d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > How To Get To Heaven When You Die
Prev132333435Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 0.76
Sep 26 2014 01:59pm
Quote (WidowMaKer_MK @ 26 Sep 2014 14:43)
...okay , now you sound like either the worst " minster " in recent church history or a bald faced prevaricator . I'm going with the latter but either way , I don't really care .

Because I had faith, and then realized what a lie it was? I understand how scary the world is to some of you who cling to 'an imaginary father who after all the crap of this life is over will lift you up above the rest'

The idea of that last time it goes black...it just stays blank is terrifying isn't it?

I think you've mis-read my earlier post all 50 of my congregants didn't doubt their faith just a couple and they had been dealing with some long term problems as well.
Gold: 7,252.72
Sep 26 2014 02:04pm
Quote (Valhalls_Sun @ Sep 26 2014 03:59pm)
Because I had faith, and then realized what a lie it was? I understand how scary the world is to some of you who cling to 'an imaginary father who after all the crap of this life is over will lift you up above the rest'

The idea of that last time it goes black...it just stays blank is terrifying isn't it?

I think you've mis-read my earlier post all 50 of my congregants didn't doubt their faith just a couple and they had been dealing with some long term problems as well.

...I simply don't believe any of it . You are trying to use what you think is an original way to attack Christianity but it reeks of total malarkey . Toodles...
Sep 26 2014 02:16pm
Quote (WidowMaKer_MK @ 26 Sep 2014 15:04)
...I simply don't believe any of it . You are trying to use what you think is an original way to attack Christianity but it reeks of total malarkey . Toodles...

I was a certified lay-speaker, then a certified lay-minister and finally a local minister in the First United Methodist Church, I don't have to lie.

I've seen the look of fear in the eyes of a pretending believer, one who's listening to a message on Grace and thinking 'I don't have it, I don't feel it' They know in their hearts that if they die on the way home

that they're going to miss the heaven train. Sometimes it's the loudest singers and the ones who always offer to pray after Sunday School, they're just often trying too damned hard the more you say you are

the less sure you seem.
Retired Moderator
Gold: 848.00
Trader: Trusted
Sep 26 2014 03:52pm
Quote (Valhalls_Sun @ 26 Sep 2014 17:16)
I was a certified lay-speaker, then a certified lay-minister and finally a local minister in the First United Methodist Church, I don't have to lie.

I've seen the look of fear in the eyes of a pretending believer, one who's listening to a message on Grace and thinking 'I don't have it, I don't feel it' They know in their hearts that if they die on the way home

that they're going to miss the heaven train. Sometimes it's the loudest singers and the ones who always offer to pray after Sunday School, they're just often trying too damned hard the more you say you are

the less sure you seem.

you awakened to the true understanding of Christianity.
have no feelings of guilt or anything.
I will highlight a text of a great man:

While no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start now and make a new ending.
Gold: 0.00
Sep 26 2014 04:22pm
Quote (WidowMaKer_MK @ 26 Sep 2014 20:04)

'This story disturbs me... it must be a lie' - WidowMaker_MK
Gold: 260.11
Sep 26 2014 04:34pm
Quote (Scaly @ Sep 26 2014 04:22pm)
'This story disturbs me... it must be a lie' - WidowMaker_MK

Wouldn't be the first time from him or other notable Christian figures on this forum.
Gold: 5,016.77
Sep 26 2014 04:44pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Sep 26 2014 05:34pm)
Wouldn't be the first time from him or other notable Christian figures on this forum.

People of questionable moral character(atheists) often lie to make a point.
Gold: 7,252.72
Sep 26 2014 04:48pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Sep 26 2014 06:34pm)

...I've already exposed 3 phony " pastors " on this forum , might as well add a phony " minister ' and make it an even 4 . B)
Sep 26 2014 05:28pm
Quote (WidowMaKer_MK @ 26 Sep 2014 17:48)
...I've already exposed 3 phony " pastors " on this forum , might as well add a phony " minister ' and make it an even 4 .  B)

hit me with your best shot baby..

I've sadly seen my share of phony ' Christians' and they are really a sad lot. They usually are the ones eager to cast the first stone as if to draw attention away from their own shortcomings.

Many times they hold themselves 'above' the rest as if proving it to everyone else will finally convince themselves.

They usually memorize line after line of scripture and can repeat whole chapters right alongside the old ladies.

But mostly every so often if you pay attention you can catch the flashes of pure terror in their eyes, because try as they might they still don't feel saved. not deep down ..not like they think they should

not like others describe the feeling.
Gold: 186.16
Sep 30 2014 08:42pm
Plate Techtonics in the bible:

Pr 9:1 Wisdom hath builded her house, she hath hewn out her seven pillars:

1Sa 2:8 He raiseth up the poor out of the dust, and lifteth up the beggar from the dunghill, to set them among princes, and to make them inherit the throne of glory: for the pillars of the earth are the LORD'S, and he hath set the world upon them.

Ps 75:3 The earth and all the inhabitants thereof are dissolved: I bear up the pillars of it. Selah.

Continental drift?

Job 9:6 Which shaketh the earth out of her place, and the pillars thereof tremble.

Plate Techtonics:

The theory states that Earth's outermost layer, the lithosphere, is broken into 7 large, rigid pieces called plates: the African, North American, South American, Eurasian, Australian, Antarctic, and Pacific plates. Several minor plates also exist, including the Arabian, Nazca, and Philippines plates.

The plates are all moving in different directions and at different speeds (from 2 cm to 10 cm per year--about the speed at which your fingernails grow) in relationship to each other. The plates are moving around like cars in a demolition derby, which means they sometimes crash together, pull apart, or sideswipe each other. The place where the two plates meet is called a plate boundary. Boundaries have different names depending on how the two plates are moving in relationship to each other

crashing: Convergent Boundaries,
pulling apart: Divergent Boundaries,
or sideswiping: Transform Boundaries
With respect to plate boundaries is your home located in the middle of, or near the boundary of a plate? What does this mean for you tectonically?

Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev132333435Next
Closed New Topic New Poll