d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Official Political Picture Thread
Prev1321332143215321632175001Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 21.93
Sep 16 2019 02:19pm
Why would you need an automatic?
Gold: 2,504.69
Sep 16 2019 02:24pm
Quote (Plaguefear @ Sep 16 2019 03:19pm)
Why would you need an automatic?

no one would, that's why they're illegal.

liberals use the term "semi automatic" or even the plain fact that guns can be rigged to mimic automatic fire as a scare tactic against guns. they never take the next step and ask "is anyone doing this to commit crimes" or even "would this help people commit crimes more effectively".

the only instance i know of where automatic MAY, and i stress MAY, be more potent would be highly clustered drive by shootings. and that's because by the time you're done firing they havent had a chance to react yet. in a mass shooting situation you MAY be best off firing automatic with your first burst, when targets are highly clustered. but 15 seconds in people scatter, some drop, some turn, some run, some fall, etc. on a varied range of targets semi auto is always more deadly than full auto. as any COD player can attest. although we all know that jackass who camps a crowded corridor to just blast full auto SAW bullets where he knows people will come from. full auto also chews up your ammo FAST, with very little accuracy. and will have you reloading much faster. its just worse.

This post was edited by thesnipa on Sep 16 2019 02:24pm
Gold: 21.93
Sep 16 2019 02:38pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Sep 17 2019 06:24am)

liberals use the term "semi automatic" or even the plain fact that guns can be rigged to mimic automatic fire as a scare tactic against guns. they never take the next step and ask "is anyone doing this to commit crimes" or even "would this help people commit crimes more effectively".

the only instance i know of where automatic MAY, and i stress MAY, be more potent would be highly clustered drive by shootings. and that's because by the time you're done firing they havent had a chance to react yet. in a mass shooting situation you MAY be best off firing automatic with your first burst, when targets are highly clustered. but 15 seconds in people scatter, some drop, some turn, some run, some fall, etc. on a varied range of targets semi auto is always more deadly than full auto. as any COD player can attest. although we all know that jackass who camps a crowded corridor to just blast full auto SAW bullets where he knows people will come from. full auto also chews up your ammo FAST, with very little accuracy. and will have you reloading much faster. its just worse.

We banned semi automatic weapons here.
Gold: 10,485.00
Sep 16 2019 03:05pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Sep 16 2019 03:10pm)

I figured it out. The US is the most badass country on the planet, because we have the absolute best movie quotes...

lock and load
roaches check in, but they don't check out
I'll be back
do you feel... lucky? Well, do ya, punk?
this is a 44 magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world.
go ahead, make my day
NYPD means I will Nock Yo Punkass Down
Okay, slick. But let me tell you something about all your skills. As of right now, they mean precisely... dick.
I love the smell of napalm in the morning. It smells like... victory.
That's not a knife. THIS is a knife.
We're not hosting an intergalactic kegger down here.
1.21 gigawatts!
Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of the women.
Ray, when someone asks you if you're a god, you say, yes!
Mr. Anderson, I've been expecting you.
Well, John wasn't exactly the boogeyman. He was the one you sent to kill the fucking boogeyman!
Do. Or do not. There is no try.

This post was edited by Ghot on Sep 16 2019 03:34pm
Gold: 6.66
Sep 16 2019 03:36pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Sep 16 2019 10:35pm)
just for reference tho, no one has used a modified semi automatic rifle that's been altered to shoot automatic in a mass shooting. unless we're counting the bump stocks used in the Vegas shooting. and it should be noted that full automatic firing is actually not an advantage in mass shootings in many cases as it greatly decreases accuracy.

basically, you're not wrong they can be rigged to shoot or mimic automatic firing, it's just not an advantage. you'd kill far more people just pulse firing a semi automatic at about 1 round per second. plenty of time to recover and reaim, especially since many shootings are over in a matter of minutes.

A tightly packed, contained crowd will take a lot of time to scatter. It doesn't matter how well a person aims in such a situation, auto bursts will most probably create the most casualties. Shooting semi-auto at moving targets once people scatter is maybe more damaging than auto, but like you said, most of the damage is done during the first moments.

Quote (thesnipa @ Sep 16 2019 11:24pm)

You really use CoD as an example? I assume you have real life experience on shooting? Irl one assault rifle shot can easily be deadly regardless where it hits. The Paris 2015 terror attacks were done with assault rifles, reports say the shooters reloaded 3-5 times at the Bataclan theatre. The number of casualties there only? 90/138. It was a crowded, tight space where automatic fire will hit even if you kept your eyes closed.

The point is that a weapon that by default contains 20-30 rounds and can be made into an automatic isn't unnecessary. Can't find a justification for a civilian to own an assault rifle for personal protection. I understand handguns even though i'm not really a proponent.

This post was edited by Neptunus on Sep 16 2019 03:37pm
Gold: 0.00
Sep 16 2019 03:44pm
Quote (Neptunus @ Sep 16 2019 04:36pm)
A tightly packed, contained crowd will take a lot of time to scatter. It doesn't matter how well a person aims in such a situation, auto bursts will most probably create the most casualties. Shooting semi-auto at moving targets once people scatter is maybe more damaging than auto, but like you said, most of the damage is done during the first moments.

You really use CoD as an example? I assume you have real life experience on shooting? Irl one assault rifle shot can easily be deadly regardless where it hits. The Paris 2015 terror attacks were done with assault rifles, reports say the shooters reloaded 3-5 times at the Bataclan theatre. The number of casualties there only? 90/138. It was a crowded, tight space where automatic fire will hit even if you kept your eyes closed.

The point is that a weapon that by default contains 20-30 rounds and can be made into an automatic isn't unnecessary. Can't find a justification for a civilian to own an assault rifle for personal protection. I understand handguns even though i'm not really a proponent.

I don't know anyone that owns an assault rifle myself. Most people don't since they are illegal without special permits.
Sep 16 2019 03:57pm

continued...

Yippee-ki-yay, mother----er.
I'll make him an offer he can't refuse.
I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.
Whoa, whoa, whoa. Nice shootin' Tex.
Hasta la vista, baby.
You see, in this world, there's two kinds of people, my friend — those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with me!
Dying ain't much of a living, boy.
I feel the need, the need for speed.
You tell ’em I’m coming. And Hell’s coming with me, ya hear? Hell’s coming with me!
Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have fucked with? That's me.

Gold: 14,949.00
Sep 16 2019 05:01pm
Quote (Ghot @ 16 Sep 2019 16:05)
I figured it out. The US is the most badass country on the planet, because we have the absolute best movie quotes...

lock and load
roaches check in, but they don't check out
I'll be back
do you feel... lucky? Well, do ya, punk?
this is a 44 magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world.
go ahead, make my day
NYPD means I will Nock Yo Punkass Down
Okay, slick. But let me tell you something about all your skills. As of right now, they mean precisely... dick.
I love the smell of napalm in the morning. It smells like... victory.
That's not a knife. THIS is a knife.
We're not hosting an intergalactic kegger down here.
1.21 gigawatts!
Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of the women.
Ray, when someone asks you if you're a god, you say, yes!
Mr. Anderson, I've been expecting you.
Well, John wasn't exactly the boogeyman. He was the one you sent to kill the fucking boogeyman!
Do. Or do not. There is no try.

Quote (Ghot @ 16 Sep 2019 16:57)
continued...

Yippee-ki-yay, mother----er.
I'll make him an offer he can't refuse.
I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.
Whoa, whoa, whoa. Nice shootin' Tex.
Hasta la vista, baby.
You see, in this world, there's two kinds of people, my friend — those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with me!
Dying ain't much of a living, boy.
I feel the need, the need for speed.
You tell ’em I’m coming. And Hell’s coming with me, ya hear? Hell’s coming with me!
Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have fucked with? That's me.

Off your meds I see.

This post was edited by IchBinDaddy on Sep 16 2019 05:03pm
Gold: 28,296.75
Sep 16 2019 05:30pm

been waiting a decade for this

if we get keanu before 2020 it'll be the year of the GOAT for jre episodes
Sep 16 2019 05:34pm

Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1321332143215321632175001Next
Closed New Topic New Poll