d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Trump 2016 > Trump Vs Clinton
Prev1312131223123312431253169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 57.00
Jul 29 2019 08:36am
Quote (thesnipa @ 29 Jul 2019 10:33)
My taxes are lower and my 401k is up up up.

i hereby welcome myself to the rich and powerful.

i too am in this scenario. career progression also accelerated. rich and powerful we are
Gold: 2,504.69
Jul 29 2019 08:43am
Quote (excellence @ Jul 29 2019 09:36am)
i too am in this scenario. career progression also accelerated. rich and powerful we are

i just mourn for my poor plebian comrades who have died 16 times now since PRESIDENT Donald Trump took office. Only impeachment can honor their memory now.

This post was edited by thesnipa on Jul 29 2019 08:43am
Gold: 319.37
Jul 29 2019 08:45am
Quote (fender @ Jul 29 2019 10:30am)
if by 'america' you mean almost exclusively the rich and poweful, and to some degree those that happen to be white, you're right.

he wants that part of 'america' win so badly, that he openly encourages hostile foreign countries to help him with it, while ironically calling people who stand up for the hundreds of millions of average americans 'unpatriotic'.

it's so funny how some people are so blind to how trump is exploiting them, just because at some point in their lives they decided to be in 'team (R)', and everything their side does is therefore good by definition...

Who wins from crippling regulation, urban corruption, and unregulated immigration?

Trump is a poor man's version of the type of leader we need, but he is at least posing some of the right questions. We don't ever want to go back to the Clinton-Bush era.
Gold: 4,404.67
Jul 29 2019 08:52am
Quote (bogie160 @ 29 Jul 2019 16:45)
Who wins from crippling regulation, urban corruption, and unregulated immigration?

Trump is a poor man's version of the type of leader we need, but he is at least posing some of the right questions. We don't ever want to go back to the Clinton-Bush era.

It's still a risky strategy. Trump is causing to other side to go off the deep end, but he is erractic and divisive enough that he could still lose in 2020. So him pushing the Dems to become more and more radical left-wingers might cause them to self-destruct, but if things go wrong, he might instead cause the worst possible version of the Democratic party to come into power.

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Jul 29 2019 08:53am
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
Jul 29 2019 08:58am
"hey, i got some of the crumbs of the rich people's cake that blew a massive hole into the budget, that later generations will have to deal with! this anecdotal evidence clearly proves the cake was a good thing. also, as long as you don't literally die multiple times as a direct consequence of a specific policy, the person responsible can't be a shitty president whose main concerns are enriching himself and his millionaire buddies. i am very intelligent!"

Quote (bogie160 @ 29 Jul 2019 16:45)

who wins from securing the financial markets and have the incredibly profitable fossil fuel industry do the bare minimum to protect the environment? so difficult to figure out, i guess it has to be no one.
the 'crippling regulation' talking point is just that, it's propaganda, an idea that has been mercilessly pushed on people too stupid or too loyal to critically think about it - just like the 'unregulated immigration' narrative. it was never the case, and no one actually supported it.
Gold: 57.00
Jul 29 2019 09:00am
Quote (thesnipa @ 29 Jul 2019 10:43)
i just mourn for my poor plebian comrades who have died 16 times now since PRESIDENT Donald Trump took office. Only impeachment can honor their memory now.

great post my friend! i am just glad i do not have to be a plebian who dies from things like tax cuts and trade agreements and stock markets anymore and instead am rich and powerful. thanks President Trump!
Gold: 319.37
Jul 29 2019 09:54am
Quote (fender @ Jul 29 2019 10:58am)
"hey, i got some of the crumbs of the rich people's cake that blew a massive hole into the budget, that later generations will have to deal with! this anecdotal evidence clearly proves the cake was a good thing. also, as long as you don't literally die multiple times as a direct consequence of a specific policy, the person responsible can't be a shitty president whose main concerns are enriching himself and his millionaire buddies. i am very intelligent!"

who wins from securing the financial markets and have the incredibly profitable fossil fuel industry do the bare minimum to protect the environment? so difficult to figure out, i guess it has to be no one.
the 'crippling regulation' talking point is just that, it's propaganda, an idea that has been mercilessly pushed on people too stupid or too loyal to critically think about it - just like the 'unregulated immigration' narrative. it was never the case, and no one actually supported it.

Decriminalization of border entry is now a mainstream Democratic talking point. Deportation of those court ordered to leave is described as "inhumane".

This is the definition of unregulated immigration. Catch and release, but preferably don't catch at all, and never deport those here illegally.

This post was edited by bogie160 on Jul 29 2019 09:54am
Gold: 0.00
Jul 29 2019 10:07am
Quote (excellence @ Jul 29 2019 09:36am)

don8
Gold: 4,404.67
Jul 29 2019 10:36am
Quote (fender @ 29 Jul 2019 16:58)
, it's propaganda, an idea that has been mercilessly pushed on people too stupid or too loyal to critically think about it - just like the 'unregulated immigration' narrative. it was never the case, and no one actually supported it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2019/07/06/trump-era-politics-are-drowning-out-consensus-immigration-its-time-some-straight-talk/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.0bde8622d9e1

Jeh Johnson, a Democrat who was the United States Secretary of Homeland Security under President Obama from 2013 to 2017, calls the current Democratic proposals "effectively open borders":

we cannot, as some Democratic candidates for president now propose, publicly embrace a policy to not deport those who enter or remain in this country illegally unless they commit a crime. This is tantamount to a public declaration (repeated and amplified by smugglers in Central America) that our borders are effectively open to all; this will increase the recent levels of monthly apprehensions at our Southern border — about or more than 100,000 — by multiples. For the same reason, we cannot formally decriminalize unauthorized entry into this country, though first-time illegal border crossers are in fact rarely prosecuted for that misdemeanor (except for last year’s disastrous “zero-tolerance” policy).

But hey, I guess Obama's Homeland Security secretary also just fell victim to the """narrative""" of unregulated immigration, which was never the case, was never actually supported by anyone and was just mercilessly pushed on stupid and uncritical people?!
Gold: 2,504.69
Jul 29 2019 10:47am
Quote (fender @ Jul 29 2019 09:58am)

lolwut

DIAZ-BALART: We had a very spirited debate on this stage last night on the topic of decriminalization of the border. If–if you would be so kind raise your hand if you think it should be a civil offense rather than a crime to cross the border without documentation? Can we keep the hands up so we can see them?

only a few kept their hands down. the majority of the 2020 candidates support decriminalizing undocumented border crossing.

any line you put between decriminalization and open borders is semantic and spurious.

the idea that an immigrant can enter the country, receive a ticket for civil forfeiture, and then be released into the country is "Open borders" in political rhetoric. the literal idea of open borders is afaik not existent anywhere on earth, and is clearly not what the rhetoric points to.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1312131223123312431253169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll