d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Trump 2020 > Trump Vs. Pack O' Dems
Prev1314315316317318983Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
Apr 10 2020 10:02pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ 11 Apr 2020 04:02)
Here's a full transcript of the interview where he was talking about the judge:
https://edition.cnn.com/2018/02/27/politics/judge-curiel-trump-border-wall/index.html

It's really quite the tedious, rambling mess, Trump and the reporter are constantly talking past each other.
What I can take away from his ramblings is that he already held a grudge against this particular judge because of a case involving Trump university where Trump felt treated unfairly.

And then Trump clearly insinuates that the judge would have a pro-mexico bias should he ever preside over a case involving Trump's US-Mexico border wall. This is an example of a larger pattern with Trump: he believes that people are inextricably shaped by the social and cultural environment they grew up in, by the culture of their parents.. Is this a pessimistic, ugly worldview? Sure it is. Is it completely unreasonable to think that people who grew up under strong influence of a foreign culture or who still have family ties to a foreign country might have some bias in favor of this country/culture? Nope.

His comments about the judge went too far, I cant condone them - but they dont represent racism that I would consider "beyond the pale".

----

His comments about the Central Park Five were inflammatory, but I dont see an obvious racial undertone in them. It should also be noted that these comments have to be seen in the light of the situation at the time - from the mid-70s until the early 90s, NYC was a violent cesspool of crime and urban decline. Trump's call for a zero tolerance policy was much more justified and justifiable in 1989 than it would be today. Mayor Giuliani turned around NYC's fortunes a couple of years later by essentially implementing the exact sort of hard on crime policies that Trump was demanding in his Central Park Five newpaper ad.

----

The birtherism imho is the worst offender of them all. That's the one instance where Trump really went too far imho.

Where I draw my personal line is actually a good question. I would say when a politician is showing a consistent pattern of racism or deep racial resentment that frequently leads to policies which are racially discriminatory by intention.
On racial issues, Trump doesnt go beyond my personal acceptance limit, but for example someone like Steve King of Iowa does. In a German context, I can live with the stuff Gauland is saying and proposing, but Höcke is well past it.

I think our fundamental disagreement on this issue lies with my willingness to overlook missteps by politicians that I usually agree with, as long as there's no consistent pattern. You, by contrast, think that ANY amount of racism should disqualify from public office.
Btw, just curious: do you think that Virginia Governor Ralph Northam should have resigned over his blackface scandal? If really ANY amount of racism is enough to disqualify someone in your eyes, you would have to be in favor of him resigning over it.

only too far for you to make a silly excuse, obviously not too far to not support him - despite YEARS of relentlessly pushing that racist conspiracy theory, in order to smear and delegitimise the first african american president in US history.

speaks for itself really that you're trying to characterise that as 'one instance', implying that it's forgivable because it's 'just one thing', a 'misstep', and not a consistent pattern - by twisting yourself into pretzels to excuse literally every other example of his obvious racism, not hesitating to make the dumbest and flimsiest, common sense-defying rationalisations, grasping at even the thinnest straw of deniability...

i mean, his comments about that judge for example, textbook examples of blatant racism, so bad that even his political allies went on the record to distance themselves from them - but you just can't help yourself, you HAVE to find a way to label them 'bad, but not racist', in order to support your laughable 'just one misstep' narrative.
Gold: 57.00
Apr 10 2020 10:54pm
Quote (fender @ 11 Apr 2020 00:02)
despite YEARS of relentlessly pushing that racist conspiracy theory, in order to smear and delegitimise the first african american president in US history.

the 2016 (D) candidate for President initially pushed said angle in early 2008 (or at least said candidate’s campaign did), and President Obama not only provided a full endorsement for said candidate but also campaigned in states said candidate refused to even step foot in

your thoughts!
Gold: 14,569.69
Apr 11 2020 08:54am
wut?

“I saved us all from much, much worse. Really, it would have been really terrible — bad, folks — if not for my tremendous efforts in making them less bad. I first said it was going to be very bad, but then the doctors convinced me it wouldn’t be, so I listened to them and said it wasn’t going to be very bad, but I should have listened to me first. It was bad, but not as bad as they said, and actually closer to the bad what I predicted, which was not as bad as, say, China, and it was very bad there, folks — they had like a lot of people who got sick. They’re still counting. They have over a billion people. A lot of people don’t know that. With a ‘B’. We were much, much better when I got involved because we don’t have a billion people, but we have lot, almost as many. And I never said only 15 people would die. That’s fake news. I didn’t allow Chinese in for a long, long time, which really, really helped our numbers. They’re great people, though, most of them, the Chinese and Orientals. They respect me very much.”
Gold: 2,617.52
Apr 11 2020 09:08am
Quote (theCrossbones @ Apr 11 2020 10:54am)
wut?

“I saved us all from much, much worse. Really, it would have been really terrible — bad, folks — if not for my tremendous efforts in making them less bad. I first said it was going to be very bad, but then the doctors convinced me it wouldn’t be, so I listened to them and said it wasn’t going to be very bad, but I should have listened to me first. It was bad, but not as bad as they said, and actually closer to the bad what I predicted, which was not as bad as, say, China, and it was very bad there, folks — they had like a lot of people who got sick. They’re still counting. They have over a billion people. A lot of people don’t know that. With a ‘B’. We were much, much better when I got involved because we don’t have a billion people, but we have lot, almost as many. And I never said only 15 people would die. That’s fake news. I didn’t allow Chinese in for a long, long time, which really, really helped our numbers. They’re great people, though, most of them, the Chinese and Orientals. They respect me very much.”

He always talks like this. Can you stop with your media-induced messiah complex?

This post was edited by EndlessSky on Apr 11 2020 09:08am
Apr 11 2020 09:11am
Quote (EndlessSky @ Apr 11 2020 08:08am)
He always talks like this. Can you stop with your media-induced messiah complex?

media-induced..??
LOL he can't even speak english.
1. Please decipher and let me know what he is trying to say.. I bet it takes bout 2 sentences at most.
2. Answer me something? What flavor of poison kool-aide would you choose on his behalf?

This post was edited by theCrossbones on Apr 11 2020 09:14am
Apr 11 2020 09:20am
Quote (theCrossbones @ 11 Apr 2020 17:11)
media-induced..??
1. Please decipher and let me know what he is trying to say.. I bet it takes bout 2 sentences at most.
2. Answer me something? What flavor of poison kool-aide would you choose on his behalf?

you are #fake news

literally every thing you perceive as flawed about him is just a media narrative.
objectively speaking, he's flawless.

wake up, sheep!!1!
Gold: 4,404.67
Apr 11 2020 09:30am
It's almost comical how so many people are still not able to treat 90% of Trump's speeches as white noise in 2020, how they are still not able to separate the core message from the bluster and rambling. It's not that hard...

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Apr 11 2020 09:30am
Apr 11 2020 09:36am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Apr 11 2020 08:30am)
It's almost comical how so many people are still not able to treat 90% of Trump's speeches as white noise in 2020, how they are still not able to separate the core message from the bluster and rambling. It's not that hard...

it's amazing and comical how many people have such a low bar for the pres.. The leader of the largest super power on the planet and his inability to even speak the English language and/or make a coherent point is completely acceptable.

This post was edited by theCrossbones on Apr 11 2020 09:37am
Gold: 2,617.52
Apr 11 2020 09:37am
Quote (theCrossbones @ Apr 11 2020 11:11am)
media-induced..??

That the response was adequate but not perfect, and that people should not worry because we are moving in the right direction.

Just let it go bro. You're not going to impeach him just because he doesn't talk like shakespeare.
Apr 11 2020 09:38am
i just love that defence: our president is such an ineffective and ignorant fool, that the only way to actually make sense of his messaging is to ignore the vast majority of it, and cherry pick the few things he might actually be right about, or that could make sense down the road, even though he directly contradicts them in the rest of his rants.

yeah, funny how his idiot followers haven't figured that out, and are about TWICE as ignorant about covid-19 for example as non-cultists (according to gallup).
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1314315316317318983Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll