d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Trump 2020 > Trump Vs. Pack O' Dems
Prev1312313314315316983Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 3.33
Apr 10 2020 02:36pm
Quote (Skinned @ Apr 10 2020 07:30pm)
He might be racist, and he might be orange. Who knows?

On the one hand, look at all the evidence that points to it. But on the other hand, some people have said the opposite. Let's now frame a 2 hour discussion on this like it's a 50-50 opinion based debate and not fact check anything in real time so those watching who aren't informed can leave with the most knowledge to make informed decisions on when they exercise their voting rights. That way, we'll end up with the most competent people occupying the top political positions in the country.
Gold: 285.00
Apr 10 2020 02:54pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Apr 10 2020 04:25pm)
the sad part is, while Trump is clearly racist, the "racist" label gets used so often that it's lost almost all of it's power.

liberals have overused it, just like conservatives over-apply labels like SJW.

arguing about whether trump is racist in 2020 is pretty dumb. you'd be better off grouping people who have a similar level of racism with him. because it's been used for everyone from Quentin Tarantino to David Duke. for everything from gratuitous use of the N word in movies to actually hanging black people.

i guess its just sad some people think saying "trump is a racist" does anything, that it moves any needles, or that it somehow hurts him. trump and his ilk are immune to the label, and liberals are to blame. at least liberals get immunity to labels as a nice trade.

Nah. Being a racist is so bad they edited it from Tiger King. They had big cat sex cults where they groomed young people into sex partners and use slave labor and racism was the deal breaker on the character.

This post was edited by Skinned on Apr 10 2020 02:56pm
Gold: 83.30
Apr 10 2020 02:57pm
Quote (Skinned @ Apr 10 2020 10:54pm)
Nah. Being a racist is so bad they edited it from Tiger King. They had big cat sex cults where they groomed young people into sex partners and use slave labor and racism was the deal breaker on the character.

That kinda weirded me out too.

Also the hate for Carole is so out of bounds compared to what that creep harem fuck and Joe have got.
Gold: 4,404.67
Apr 10 2020 03:07pm
Quote (Ghot @ 10 Apr 2020 22:34)
Need I say it? Trump 2020.

I think I speak for all of PaRD when I say: we are shocked and in disbelief. Who would have thought?

Quote (thesnipa @ 10 Apr 2020 22:25)
the sad part is, while Trump is clearly racist, the "racist" label gets used so often that it's lost almost all of it's power.

liberals have overused it, just like conservatives over-apply labels like SJW.

arguing about whether trump is racist in 2020 is pretty dumb. you'd be better off grouping people who have a similar level of racism with him. because it's been used for everyone from Quentin Tarantino to David Duke. for everything from gratuitous use of the N word in movies to actually hanging black people.

i guess its just sad some people think saying "trump is a racist" does anything, that it moves any needles, or that it somehow hurts him. trump and his ilk are immune to the label, and liberals are to blame. at least liberals get immunity to labels as a nice trade.

What I was saying in my previous post was not just me trying to duck away from an unproductive debate with fender - I think that differentiating between different forms and degrees of racism/racial resentment is actually important. A purely black and white approach (pun intended) doesnt do justice to the complexities of modern societies and the social fault lines that define them.

Liberals being too generous with the label "racist" isnt just harmful because it muddies the waters and makes it harder to sanction truly reprehensible actions and attitudes, it's also harmful because it shuts down a debate which, while painful, is important to be had so that society can eventually move forward. Employing an increasingly vast definition of racism, coupled with an increasingly rigid punishment for anyone who violates the thus defined corridor of permissible opinion is not the recipe for a more peaceful and less divided future - it is the recipe to end up with figures like Trump in power.

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Apr 10 2020 03:07pm
Gold: 10,485.00
Apr 10 2020 03:09pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Apr 10 2020 05:07pm)
I think I speak for all of PaRD when I say: we are shocked and in disbelief. Who would have thought?

Well, folks could always vote for Joe B.... (psst, what's my last name), instead. :/

Gold: 12,730.67
Apr 10 2020 03:15pm
Quote (Ghot @ Apr 10 2020 02:09pm)
Well, folks could always vote for Joe B.... (psst, what's my last name), instead. :/

I think Biden would be a superior president on most issues. My main concern is SCOTUS but I think the federal courts have been stacked enough where we don't need to worry that much. I think the problem with the GOP is that they don't stand for much anymore. I think the need a few elections off to "find themselves" again.
Gold: 260.11
Apr 10 2020 03:22pm
Quote (thundercock @ Apr 10 2020 04:15pm)
I think Biden would be a superior president on most issues. My main concern is SCOTUS but I think the federal courts have been stacked enough where we don't need to worry that much. I think the problem with the GOP is that they don't stand for much anymore. I think the need a few elections off to "find themselves" again.

They haven't been a substantive party in pretty much my whole life. What were they like before 2000?
Gold: 4,404.67
Apr 10 2020 03:23pm
Quote (thundercock @ 10 Apr 2020 23:15)

I would say that's the big question for the post-Trump era: will "Trumpism" become the new identity of the GOP, or will they try to go back to a Romney/Ryan-esque flavor of chamber-of-commerce-conservatism which is happy to cede all cultural and social issues to liberals as long as taxes arent raised? Trumpian "America first nationalism" would be a clearly defined political identity. Whether it has a future remains to be seen.
Gold: 14,569.69
Apr 10 2020 03:54pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Apr 10 2020 02:23pm)
I would say that's the big question for the post-Trump era: will "Trumpism" become the new identity of the GOP, or will they try to go back to a Romney/Ryan-esque flavor of chamber-of-commerce-conservatism which is happy to cede all cultural and social issues to liberals as long as taxes arent raised? Trumpian "America first nationalism" would be a clearly defined political identity. Whether it has a future remains to be seen.

I would first say we need some GOP people to actually admit there is a difference.
Gold: 10,485.00
Apr 10 2020 04:00pm

"Trumpism" isn't a "thing".

Trump was a complete breakaway from what all politicians have become, lately.
But... he did come in and even with all his faults, has done something no politician has done for decades at least. He did what he promised.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1312313314315316983Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll