d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > How To Get To Heaven When You Die
Prev1313233343579Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 186.16
Jun 6 2012 04:46pm
Quote (Aliengames @ Jun 1 2012 01:33am)
Well this is interesting... why do you believe this? Because it sounds like a load of crap. I'm curious as to why you believe a load of crap?

It's not a load of crap. It's written in His Word, the Bible. The Bible was written by the eyewitness. The eyewitesess accounts line up with the hisitorial writings from historians of His day. What will it take for you to believe it actally happened?
Quote (toyake @ Jun 1 2012 06:25pm)
If you believe in Heaven, you don't need to know any "tricks" to get in. You know If you're getting in or not. The important message is to be a decent and compassionate human being.
You don't need a holy book to tell you what to do; people know objectively what it takes to be a good person. Are you being the best kind of person that you can be? Are you contributing to loving the world? or are you stepping on everyone else to better yourself? If God is looking down and judging you, he isn't looking for perfection, he's looking for effort and sincerity.

So what you're saying is that You don't believe God when He says that only those who place their faith in Jesus Christ, believing that He died on the cross and rose from the dead for their sins will be saved? Merely being a good person cannot get you into heaven and will not. The reason is that you must be perfect to get there and no one but Jesus is perfect. By placing your faith in Jesus, His perfection will be applied to you. That's what the cross is about, but you mustf choose Jesus. He won't force you. God isn't judging you at this prdesent time, but He will judge. When He does, good deeds won't help you. We are warned of this in the Bible.
Gold: 0.10
Jun 6 2012 07:41pm
i sold my soul to satan, not like i was using it. god and satan both want our souls for their own reasons, neither really care about us humans. at least satan is honest about that. en nostrei de satanis
Gold: 2,385.57
Jun 7 2012 01:16am
Quote (xfrodobagginsx @ Jun 6 2012 06:46pm)
It's not a load of crap.  It's written in His Word, the Bible.  The Bible was written by the eyewitness.  The eyewitesess accounts line up with the hisitorial writings from historians of His day.  What will it take for you to believe it actally happened?

So what you're saying is that You don't believe God when He says that only those who place their faith in Jesus Christ, believing that He died on the cross and rose from the dead for their sins will be saved? Merely  being a good person cannot get you into heaven and will not.  The reason is that you must be perfect to get there and no one but Jesus is perfect.  By placing your faith in Jesus, His perfection will be applied to you.  That's what the cross is about, but you mustf choose Jesus.  He won't  force you.  God isn't judging you at this prdesent time, but He will judge.  When He does, good deeds won't help you.  We are warned of this in the Bible.

Well "His word" has been translated and cut down plenty of times. Why all the edits? What you're reading today isn't the real Bible, and the farther you get back the crazier it gets (which is probably why most Christians don't acknowledge the Dead Sea Scroll Translations)

And I'm sorry but being a good person is arguably more important than accepting Jesus as the one and only. You're putting too much importance on the physical person and not the teachings.
What about all the priests that have accepted Jesus then molested alter boys, are they good to go?

And before you stand proud to defend the Bible make sure you've read and fully understood it. Enjoy this life while you have it, don't waste it in fear of a God that may or may not exist. An all powerful being older than time itself doesn't need you to pray to him every day to boost his ego. The message is to be a good person and to be respectful and compassionate, to make this short time that we have enjoyable for everyone.
Jun 7 2012 07:32am
Quote (smilingbear @ Jun 7 2012 01:41am)
i sold my soul to satan, not like i was using it. god and satan both want our souls for their own reasons, neither really care about us humans. at least satan is honest about that. en nostrei de satanis

It's not too late to change your mind and give your life to Christ. Repent of that evil and turn to Christ. Jesus can save you. If it doesn't matter than turn to Christ and I will make you this promise, you will never regret it. Turn to satan and I will make you this promise, you will regret it forever...
Jun 7 2012 07:46am
[QUOTE=toyake,Jun 7 2012 07:16am]Well "His word" has been translated and cut down plenty of times. Why all the edits? What you're reading today isn't the real Bible, and the farther you get back the crazier it gets (which is probably why most Christians don't acknowledge the Dead Sea Scroll Translations)

Translation doesn't mean re-written. The originals haven't changed. I'm not afraid of the Dead Sea Scrolls, they affirm the preservation of scripture.

And I'm sorry but being a good person is arguably more important than accepting Jesus as the one and only. You're putting too much importance on the physical person and not the teachings.
What about all the priests that have accepted Jesus then molested alter boys, are they good to go?

Jesus is the one who is going to judge who goes to heaven not you. Jesus is the one who said that it's not by our good deeds, but rather our faith in Jesus Christ and His sacrifice on the cross. I'm putting importance on the words of Jesus. You are ignoring them. Cain in the bible is a great example of what you are doing. God told Cain to sacrifice an animal for a sacrifice, but Cain decided to not do things God's way, but rather his own way, so he brought God a bunch of fruit instead. Did God accept Cain's sacrifice? No. Why not? Because he didn't do it the way that God told him to. Only those who believe God will be saved. By doing things your way rather than God's way, you are placing your faith in your self rather than God. Turn to God and do it His way in faith. Jesus is the only way, not good deeds. Let go of everything else and take hold of Jesus Christ, believing in your heart that He died on the cross and rose from the dead for your sins. That's the sacrifice that will save you. You are already a sinner, so you cannot make up for those past sins. It's too late to be good. If someone commits a crime, let's say they rob a store, then they live a good life from then on. When the police catch them, do they go to jail? Yes. But they lived a good life. They were a good person. No matter, they are guilty of the crime. What if the President offers you a pardon for those crimes? Well, if you accept the Pardon, you go free, even though you are guilty. If you reject the Pardon, you have to pay for your crimes by going to prison. Well, the crime is sin. Hell is the prison. Jesus is the President offering you a pardon. Do you accept the pardon through faith in Him or do you reject it? That's what's happening here.

Tit 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

Joh 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

And before you stand proud to defend the Bible make sure you've read and fully understood it. Enjoy this life while you have it, don't waste it in fear of a God that may or may not exist. An all powerful being older than time itself doesn't need you to pray to him every day to boost his ego. The message is to be a good person and to be respectful and compassionate, to make this short time that we have enjoyable for everyone

Who says that I don't enjoy my life. Name something that I can't do that I want to do. I enjoy most of the things that anyone else does, but I just do it the proper way in moderation. Name something and see.

.[QUOTE]

My responses are in bold.
Gold: 0.00
Jun 7 2012 07:56am
Frodo, I will never understand why you would ever resort to irrationality, irresponsibility, denial, ignorance and so on, just so you can preserve your false happiness and array of false securities...

This post was edited by GodlessRock on Jun 7 2012 08:01am
Gold: 2,385.57
Jun 7 2012 01:01pm
We all know that translations aren't perfect. The Bible was first in Hebrew which we still don't know all of the words, than translated to Greek/Latin/ and beyond.
Every translation looses a bit of the original meaning. Gods word shouldn't have to be edited, EVER.

The Dead Sea Scrolls can only be translated by a handful of people in the world. One of which believes they describe a trip report. It's pretty interesting to toy around with the idea.

Matthew 18:3
And he said: "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

I personally believe that if there is a God, he will care more about how we treated our brothers and sisters rather than how loudly we chant his name. Actions are the greatest expression of thought.
Show your love of God by Loving everyone.

And I can't find the verse, but it's something along the lines of, whatever is done unto strangers is done twice unto me (or maybe I just made it up to fit?)

Gold: 0.10
Jun 8 2012 09:21am
the bible was written by MAN. supposedly under gods tutelage. man is not infalliable, as god is supposed to be, but how can god make a mistake? old and new testament? why cant god get it right the first time? supposed to take it on faith but with so many discrepencies how? gods very PROVEN fallibility negates any possible foudation for true faith, making the need for proof inherent thus disproving his existence. gods very doctrines are what proves he doesnt exist at all. the common version of the bible, the most accepted today was mass produced by king james to educate the common people of his time, but in the process who knows how many things his pages changed? every play telephone? he was trying to take power away from the catholics who were hoarding the knowledgde of god but in the process he rendered it completely obsolete and useless. if you are all knowing, all powerful and benevolent you wouldnt let you whole flock suffer for all eternity just because YOUR MISTAKE ATE SOME STUPID GODDAMN FRUIT. we didnt do it, they did. yet we are punished for their sin, which god had to have known they would do, according to hsi very nature. so in essence we were setup to fail. as for satan, how can something god created turn against him? he MADE the angels, the rebeled AGAIN proving gods fallibility. why would the '''almighty'' create something that could go against his wishes? probably the same reason you ut bugs in a spider web as a small child. to see what happens. or maybe boredom. what would a god do for entertainment anyway when he knows all and can do all? set aside a "fishtank" somewhere with ur own little ant farm? pour water in when they displease you? watch them all kill each other so you can take their souls to empower your self? cosmic magnifying glass? you get the idea.
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 10%
Jun 8 2012 02:22pm
Fairly certain if you read through your own book of "ethics".. You'll find not many of you will get to heaven, and in fact, many of you should have been stoned to death, over and over.. (Not via my opinion, but through statements clearly made in your own book.. Hope your shirts not made of 50/50)
Jun 12 2012 01:26pm
Quote (GodlessRock @ Jun 7 2012 01:56pm)
Frodo, I will never understand why you would ever resort to irrationality, irresponsibility, denial, ignorance and so on, just so you can preserve your false happiness and array of false securities...

Uh huh....What are you referring to? The facts and evidence that I present?

This post was edited by xfrodobagginsx on Jun 12 2012 01:26pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1313233343579Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll