d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Black On White Hate Crime > Caught On Video
Prev1313233343544Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 42.08
Apr 26 2011 01:40pm
Quote (njaguar @ Apr 26 2011 07:36pm)
See #2 in this reply.

Close to 90% of sexual assualts on children are committed by a family member or a trusted guardian. And I doubt that those assaults take place in a public bathroom.

Most sexual abuse offenders are acquainted with their victims; approximately 30% are relatives of the child, most often brothers, fathers, uncles or cousins; around 60% are other acquaintances such as 'friends' of the family, babysitters, or neighbors; strangers are the offenders in approximately 10% of child sexual abuse cases

Source: http://www.ptsd.va.gov/public/pages/child-sexual-abuse.asp

This post was edited by Rhamax on Apr 26 2011 01:41pm
Gold: 678.00
Apr 26 2011 01:43pm
Quote (njaguar @ 26 Apr 2011 20:39)
Here you go, burden of proof on me that shared (unisex) bathrooms can be used for sexual assault:
http://kstp.com/news/stories/S1906502.shtml?cat=1

There's one, and google found many other articles with simple searches on "sexual assault family bathroom" (since unisex is not a term usually used by news media, and unisex bathrooms are quite rare, with family bathrooms are the closest thing to unisex bathrooms currently around)

Now your turn (though I probably won't read further replies, I'm beating a dead horse, and it's quite clear nothing will convince some of you to the obvious).

Hm, now compare the amount of sexual offences in genderspecific bathrooms and compare.

Also: googling for 'sexual assault family bathroom' is not the same as citing a scientific and peerreview study regarding the effect of unisex bathrooms on the behavior of sexual predators.
Gold: 2,004.00
Apr 26 2011 01:43pm
Look at the costume.

Why would anyone want their teenage or child daughter in a restroom with grown men when this is what sells...

Gold: 2,285.00
Apr 26 2011 01:44pm
The issue: Genderless bathrooms.
The "Pro" argument: Does treats everyone across the gender spectrum equally, including people that don't fit neatly into the black and white roles that permeates society.
The "Con" argument: Pedophiles. <-- note the complete lack of any evidence. Appeal from emotion fallacy.
The "Pro" counter-argument: That's absurd because *list of reasons*
The "Con" counter-argument: Pedophiles! <-- note again the complete lack of ANY evidence.

I'm out of here. It's starting to feel like a debate with Creationists that don't provide any evidence while continually asserting that they're right.
Apr 26 2011 01:44pm
Quote (ArcticShadow @ 26 Apr 2011 20:43)
Look at the costume.

Why would anyone want their teenage or child daughter in a restroom with grown men when this is what sells...

http://i55.tinypic.com/2di0xlx.jpg

Do you feel aroused when you see this picture? Because I don't.
Gold: 2,004.00
Apr 26 2011 01:46pm
Quote (hATemOnkEy @ Apr 26 2011 02:44pm)
Do you feel aroused when you see this picture? Because I don't.

No, I don't. The obvious point is that there is a significant percentage of guys who like that underage girl thing.
Gold: 11.00
Apr 26 2011 01:46pm
Quote (bentherdonethat @ Apr 26 2011 03:44pm)
The issue: Genderless bathrooms.
The "Pro" argument: Does treats everyone across the gender spectrum equally, including people that don't fit neatly into the black and white roles that permeates society.
The "Con" argument: Pedophiles. <-- note the complete lack of any evidence. Appeal from emotion fallacy.
The "Pro" counter-argument: That's absurd because *list of reasons*
The "Con" counter-argument: Pedophiles! <-- note again the complete lack of ANY evidence.

I'm out of here. It's starting to feel like a debate with Creationists that don't provide any evidence while continually asserting that they're right.

Not accepting things as evidence doesn't mean no evidence is stated ;) There are many people who say what you do that claim no one ever puts forth any evidence to prove them wrong, only because your own opinions don't allow you to see anything not in your agenda as relevant.
Gold: 42.08
Apr 26 2011 01:47pm
I still don't think there should be unisex bathrooms for the most obvious and for some reason least argued reason:

It's fucking weird.

Admin
Gold: 16,845.00
Trader: Trusted
Apr 26 2011 01:49pm
Plenty more reasons were given besides a risk of sexual assault (not just pedophiles, mind you). There are 325 replies on this topic for you to read regarding those reasons. You guys just fixate on pedophilia, which is rather disturbing in and of itself.

All the pro arguments consist of red herrings, and no proof. Anecdotal evidence is not evidence. Even when provided with proof that they do pose a risk, they are discarded as not important, which means you don't really care what the risk.

That's not having a debate, and calling foul on things that you yourself are equally guilty of is laughable.

Good show!

Quote (hATemOnkEy @ 26 Apr 2011 14:43)
Hm, now compare the amount of sexual offences in genderspecific bathrooms and compare.

Also: googling for 'sexual assault family bathroom' is not the same as citing a scientific and peerreview study regarding the effect of unisex bathrooms on the behavior of sexual predators.

Ostrich syndrome, bury your head in the sand until nanny government gives you information written in 2nd grader language so you don't have to think for yourself.
Apr 26 2011 01:49pm
Quote (OgreDan @ 26 Apr 2011 20:46)
Not accepting things as evidence doesn't mean no evidence is stated ;) There are many people who say what you do that claim no one ever puts forth any evidence to prove them wrong, only because your own opinions don't allow you to see anything not in your agenda as relevant.

No really, just shouting 'PEDOPHILES' or 'SEX OFFENDERS' does not constitute as evidence or even an argument.

Quote (Rhamax @ 26 Apr 2011 20:47)
I still don't think there should be unisex bathrooms for the most obvious and for some reason least argued reason:

It's fucking weird.

What's weird about it? The restroom is a place to relieve yourself. You're not in there to make friends. Walk in, piss/shit, wash hands, walk out. That's it. Who cares who is in the stall next to you?
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1313233343544Next
Closed New Topic New Poll