d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Trump 2016 > Trump Vs Clinton
Prev1311831193120312131223169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 10,485.00
Jul 27 2019 08:57am
U.S. Supreme Court lets Trump use disputed funds for border wall

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-court-wall/u-s-supreme-court-lets-trump-use-disputed-funds-for-border-wall-idUSKCN1UL2S7

Yeah, I see the other articles and the discussion of them. Here is maybe another, probably less biased version.

After Trump threat, Guatemala signs immigration asylum deal <--- unedited video

https://www.reuters.com/video/2019/07/26/after-trump-threat-guatemala-signs-immig?videoId=579671929&videoChannel=1003

The United States and Guatemala signed a so-called safe third country immigration asylum agreement on Friday just days after U.S. President Donald Trump threatened to impose tariffs on the Central American country if it did not agree to the deal. Rough Cut (no reporter narration).

Looks like Trump has finally managed to pull the third-safe country thing off as well. Maybe Mexico will follow. Ofc, there is now another suit, by, you guessed it... California, saying that the third-safe-country rule is NOT valid under current immigration law's wording. This ofc, is yet another spurious suit, and will probably also be shot down by the Supreme Court.

I'm kind of amazed that the "people" of the US have put up with this.. California and New York as well, holding the US Presidency, hostage with these far too numerous lawsuits. I'd be willing to bet that once the American public learn just how much all these suits are costing them in tax dollars, they will get predictably angry.

On the bright side... little by little, Trump is coming through on the rest of his campaign promises. Folks still may not "like" Trump, but he IS doing his job.

This post was edited by Ghot on Jul 27 2019 08:59am
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
Jul 27 2019 09:13am
Quote (Ghot @ 27 Jul 2019 16:57)
he IS doing his job.

so according to you, his 'job' is massive executive overreach, to partially fund provably ineffective measures to address mischaracterised issues, because he couldn't keep the ACTUAL promises (wall / mexico pays) he made during his campaign? that's quite the high standard you hold him to...
Gold: 260.11
Jul 27 2019 09:17am
Quote (Skinned @ Jul 27 2019 09:16am)
And you think human driven pollution since the beginning of the industrial revolution isn't a serious problem?

There are a ton of ways we are impacted by industrial waste and technological byproducts that hurt our economy and our health. Putting printed money over the natural environment is as nihilistic as it gets Bogie.

Nothing you listed is more imminent than anything I've listed. Neither are imminent threats. I'm not minimizing either or saying that there's not a crisis. But we are not under attack either. They are not attacking home depot they are standing outside of it. Is they are arrested and put in a concentration camp they go with the majority of prisoners in the United States that have not been convicted of a crime.

When these people come to the hospital it's written office charity it doesn't cost the taxpayers anything. They're not eligible for medicaid or medicare. They aren't eligible for SNAP or other public assistance programs. Don't only help they get is from the Christian church more or less. Thank God the Christian's haven't turned on the immigrants, outside evangelicals who are more of a cult.

Dont forget that plenty of immigrants pay taxes under fake identities so they can work and cant collect benefits.

And dont forget that in terms of dollars spent per dollar given immigrants have a huge leg up since they didnt eat 18 years of public schooling and services before entering the workforce.
Gold: 10,485.00
Jul 27 2019 09:21am
Quote (fender @ Jul 27 2019 11:13am)
so according to you, his 'job' is massive executive overreach, to partially fund provably ineffective measures to address mischaracterised issues, because he couldn't keep the ACTUAL promises (wall / mexico pays) he made during his campaign? that's quite the high standard you hold him to...

The only "massive overreach" being carried out in this country is being done by the lower courts, as I sated fairly clearly. The Supreme Court seems to agree, as the pretty much have on ALL these immigration issues.

Two days ago, I think, I posted another article in European Union News, where Germany and France are deciding the "allocation" for the rest of the EU in immigrants/refugees. Guess you don't see the parallel.
Gold: 4,404.67
Jul 27 2019 09:38am
Quote (fender @ 27 Jul 2019 15:07)
that's the thing though, this whole 'we're losing control over it, and therefore it's an emergency' narrative is not backed by any facts or serious arguments. trump has 'worked' hard to CREATE an emergency situation, his policies HAVE increased the pressure on the border to a certain degree

You're stuck with the talking points of the Democrats from half a year ago, the ones which reality has proven wrong since then.

if something like this is encouraged by the supreme court, it will be the easiest thing in the world to make a significantly more convincing argument for climate change being a real emergency, and it's not even close...

if you say so. time will tell. remind me in 2025, when Trump is out of office and his presumably Democratic successor brings this argument in front of the Supreme Court. then, and only then will we see which one of us was right. ;)

Quote (Skinned @ 27 Jul 2019 16:16)
When these people come to the hospital it's written office charity it doesn't cost the taxpayers anything. They're not eligible for medicaid or medicare. They aren't eligible for SNAP or other public assistance programs. Don't only help they get is from the Christian church more or less. Thank God the Christian's haven't turned on the immigrants, outside evangelicals who are more of a cult.

Lol. In emergency cases, hospitals cant turn away anyone, they have to treat them. And those cases are causing a big chunk of hospitals' overall expenditures. When the person has no insurance, the hospital has to shoulder the costs of the treatment by itself, which means that it has to charge more from the regular patients with insurance/medicaid etc to make back the lost money. The big majority of US hospitals arent swimming in money, they are scraping by. Just look at the trouble in a lot of rural places where the only hospital in god knows how many miles is on the verge of shutting down.

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Jul 27 2019 09:38am
Gold: 285.00
Jul 27 2019 09:51am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Jul 27 2019 11:38am)
Lol. In emergency cases, hospitals cant turn away anyone, they have to treat them. And those cases are causing a big chunk of hospitals' overall expenditures. When the person has no insurance, the hospital has to shoulder the costs of the treatment by itself, which means that it has to charge more from the regular patients with insurance/medicaid etc to make back the lost money. The big majority of US hospitals arent swimming in money, they are scraping by. Just look at the trouble in a lot of rural places where the only hospital in god knows how many miles is on the verge of shutting down.

They get better care than people with health insurance because we treat them completely through financial aide, while people with commercial health insurance like Anthem, Humana, UnitedHealthcare will insist that we discharge before the hospitalization is complete or send the patient the remainder of the bill to the customer uncovered by benefits. I know this because I'm utilization review and I'm the guy that calls and fights for days with commercial insurances and they love to deny deny deny lol. Since we are nonprofit we do a good job of just eating the costs instead of sending people big bills for several thousand dollars a day.

Commercial health insurance companies are deplorable. My favorite is when they schedule the last covered hospital day for a hospitalization on a Friday and schedule the insurance review for Monday and then deny the weekend :) Medical Mutual does this all the time if any of you guys have it.
Jul 27 2019 10:01am
Quote (Skinned @ 27 Jul 2019 17:51)
They get better care than people with health insurance because we treat them completely through financial aide, while people with commercial health insurance like Anthem, Humana, UnitedHealthcare will insist that we discharge before the hospitalization is complete or send the patient the remainder of the bill to the customer uncovered by benefits. I know this because I'm utilization review and I'm the guy that calls and fights for days with commercial insurances and they love to deny deny deny lol. Since we are nonprofit we do a good job of just eating the costs instead of sending people big bills for several thousand dollars a day.

Commercial health insurance companies are deplorable. My favorite is when they schedule the last covered hospital day for a hospitalization on a Friday and schedule the insurance review for Monday and then deny the weekend :) Medical Mutual does this all the time if any of you guys have it.

Oh, dont get me wrong, I totally agree that insurance and pharma companies are the scum of the earth. ;)
Gold: 285.00
Jul 27 2019 02:10pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Jul 27 2019 12:01pm)
Oh, dont get me wrong, I totally agree that insurance and pharma companies are the scum of the earth. ;)

I casually refer to them as the great satan during recorded calls I know get reviewed. I hope I cause of many eyerolls.
Gold: 21.93
Jul 27 2019 08:13pm
There is a push here to get rid of private health.
Jul 27 2019 08:36pm
Quote (Plaguefear @ 28 Jul 2019 04:13)
There is a push here to get rid of private health.

Personally, I'm not a fan of single payer systems where everything is nationalized and there is no more competition.

Putting private health insurance companies, as well as big pharma, on a short leash is the best approach imho.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1311831193120312131223169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll