d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Trump 2016 > Trump Vs Clinton
Prev13193203213223233169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 0.00
May 14 2016 10:32pm
Quote (Beowulf @ May 14 2016 11:30pm)
I've heard Trump's favorite energy source is white power

The word Negro fell out of favor by the early 1970s in the United States after the African-American Civil Rights Movement. However, many older African Americans initially found the term black more offensive than Negro. In current English language usage, Negro is generally considered to be acceptable in a historical context, such as Negro spirituals or baseball's Negro Leagues of the early and mid-20th century, or in the name of older organizations, as in the United Negro College Fund or the Journal of Negro Education. The U.S. Census now uses the grouping "Black, African-American, or Negro." Negro is used in efforts to include older African Americans who more closely associate with the term.[12] According to Oxford Dictionaries, use of the word "now seems out of date or even offensive in both British and US English".[13]

A specifically female form of the word, negress (sometimes capitalized), was occasionally used. However, like Jewess, it has all but completely fallen from use. The related word Negroid was used by 19th- and 20th-century racial anthropologists. The suffix -oid means "similar to". "Negroid" as a noun was used to designate a wider or more generalized category than Negro; as an adjective it qualified a noun as in, for example, "negroid features".[14]

A little piece from Wikipedia

Sometimes your best investments are the ones you don't make.
I try to learn from the past, but I plan for the future by focusing exclusively on the present. That's were the fun is.
Sometimes by losing a battle you find a new way to win the war.

This post was edited by stimpy6298 on May 14 2016 10:36pm
Gold: 231.41
May 14 2016 10:37pm
Quote (stimpy6298 @ May 14 2016 10:32pm)
The word Negro fell out of favor by the early 1970s in the United States after the African-American Civil Rights Movement. However, many older African Americans initially found the term black more offensive than Negro. In current English language usage, Negro is generally considered to be acceptable in a historical context, such as Negro spirituals or baseball's Negro Leagues of the early and mid-20th century, or in the name of older organizations, as in the United Negro College Fund or the Journal of Negro Education. The U.S. Census now uses the grouping "Black, African-American, or Negro." Negro is used in efforts to include older African Americans who more closely associate with the term.[12] According to Oxford Dictionaries, use of the word "now seems out of date or even offensive in both British and US English".[13]

A specifically female form of the word, negress (sometimes capitalized), was occasionally used. However, like Jewess, it has all but completely fallen from use. The related word Negroid was used by 19th- and 20th-century racial anthropologists. The suffix -oid means "similar to". "Negroid" as a noun was used to designate a wider or more generalized category than Negro; as an adjective it qualified a noun as in, for example, "negroid features".[14]

nigga please
Quote (stimpy6298 @ May 15 2016 04:32am)

I bet you're super excited about what happened the other day!

Federal law will soon no longer contain the words “Oriental,” “Negro” or other dated references to minorities.

Legislation to eliminate remaining use of the terms in federal law text is headed to President Obama’s desk after the Senate passed it by unanimous consent Monday night.

http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/house/279362-congress-sends-bill-eliminating-oriental-and-negro-from-law-to-obama
Gold: 28,296.75
Quote (stimpy6298 @ May 14 2016 08:32pm)

I'm bored so I'll respond to the racist that just wiki copy pasta'd a pathetic excuse to call the President "the negro"

Can I find posts of you referring to Bush as "the white" or "the caucasian"?
May 14 2016 10:38pm
Quote (Beowulf @ May 14 2016 11:37pm)
I'm bored so I'll respond to the racist that just wiki copy pasta'd a pathetic excuse to call the President "the negro"

As long as your going to be thinking anyway, think big.
In the end, you're measured not by how much you undertake but by what you finally accomplish.
Show me someone without an ego, and I'll show you a loser.
May 14 2016 10:39pm
Quote (Beowulf @ May 14 2016 10:37pm)

neither of those have a negative connotation and they're not very catchy. Add a y at the end and we're good. Bush was definitely the whitey.
May 14 2016 10:41pm
Quote (Sakuraba @ May 14 2016 11:39pm)
neither of those have a negative connotation and they're not very catchy. Add a y at the end and we're good. Bush was definitely the whitey.

It's always good to be underestimated.
You know the funny thing, I don't get along with rich people. I get along with the middle class and the poor people better than I get along with the rich people.
One of the key problems today is that politics is such a disgrace, good people don't go into government.

I wasn't satisfied just to earn a good living. I was looking to make a statement.
The point is that you can't be too greedy.
I don't make deals for the money. I've got enough, much more than I'll ever need. I do it to do it.
Gold: 28,296.75
May 14 2016 10:43pm
Quote (stimpy6298 @ May 14 2016 08:38pm)
As long as your going to be thinking anyway, think big.
In the end, you're measured not by how much you undertake but by what you finally accomplish.
Show me someone without an ego, and I'll show you a loser.

that's what she said

http://forums.d2jsp.org/user.php?i=802006
May 14 2016 10:44pm
Quote (stimpy6298 @ May 14 2016 10:41pm)
It's always good to be underestimated.
You know the funny thing, I don't get along with rich people. I get along with the middle class and the poor people better than I get along with the rich people.
One of the key problems today is that politics is such a disgrace, good people don't go into government.

I wasn't satisfied just to earn a good living. I was looking to make a statement.
The point is that you can't be too greedy.
I don't make deals for the money. I've got enough, much more than I'll ever need. I do it to do it.

Pasting lines from Trump's book infringes on his intellectual property, reported.
May 14 2016 10:55pm
Quote (Sakuraba @ May 14 2016 11:44pm)
Pasting lines from Trump's book infringes on his intellectual property, reported.

What?

Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev13193203213223233169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll