d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > What Religion Actually Does To People - Part One > Childhood Indoctrination Is Child Abuse
Prev1323334353641Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 285.00
Jan 30 2015 06:42am
Quote (CPK001 @ Jan 29 2015 11:52pm)
Here are the sources and the Bible Verses that are written into the laws of reality.

Whether you like it or not, it is all written down in the scriptures and are easily accessible. I do research that I am able to back up.

So therefore that comment you made about me talking out of my ass is now nullified.

http://christiananswers.net/q-sum/sum-f001.html

Proverbs 16:25 There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

Genesis 1:28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

Exodus 20:14 Thou shalt not commit adultery.

Corinthians 6:18 Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.

Psalms 66:18 If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me:

1 Corinthians 13 And now abideth faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

Keep quoting old testament stuff. I bet you eat shellfish and pork. If all sin is equal, you might as well be sucking that D in the eyes of God. You know, if you think that is written into the laws of reality.

Waiting for the "but I don't have magical blood" defense.

This post was edited by Skinned on Jan 30 2015 06:46am
Gold: 0.00
Jan 30 2015 06:49am
Quote (Skinned @ 30 Jan 2015 12:42)
Keep quoting old testament stuff. I bet you eat shellfish and pork. If all sin is equal, you might as well be sucking that D in the eyes of God. You know, if you think that is written into the laws of reality.

Waiting for the "but I don't have magical blood" defense.

At which point you better ask him why he doesn't murder disobedient children.
Gold: 285.00
Jan 30 2015 06:51am
Quote (Scaly @ Jan 30 2015 07:49am)
At which point you better ask him why he doesn't murder disobedient children.

I doubt he is getting laid enough to have those :lol:
Gold: 0.76
Jan 30 2015 08:06am
Quote (CPK001 @ 29 Jan 2015 23:52)
Here are the sources and the Bible Verses that are written into the laws of reality.

Whether you like it or not, it is all written down in the scriptures and are easily accessible. I do research that I am able to back up.

So therefore that comment you made about me talking out of my ass is now nullified.

http://christiananswers.net/q-sum/sum-f001.html

Proverbs 16:25 There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death. This speaks of any sin totally out of context

Genesis 1:28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.
There are many ways to be fruitful aren't there? Because if you are saying that every man and woman who doesn't marry and bear many children are sinners what of priests, nuns infertile couples?

Exodus 20:14 Thou shalt not commit adultery. This isn't a LGBT issue, this is a pre-marriage sin you've damned a very big segment of the population here.

Corinthians 6:18 Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.

The correct Biblical definition of these terms with respect to sexual sins is as follows:
Adultery

Illicit intimate sex between one man and one woman whereby the offender (the Adulterer) is currently Married.
Fornication

Illicit intimate sex between one man and one woman whereby the offender (the Fornicator) is currently NOT married.

nothing to do with Gay or lesbian sex per se'

Psalms 66:18 If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me: SIN

1 Corinthians 13 And now abideth faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

Man can love man, woman can love woman man can love woman transgender can love whoever they want wake the heck up.

Jan 30 2015 08:27am
Quote (CPK001 @ Jan 29 2015 05:36pm)

I can give you a few reasons how sex before marriage is harmful.

1. Sex outside of marriage causes damage both physically and causes relational consequences.
Not only is there a risk of children being born without two parents but then there is also AIDS and STD you have to worry about. They are very real diseases.

Sex outside of marriage damages not only the person's friends or outsiders to view them as adulterers but it also damages the relationship between the two people involved.
Talk about trust, if two people have sex outside of marriage how could they trust one another for fidelity?

http://www.ejhs.org/Volume12/Swinging2.htm

Tl;dr: numerous researchers have all come to the same conclusions on swingers and couples in open relationships...they all report higher levels of marriage satisfaction and trust than their monogamous counterparts. While I personally would never be in such a relationship, the facts are the complete opposite of what you claim.

As far as damaging friends, that speaks more about them than it does the people involved. So my friend decides to ruin their marriage with an affair...who gives a shit? That's their problem and divorce battle, not mine. I can obviously tell them not to have affairs. I can tell them what a mistake they made.

But I'm most definitely not actually their friend if the first thing I think of every time I see them that they committed adultery. It's part of that whole "turn the other cheek" and "let he who has not sinned cast the first stone" thing.

Gold: 152.00
Jan 30 2015 09:33am
Quote (sylvannos @ Jan 30 2015 09:27am)
http://www.ejhs.org/Volume12/Swinging2.htm

Tl;dr: numerous researchers have all come to the same conclusions on swingers and couples in open relationships...they all report higher levels of marriage satisfaction and trust than their monogamous counterparts. While I personally would never be in such a relationship, the facts are the complete opposite of what you claim.

I find this hard to believe, I've experimented with open and polyamorous relationships and they invariably led to jealousy for one or more parties.
Jan 30 2015 12:03pm
Quote (CPK001 @ Jan 30 2015 12:37pm)
I can say one of two things in reply to that. I can either say yes they are and not say anything any further just to prove a point.

The other thing I can do is ask you to elaborate as to why you think that is the case. I'll go with the latter.

Because facts are objective, and remain true independent of whether or not one believes in them. The claim is verifiable, capable of replication, and falsifiable. The same can't be said about Bible verses.
Gold: 7,252.72
Jan 30 2015 12:11pm
...it's pretty clear from this thread that organized religion has the most deleterious effects on the non-believer .
Gold: 0.76
Jan 30 2015 12:17pm
Quote (WidowMaKer_MK @ 30 Jan 2015 13:11)
...it's pretty clear from this thread that organized religion has the most deleterious effects on the non-believer .

wow! thanks for that deleterious contribution
Jan 30 2015 12:19pm
Quote (WidowMaKer_MK @ 30 Jan 2015 18:11)

I agree.

Having laws and social and cultural practices and beliefs dictated or severely affected by religion is incredibly harmful to the non-believer. It is an affront to their freedom and in many cases a danger to their safety.

But it is not without it's detrimental effects on the believer also - and that is what this particular thread is about. In particular the mental trauma suffered by children and young people due to the effects of childhood indoctrination into authoritarian religion.

This is but the first in a series of threads - rest assured I will get around to the detrimental effects of religion on society as a whole in a later thread.

This post was edited by Scaly on Jan 30 2015 12:19pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1323334353641Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll