d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Trump 2020 > Trump Vs. Pack O' Dems
Prev1324325326327328983Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 12,730.67
Apr 15 2020 09:36pm
Quote (Goomshill @ Apr 15 2020 08:20pm)

Well, who will clean my house and feed me tacos when this is all over?
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
Apr 16 2020 05:20am
republican voter disenfranchisement episode 23,746:

they aren't even trying to hide it anymore these days. guess it'd be pointless, because everyone even remotely interested in politics already knows that the more people vote, the worse republicans do. lately a couple of them (including president shit for brains) even said the quiet part out loud...

This post was edited by fender on Apr 16 2020 05:20am
Gold: 285.00
Apr 16 2020 05:30am
Quote (fender @ Apr 16 2020 07:20am)

https://i.imgur.com/xI15Dbv.jpg

they aren't even trying to hide it anymore these days. guess it'd be pointless, because everyone even remotely interested in politics already knows that the more people vote, the worse republicans do. lately a couple of them (including president shit for brains) even said the quiet part out loud...

They never hid it at all. They are open about it, and people who deny this are being deceptive or ignorant. This has been their platform for ages.

The most honest among them, EndlessSky would be the one to say it here, is that we shouldn't have a government directed by the rabble and riff raff.

This post was edited by Skinned on Apr 16 2020 05:30am
Gold: 4,404.67
Apr 16 2020 05:49am
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/10/us/politics/vote-by-mail.html

tldr: the current state of research on the subject is that voting by mail does not seem to favor Democrats.

Quote (fender @ 16 Apr 2020 13:20)

https://i.imgur.com/xI15Dbv.jpg

I hope you realize that the DMVs wont be closed until November... and if they were, then courts would definitely strike down this law.

Gold: 285.00
Apr 16 2020 06:25am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Apr 16 2020 07:49am)

tldr: the current state of research on the subject is that voting by mail does not seem to favor Democrats.

I hope you realize that the DMVs wont be closed until November... and if they were, then courts would definitely strike down this law.

Courts fail to respect women's rights, i can't see how they will be too serious about voter rights.

We have a very conservative court.
Gold: 14,569.69
Apr 16 2020 09:12am
all these R crying about illegal voting, when there is not proof that it happens.
Use that as a dog whistle to block minorities (race and financial status) their specific gerrymandered districts from being able to vote with any accommodations.
clearly trying to scrub out D votes. Don't even know how any R stands their and cries about voter fraud LOL sad af.
Apr 16 2020 11:17am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ 16 Apr 2020 13:49)

oh really? that's awesome. why, you ask? because it allows me to show you that i'm principled on the issue, and not just support whatever benefits the slightly less terrible party: i'm still strongly in support of voting by mail - not only because of those extraordinary circumstances, but because everyone should be able to vote.

given how ridiculous republicans are about closing polling stations in certain neighbourhoods, and purging voters from lists, the limiting of means to vote is obviously just another step to make as few people vote as possible. no matter if they actually benefit from it or not (i didn't have the time to read the article yet to check if your conclusion is correct, and also applies to KY), it's STILL a scummy and undemocratic approach. their declared goal of having as few people vote as possible (the emperor himself admitted it, the documents about the census strategy revealed it as well, and it's also blatantly obvious given the measures i mentioned before) should be universally condemned - even by you, especially if it actually hurts them (which i still highly doubt - they have turned voter disenfranchisement into a science, and fund it with multi million dollar studies)...

just for the record: i happen to make use of vote by mail regularly here in germany - even though i have (like the vast majority of people) a polling place right around the corner, and there are hardly ever long lines and waiting times on election day. i'm aware that the federal returning officer stated that voting by mail is supposed to be for absentees only, not a conveniency option, as it strains the resources and slightly distorts early counting, but i think that's a laughably small price to pay, and definitely the lesser evil compared to not having the option at all.
Gold: 3.33
Apr 16 2020 11:36am
Quote (fender @ Apr 16 2020 06:17pm)
oh really? that's awesome. why, you ask? because it allows me to show you that i'm principled on the issue, and not just support whatever benefits the slightly less terrible party: i'm still strongly in support of voting by mail - not only because of those extraordinary circumstances, but because everyone should be able to vote.

given how ridiculous republicans are about closing polling stations in certain neighbourhoods, and purging voters from lists, the limiting of means to vote is obviously just another step to make as few people vote as possible. no matter if they actually benefit from it or not (i didn't have the time to read the article yet to check if your conclusion is correct, and also applies to KY), it's STILL a scummy and undemocratic approach. their declared goal of having as few people vote as possible (the emperor himself admitted it, the documents about the census strategy revealed it as well, and it's also blatantly obvious given the measures i mentioned before) should be universally condemned - even by you, especially if it actually hurts them (which i still highly doubt - they have turned voter disenfranchisement into a science, and fund it with multi million dollar studies)...

just for the record: i happen to make use of vote by mail regularly here in germany - even though i have (like the vast majority of people) a polling place right around the corner, and there are hardly ever long lines and waiting times on election day. i'm aware that the federal returning officer stated that voting by mail is supposed to be for absentees only, not a conveniency option, as it strains the resources and slightly distorts early counting, but i think that's a laughably small price to pay, and definitely the lesser evil compared to not having the option at all.

Of course you make use of vote by mail, we know you don't like going outside of the house. It's a scary world out there, bud.
Apr 16 2020 11:52am
rent free, lol.
Gold: 111,100.69
Warn: 10%
Apr 16 2020 02:24pm
Fender doesn't understand arithmetic.

Concepts of citizenship and legitimacy are too difficult
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1324325326327328983Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll