d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Official Political Picture Thread
Prev1325132523253325432555001Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 12,730.67
Sep 26 2019 06:22pm
Quote (GodSmiter @ Sep 26 2019 04:39pm)

I don't think the thermometer was invented when Noah built his ark...

This post was edited by thundercock on Sep 26 2019 06:25pm
Gold: 10,485.00
Sep 26 2019 07:30pm

Gold: 8.20
Sep 26 2019 07:56pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Sep 26 2019 05:02pm)
Its hard to make somebody else understand when you dont have even a light grasp

oh and someone like you does? does anyone really?

didn't al gore claim we would be living in water world sometime like 10 years ago, but meanwhile he flew around on private jets and made millions off the claim?

im just saying maybe pump the brakes before we make radical changes that could potentially have big consequences. There are a lot of factors we might not even understand or know but we have to accept this now and implement it within 10 years or we are "doomed"?

lol who is fear mongering?

what is the argument? that in the past 100 years the temp increased faster over 100 year span then ever before? is that what proponents argue? I honestly don't know anymore because ive just heard so many theories, seen so many graphs, saw Waterwold and was told by al gore that it would happen (years ago). after all that I just not even sure what the argument is at this point. but if I deny it and don't accept it and allow the government/world to force changes then … im what?

I oppose pollution and deforestation (that eliminate CO2) but not really sold on climate change at this point because don't know the facts (all of them). But then again I don't think a single person does.

Gold: 2,364.01
Sep 26 2019 08:20pm
Quote (GuyLadouche @ Sep 27 2019 04:56am)

didn't al gore claim we would be living in water world sometime like 10 years ago, but meanwhile he flew around on private jets and made millions off the claim?

im just saying maybe pump the brakes before we make radical changes that could potentially have big consequences. There are a lot of factors we might not even understand or know but we have to accept this now and implement it within 10 years or we are "doomed"?

what is the argument? that in the past 100 years the temp increased faster over 100 year span then ever before? is that what proponents argue? I honestly don't know anymore because ive just heard so many theories, seen so many graphs, saw Waterwold and was told by al gore that it would happen (years ago). after all that I just not even sure what the argument is at this point. but if I deny it and don't accept it and allow the government/world to force changes then … im what?

I oppose pollution and deforestation (that eliminate CO2) but not really sold on climate change at this point because don't know the facts (all of them). But then again I don't think a single person does.

I wonder why people doesnt talk about earths magnetic north moving faster and faster... During the flip shit might hit the fan pretty bad :bouncy:
Gold: 260.11
Sep 26 2019 08:22pm
Quote (GuyLadouche @ Sep 26 2019 08:56pm)

Al Gore isn't a scientist.

If humans are causing global warming hasn't really been a question in the scientific community for 10+ years now, and has been the most likely explanation for 50+ years.

What should be done isn't a question that can be easily answered, but we can be sure at this point that humans are causing climate change and it will have negative effects on the world.
Gold: 0.00
Sep 26 2019 08:25pm
Quote (GuyLadouche @ Sep 26 2019 06:56pm)

That the average temperature in the past century has accelerated at a rate unseen in prior centuries. That sea level rise is not only increasing, but the rate of sea level rise is increasing. Ocean acidification is on the rise. CO2 concentration in the atmosphere is on the rise.

Virtually every metric we could use to measure global climate change indicates that global warming is a real phenomenon. The question central to the debate is less whether global warming is occurring or not, but instead to what extent human activity is driving that warming, if at all.
Gold: 2,364.01
Sep 26 2019 08:28pm
Quote (Handcuffs @ Sep 27 2019 05:25am)
That the average temperature in the past century has accelerated at a rate unseen in prior centuries. That sea level rise is not only increasing, but the rate of sea level rise is increasing. Ocean acidification is on the rise. CO2 concentration in the atmosphere is on the rise.

Virtually every metric we could use to measure global climate change indicates that global warming is a real phenomenon. The question central to the debate is less whether global warming is occurring or not, but instead to what extent human activity is driving that warming, if at all.

probably contributes but everyone concentrates on CO2 and leaves out a shit ton of other contributors.
Gold: 2,617.52
Sep 26 2019 08:30pm
Quote (Handcuffs @ Sep 26 2019 10:25pm)

The sea level isnt rising...
Gold: 0.00
Sep 26 2019 08:33pm
Quote (EndlessSky @ Sep 26 2019 07:30pm)
The sea level isnt rising...

Every source I've seen says otherwise.

But we all know that sea level rise is less important than the rise of single motherhood. ;)
Gold: 2,617.52
Sep 26 2019 09:01pm
Quote (Handcuffs @ Sep 26 2019 10:33pm)
Every source I've seen says otherwise.

But we all know that sea level rise is less important than the rise of single motherhood. ;)

Its not rising you pseudoscientific cunt.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1325132523253325432555001Next
Closed New Topic New Poll