d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > How To Get To Heaven When You Die
Prev1310311312313314487Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 2,075.69
Aug 30 2022 12:39pm
Quote (ferdia @ Aug 30 2022 04:36am)
afaik its estimated the earth is 4.5 billion years of age. to my mind thats proof that god is either lazy (before he got around to creating mankind), or does not exist.

everyone is free to their own opinions and beliefs and its normal in backward societies around the world to believe in otherworldly deities. and yes, by this i mean all societies are still backwards. While this can be considered a failing of our species I would not deem it a failure of society but rather a product of our current level of mental strength / comprehension.

consider this

Abrahamic perspective: God created the universe in an instant from nothing

Scientific perspective: The universe was created from a singularity (i.e. nothing) in an instant (the big bang theory)

The religious perspective came thousands of years before science caught up.

This proves that God is indeed real.
Gold: 0.69
Warn: 10%
Aug 30 2022 12:53pm
Quote (FantasyWorldII @ Aug 30 2022 01:29am)
evidently not because you believe earth it what? 5000 years old? :bonk:

I have never made that argument. what your doing is called a strawman. It is a logical fallacy. Its an admission on your part that you have lost the argument. :)

Quote (ferdia @ Aug 30 2022 04:36am)
afaik its estimated the earth is 4.5 billion years of age. to my mind thats proof that god is either lazy (before he got around to creating mankind), or does not exist.

everyone is free to their own opinions and beliefs and its normal in backward societies around the world to believe in otherworldly deities. and yes, by this i mean all societies are still backwards. While this can be considered a failing of our species I would not deem it a failure of society but rather a product of our current level of mental strength / comprehension.

to make things simple. to date the place first you would have to know the original conditions of what your dating. assumptions are made to get that date. In other word "they making chit up". what I am saying it the age of the place in unknowable.

then the big pain come with simulation hypothesis and that is from the institution of science. how quickly the super duper "scientific" atheist/antitheists dismiss science and reason when it conflicts with their woo woo religion. what I am saying is atheists/antitheists are the biggest woo woo religious nutters there is.

Quote (lodd222 @ Aug 30 2022 08:01am)
you're quoting a script as a rebuttle that replaces your own autonomy. the bible would call what you just did "dead via a dead letter" rather than a living personal testimony.

you are both alike, unbelievers.

check this out, you ever seen anything like it?
Zombie Bugs. Dead, but Animated by Fungus
https://www.bitchute.com/video/NEhjzTeKT7Vq/

Aug 30 2022 12:57pm
Quote (El1te @ Aug 30 2022 11:39am)
consider this

Scientific perspective: The universe was created from a singularity (i.e. nothing) in an instant (the big bang theory)

:) in the beginning there was nothing, ......... absolutely nothing, ...........then it exploded.
Gold: 46,979.00
Aug 30 2022 12:58pm
Quote (El1te @ Aug 30 2022 07:39pm)
consider this

whats your defination of God, is he, she, it, sentient, i.e. self aware ? a mind ?

This post was edited by ferdia on Aug 30 2022 01:02pm
Gold: 80,771.69
Aug 30 2022 01:01pm
Quote (TiStuff @ Aug 30 2022 11:53am)
I have never made that argument. what your doing is called a strawman. It is a logical fallacy. Its an admission on your part that you have lost the argument. :)

to make things simple. to date the place first you would have to know the original conditions of what your dating. assumptions are made to get that date. In other word "they making chit up". what I am saying it the age of the place in unknowable.

then the big pain come with simulation hypothesis and that is from the institution of science. how quickly the super duper "scientific" atheist/antitheists dismiss science and reason when it conflicts with their woo woo religion. what I am saying is atheists/antitheists are the biggest woo woo religious nutters there is.

Aug 30 2022 02:05pm
Quote (ferdia @ Aug 30 2022 11:58am)
whats your defination of God, is he, she, it, sentient, i.e. self aware ? a mind ?

God is Everything and Everything is God - He is usually personified as 'He' only because we have no other way to describe it and humans are made in His image so the idea is that our human form is His chosen form

My personal belief is that God is both Transcendent and Immanent

We cannot even begin to comprehend a physical form of God. He is above our level of knowledge, essentially. He is an idea, a feeling, the origin of the transcendent moral good.

This post was edited by El1te on Aug 30 2022 02:07pm
Aug 30 2022 02:22pm
Think of God as such:

First start with a thought experiment: Does Fear exist? Does Love exist?

We can both probably agree with the answer of 'yes' to each proposal.

But: What is fear? is fear a man, a woman, sentient, or self-aware?

We can easily say no to all these questions. Fear does not have a physical form, sentience, or any kind of material explanation.

We can both probably agree that fear and love are emotions.

This is why if you look at old-school polytheism, the Gods all represented some form of emotion or other intangible idea - like Janus, the God of "new beginnings" or "open doors" in Rome, who represents uncertainty in a sense. (January is named after Janus, the first month of the year). So, if you practiced Roman polytheism, you might pray to Janus before starting a new job (a new beginning)

Then there is Mars, the God of War (representing the emotion of Anger or Wrath)

The monotheistic God is all emotion, feeling, and transcendent truth rolled together into a singularity.
Gold: 136.00
Aug 30 2022 04:49pm
Quote (TiStuff @ 31 Aug 2022 04:53)

You believe the bible therefore you think earth is 5k years old. Correct me if you don't believe in what bible says ;)
Aug 30 2022 05:00pm
Quote (FantasyWorldII @ Aug 30 2022 03:49pm)
You believe the bible therefore you think earth is 5k years old. Correct me if you don't believe in what bible says ;)

you dont know what the bible says........ thats whats so sad about atheist/antitheists they claim to be the pinnacle of "evolution" yet fall so short of any reasonable standards.
Gold: 136.00
Aug 30 2022 05:01pm
Quote (TiStuff @ 31 Aug 2022 09:00)
you dont know what the bible says........ thats whats so sad about atheist/antitheists they claim to be the pinnacle of "evolution" yet fall so short of any reasonable standards.

So teach us. According to bible, how old is earth?
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1310311312313314487Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll