look back at see the most demoralized, defeated look on the guys face.

Next morning, I wake up slightly less drunk, look over at this girl sleeping next to me, realize she's not at all attractive, and feel disgusted with myself. She tries to get in touch with me a few times after that but I never respond, and she eventually gives up. But that's not really important. What's important is, a few months later I see this loser guy from the party makes a post that he's in a relationship with some other equally pathetic looking guy. Before this, there was no history of him being gay, he had been in relationships with girls before, and he was clearly into the girl I banged at the party.

So, my question is, is the phenomenon I described merely a statistical outlier based on anecdotal experience which can safely be discounted, or do a significant percentage of gay people choose to be gay because it's easier to find a partner and/or gives them minority status?

1. how is being gay more convenient? and do those ways even come close to offsetting the cons list

2. your entire premise is based on a false binary, and doesnt account for a spectrum of bi people who can "choose" to adhere to that binary.

if u have 3 bis, 1 who is 75/25 into guys/girls, 1 who is 50/50, 1 who is 25/75, for example. its easy to see either of the 75/25s as "choosing" in a sense.
Gold: 5,356.00
Trader: Trusted
Apr 22 2020 12:00pm
holy classified report.
https://www.intelligence.senate.gov/sites/default/files/documents/Report_Volume4.pdf
C. (U) Discussion of the "Steele Reporting" in the ICA
- The Committee reviewed the debate over whether and where to include the
Steele materials with all participants to the drafting of the ICA.
In the first meeting of the
Committee with Assistant Director for the Counterintelligence Division (AD/CD) of the FBI, he
articulated the FBI's concerns. First was the directive from the President to include all the
information the IC had on Russian involvement in the 2016 presidential election, and this
included material that FBI held. Even though the Assistant Director suggested that "the FBI
didn't want to stand behind it," it qualified for this directive. Second, the question immediately
became how to handle this information in the drafting of the ICA. This was ultimately resolved
by including the information as Annex A, a two-page summary attached only to the most
classified version of the ICA
(i.e., the "Memorandum to the President" version). 112 FBI officials
told the Committee that they "would have had a major problem if Annex A had not been
included,"
and that FBI believed they "had to put everything in."113
Gold: 2,617.52
Apr 22 2020 12:05pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Apr 22 2020 01:59pm)
1. how is being gay more convenient? and do those ways even come close to offsetting the cons list

2. your entire premise is based on a false binary, and doesnt account for a spectrum of bi people who can "choose" to adhere to that binary.

if u have 3 bis, 1 who is 75/25 into guys/girls, 1 who is 50/50, 1 who is 25/75, for example. its easy to see either of the 75/25s as "choosing" in a sense.

Some of them were traumatized or do it out of personal choice. Most are genetic or otherwise predetermined.

For the first point, politifact actually has a pretty good analysys:

Many, including Newsom and other LGBT advocates, have interpreted the last portion of Pence’s statement, about "assistance to those seeking to change their sexual behavior," (in reference to behaviors that transmit HIV) as evidence he supported conversion therapy.

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2016/dec/02/gavin-newsom/pences-support-conversion-therapy-not-settled-matt/

This post was edited by EndlessSky on Apr 22 2020 12:05pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1329330331332333983Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll