d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Trump 2016 > Trump Vs Clinton
Prev131323334353169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 17,384.69
Sep 14 2015 06:53am
make amerika great again :thumbsup: :rofl:
Gold: 260.11
Sep 14 2015 07:15am
In more interesting Trump related news, he exposed a right-wing organization taking money from politicians in exchange for support.

Gold: 5,016.77
Sep 14 2015 09:04am
Quote (Skinned @ Sep 7 2015 09:30pm)
Meh, 99.9% vs. .1% isn't exactly a civil war. Libertarians believe that individuals can rely on the benevolence of paternal business firms who view individuals under their employ as just one factor of labor to manipulate and do with as they please. It is like to be a capitalist you have to immediately compromise treating people as people and not objects. And I do it too. If I'm at a restaurant, and a waitress is talking too much, I feel like "wtf, you're a waitress, refill my tea and gtfo" beyond pleasantries, which is shitty and a socialized trait. I think it is funny that in places I've been in Europe it is rude to ask people what they do, because what does it matter? In the US it is the first thing people ask each other and result in an insane amount of social calculations immediately.

Trump is pretty cool and I think he is pretty badass. I'm not going to disparage him because first off I don't have anything bad to say about him, and second, if I did have anything to say, I wouldn't say it, because he is one of those people who will actually retaliate against you for any perceived transgression. Plus I'm sure he has done a staggering amount of charity and philanthropy personally, and much good through taxes surrendered for social and economic programs as well.

Why would you ever think this is a phenomenon of capitalism? Humans naturally categorize people and treat them accordingly. Maybe you should have asked the waitress to sit down and join you? That would have been the kind thing to do... with no social knowledge of what is going on.

I know people who would chat their servers up as long as possible... simply because they are that outgoing.

This post was edited by IceMage on Sep 14 2015 09:05am
Gold: 0.76
Sep 14 2015 09:53am
Quote (Skinned @ Sep 7 2015 09:30pm)
Meh, 99.9% vs. .1% isn't exactly a civil war. Libertarians believe that individuals can rely on the benevolence of paternal business firms who view individuals under their employ as just one factor of labor to manipulate and do with as they please. It is like to be a capitalist you have to immediately compromise treating people as people and not objects. And I do it too. If I'm at a restaurant, and a waitress is talking too much, I feel like "wtf, you're a waitress, refill my tea and gtfo" beyond pleasantries, which is shitty and a socialized trait. I think it is funny that in places I've been in Europe it is rude to ask people what they do, because what does it matter? In the US it is the first thing people ask each other and result in an insane amount of social calculations immediately.

Quote (IceMage @ 14 Sep 2015 10:04)
Why would you ever think this is a phenomenon of capitalism? Humans naturally categorize people and treat them accordingly. Maybe you should have asked the waitress to sit down and join you? That would have been the kind thing to do... with no social knowledge of what is going on.

Because Capitalists place value on wealth, or on the wealth that a career can generate. They judge a person for what wealth they have and for what wealth they are able to accumulate. Other forms of humans can see past the wealth and it's trappings, and appreciate a fellow human for much more important traits, compassion, integrity, intelligence just to name some.

@bold no sense in going to the extreme just to try to prove that you're right, on a losing argument. Just have the proper amount of interest and be polite, treat her like a fellow human being not some slave girl. Sadly she must have thought that she glimpsed some empathy, or human nature to venture beyond mere waitperson banter. At least her mistake was quickly pointed out and her place properly pointed out.
Sep 14 2015 10:05am
Quote (Valhalls_Sun @ Sep 14 2015 10:53am)
Because Capitalists place value on wealth, or on the wealth that a career can generate. They judge a person for what wealth they have and for what wealth they are able to accumulate. Other forms of humans can see past the wealth and it's trappings, and appreciate a fellow human for much more important traits, compassion, integrity, intelligence just to name some.

@bold no sense in going to the extreme just to try to prove that you're right, on a losing argument. Just have the proper amount of interest and be polite, treat her like a fellow human being not some slave girl. Sadly she must have thought that she glimpsed some empathy, or human nature to venture beyond mere waitperson banter. At least her mistake was quickly pointed out and her place properly pointed out.

Stop speaking in retarded generalities. I've met plenty of capitalists and they are the same as everyone else... just more hardworking and successful. Actually, they tend to be better human beings than the typical employee, which is part of the reason they thrive in business.

I don't know if it's ignorance or an attempt to compensate.. but it's ironic you judge a person based on their wealth.

I'm making a point. Every single one of us bends to social norms, and it has little to do with our economic system. You think waitresses in Cuba aren't treated like waitresses? :wacko:

Most people want the person they are dealing with, whether it be in a restaurant, grocery store, or wherever, to be personable. That's called customer service in business. People are turned off when an economic transaction is completely cold and devoid of any humanity.

This post was edited by IceMage on Sep 14 2015 10:10am
Sep 14 2015 10:14am
hitler: make germany great again
mussolini: make italy great again

My friends know all the old tricks !!! :D

Sep 14 2015 10:16am
Quote (Saucisson6000 @ Sep 14 2015 11:14am)

Don't clog this thread with your nonsense. Thanks.
Sep 14 2015 10:17am
Quote (IceMage @ 14 Sep 2015 17:16)
Don't clog this thread with your nonsense. Thanks.

make this tread great again :D
-and chase away the multis-

nb; vote for me !!

This post was edited by Saucisson6000 on Sep 14 2015 10:20am
Gold: 0.00
Sep 14 2015 11:22am
Trump leads with 63 votes on here?

The man is going to get such a small percentage of the Latino & Women vote. He seriously stands no chance.
Gold: 285.00
Sep 14 2015 11:51am
Quote (Interesting @ Sep 14 2015 12:22pm)
Trump leads with 63 votes on here?

The man is going to get such a small percentage of the Latino & Women vote. He seriously stands no chance.

That is just about any GOP candidate. Even their token woman preaches anti-woman policy. I've never once seen a GOP leader say we should have more maternity leave available from employers or subsidized health insurance for children in low income families. We've had to fight them for things like this from the beginning. Even when we've gotten it they've assumed power and done away with things like SCHIP (CHIP is back now we're back just not state level anymore heh heh). They're attacking their access to health care, to birth control, to access to abortion because women in capitalist America have to be able to control their reproduction for basic survival....abortion is done out of economic failure not moral failure...and the party of economic failure is the GOP...every time they leave office the economy is in the shitter and all the factors causing people to have abortions are exacerbated.

Then they say they're pro-life :lol:

My criticism here is for the free market conservatives. The Compassionate Conservative types who support responsible are ok in my book. It is the dogmatic dollar worshipers praying at the alter of individuality with zero self-reflection that I'm really criticizing here.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev131323334353169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll