d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > How To Get To Heaven When You Die
Prev13132333435Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 277,740.50
Sep 26 2014 11:21am
Quote (Scaly @ Sep 26 2014 01:12pm)
Maybe you should start a church?

yes
Gold: 0.76
Sep 26 2014 11:40am
Quote (WidowMaKer_MK @ 26 Sep 2014 12:10)
...what you failed to do was impart to them the understanding of forgiveness and it is for the best you are no longer teaching .

Yes I could no longer lie.

It sickened me when My yearly evaluation at the D.S. office started off with how well we were collecting monies, and in return sending money to the District Office.

I realized that organized religion is nothing but tax-free big business.

And I could no longer lie to my church family, I could no longer tell them how worthless they were, how undeserving they were of love.

and how really the only thing the "church" cared about was their tithing.

So yes I agree I could no longer teach this.
Gold: 1,272.50
Sep 26 2014 11:55am
Quote (Valhalls_Sun @ 26 Sep 2014 10:40)

It sickened me when My yearly evaluation at the D.S. office started off with how well we were collecting monies, and in return sending money to the District Office.

And I could no longer lie to my church family, I could no longer tell them how worthless they were, how undeserving  they were of love.

Wait what? Why would you think they were worthless and undeserving of love? Where in the bible does it teach/say that?

You do have a point on the organized religion part, but just like any business, there's always bad apples in the batch.
And yes, some churches think they are a "business". To sustain money to pay for the property / house bills / etc, which all needs to be done to keep the church alive and all financial information should be public for the members.

This post was edited by HighschoolTurd on Sep 26 2014 11:57am
Gold: 0.00
Sep 26 2014 11:57am
Quote (HighschoolTurd @ 26 Sep 2014 17:55)
Wait what? Why would you think they were worthless and undeserving of love? Where in the bible does it teach/say that?

You do have a point on the organized religion part, but just like any business, there's always bad apples in the batch.

Because the bible specifically says we are all sinners until we accept god. God's love is all we should seek to take out of life and we are never worthy of it. Simple. You should take a look at your own religion some time.
Gold: 1,272.50
Sep 26 2014 12:00pm
Quote (Scaly @ 26 Sep 2014 10:57)
Because the bible specifically says we are all sinners until we accept god. God's love is all we should seek to take out of life and we are never worthy of it. Simple. You should take a look at your own religion some time.

Yeah, but those people are going to his Church voluntarily. And most likely Christians? Sure there are a few who are on the edge and come with friends and do get Saved, but a Church of 50? His story doesn't really add up imo.

This post was edited by HighschoolTurd on Sep 26 2014 12:01pm
Sep 26 2014 12:09pm
Quote (HighschoolTurd @ 26 Sep 2014 12:55)

And yes, some churches think they are a "business".  To sustain money to pay for the property / house bills / etc, which all needs to be done to keep the church alive and all financial information should be public for the members.

Have you read the New Testament? don't get me wrong pure Grace would be a beautiful thing. but you are also told that you are sinners, and yes they would feel undeserving of love because
they felt incapable of salvation.

maintaining a church should be 2nd. in importance to maintaining the flock. and the bishops and deacons etc.... received enormous salaries.
Gold: 0.00
Sep 26 2014 12:10pm
Quote (HighschoolTurd @ 26 Sep 2014 18:00)
Yeah, but those people are going to his Church voluntarily. And most likely Christians? Sure there are a few who are on the edge and come with friends and do get Saved, but a Church of 50? His story doesn't really add up imo.

His story doesn't add up? Why? Because his church had a congregation of 50? This post doesn't make sense. Maybe you should take a moment to collect your thoughts before you post.
Sep 26 2014 12:11pm
Quote (HighschoolTurd @ 26 Sep 2014 12:55)

And yes, some churches think they are a "business".  To sustain money to pay for the property / house bills / etc, which all needs to be done to keep the church alive and all financial information should be public for the members.

Have you read the New Testament? don't get me wrong pure Grace would be a beautiful thing. but you are also told that you are sinners, and yes they would feel undeserving of love because
they felt incapable of salvation.

maintaining a church should be 2nd. in importance to maintaining the flock. and the bishops and deacons etc.... received enormous salaries.
Sep 26 2014 12:12pm
Quote (HighschoolTurd @ 26 Sep 2014 13:00)

what doesn't add up?
Gold: 7,252.72
Sep 26 2014 01:43pm
Quote (Valhalls_Sun @ Sep 26 2014 01:40pm)

And I could no longer lie to my church family, I could no longer tell them how worthless they were, how undeserving  they were of love.

...okay , now you sound like either the worst " minster " in recent church history or a bald faced prevaricator . I'm going with the latter but either way , I don't really care .
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev13132333435Next
Closed New Topic New Poll