d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Official Political Picture Thread
Prev1321432153216321732185001Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Sep 16 2019 06:37pm
Quote (Plaguefear @ Sep 16 2019 04:38pm)
We banned semi automatic weapons here.

So what are you guys allowed to use, breech-loading rifles?

This post was edited by CarsV on Sep 16 2019 06:38pm
Gold: 10,485.00
Sep 16 2019 09:16pm

Gold: 21.93
Sep 16 2019 09:18pm
Quote (CarsV @ Sep 17 2019 10:37am)
So what are you guys allowed to use, breech-loading rifles?

Yeah, bolt action mostly.
Sep 17 2019 01:33am

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puckle_gun

See also: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kalthoff_repeater

On another issue entirely...

Trump says he does not want war after attack on Saudi oil facilities

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-saudi-aramco/trump-says-he-does-not-want-war-after-attack-on-saudi-oil-facilities-idUSKBN1W10X8

WASHINGTON/DUBAI (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump said on Monday said it looked like Iran was behind attacks on oil plants in Saudi Arabia but stressed he did not want to go to war, as the attacks sent oil prices soaring and raised fears of a new Middle East conflict.

This post was edited by Ghot on Sep 17 2019 01:37am
Gold: 2,504.69
Sep 17 2019 06:11am
Quote (Neptunus @ Sep 16 2019 04:36pm)
A tightly packed, contained crowd will take a lot of time to scatter. It doesn't matter how well a person aims in such a situation, auto bursts will most probably create the most casualties. Shooting semi-auto at moving targets once people scatter is maybe more damaging than auto, but like you said, most of the damage is done during the first moments.

You really use CoD as an example? I assume you have real life experience on shooting? Irl one assault rifle shot can easily be deadly regardless where it hits. The Paris 2015 terror attacks were done with assault rifles, reports say the shooters reloaded 3-5 times at the Bataclan theatre. The number of casualties there only? 90/138. It was a crowded, tight space where automatic fire will hit even if you kept your eyes closed.

The point is that a weapon that by default contains 20-30 rounds and can be made into an automatic isn't unnecessary. Can't find a justification for a civilian to own an assault rifle for personal protection. I understand handguns even though i'm not really a proponent.

yes i do have a lot of experience shooting such guns. if you just hold the trigger down on a pack of people the barrel will rise and you'll be off target very quickly. your point that people don't need them for home defense is valid, but home defense doesnt encapsulate all of the motivation for the 2nd amendment. while i dont often prescribe to the idea of fighting off a tyrannical govt it's logically valid for owning such weapons. my overall point was that an automatic weapon is only situationally better than semi auto, and i'd further argue semi auto is more advantageous in more shooter situations. also, automatic weapons themselves are illegal. automatic weapons are good at maiming larger numbers, semi auto is better at killing people. automatic fire just isn't accurate. i used COD as an example for 2 reasons, 1 auto vs semi auto accuracy was done well and people use semi auto for the most part or burst fire, 2 its relate-able to people who dont have the experience firing guns first hand that i have.
Gold: 0.00
Sep 17 2019 08:23am
Quote (Beowulf @ 17 Sep 2019 00:30)
https://i.imgur.com/jHRmr5Q.png

been waiting a decade for this

if we get keanu before 2020 it'll be the year of the GOAT for jre episodes

Holy shit. That's Rob Zombie.
Sep 17 2019 08:43am

Gold: 13,704.02
Sep 17 2019 08:44am
Quote (thesnipa @ Sep 17 2019 07:11am)
yes i do have a lot of experience shooting such guns. if you just hold the trigger down on a pack of people the barrel will rise and you'll be off target very quickly. your point that people don't need them for home defense is valid, but home defense doesnt encapsulate all of the motivation for the 2nd amendment. while i dont often prescribe to the idea of fighting off a tyrannical govt it's logically valid for owning such weapons. my overall point was that an automatic weapon is only situationally better than semi auto, and i'd further argue semi auto is more advantageous in more shooter situations. also, automatic weapons themselves are illegal. automatic weapons are good at maiming larger numbers, semi auto is better at killing people. automatic fire just isn't accurate. i used COD as an example for 2 reasons, 1 auto vs semi auto accuracy was done well and people use semi auto for the most part or burst fire, 2 its relate-able to people who dont have the experience firing guns first hand that i have.

As someone who has played a fair amount of CoD and shot a fair amount of guns, you're pretty spot on. They have pretty realistic gun fire patterns (auto guns spray/rise up, Semi auto much more accurate). Sadly, i haven't fired any SAM missle launchers or 50 cal sniper rifles so i can't comment on those. Occasionally they'll introduce an OP fully auto rifle that'll shoot like a laser beam, but that's rare.

Gold: 2,504.69
Sep 17 2019 08:50am
Quote (djman72 @ Sep 17 2019 09:44am)
As someone who has played a fair amount of CoD and shot a fair amount of guns, you're pretty spot on. They have pretty realistic gun fire patterns (auto guns spray/rise up, Semi auto much more accurate). Sadly, i haven't fired any SAM missle launchers or 50 cal sniper rifles so i can't comment on those. Occasionally they'll introduce an OP fully auto rifle that'll shoot like a laser beam, but that's rare.

the only thing they got "wrong" on 50 cals is people spray firing them and taking massive numbers of shots. im sure if you were a masochist you could do it, but that recoil would tear your shoulder up. even my 300 win mag, which thumps back about 35 pounds every trigger pull, hurts after a few shots. laser sighting in rifles is fucking awesome for that reason lol.

but yeah my overall point is that rate of fire doesn't equate perfectly to potential body count. it's not as if each bullet magically finds its way into a kill shot. and with shooters only carrying a select amount of ammo going full auto seems like a poor choice. The Vegas shooting was somewhat rare in the fact that it involved a camped out shooter with a fuckload of guns and ammo. most shooters are 1-2 gun carrying dudes with a limited number of clips.

i'm always a bit confused how automatic makes it into the conversation so often when they're rarely used. yes assault weapons can be modified into automatic, that is a fact, but it's also a fact that MANY shooters aren't bothering to do it. and that's for a reason. you're attacking soft targets, accuracy > rate of fire.
Sep 17 2019 09:51am

Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1321432153216321732185001Next
Closed New Topic New Poll