d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > How To Get To Heaven When You Die
Prev1303132333435Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Retired Moderator
Gold: 848.00
Trader: Trusted
Sep 26 2014 07:56am
Quote (IceMage @ 26 Sep 2014 10:54)
Everything Jesus said was a metaphor for some type of weird, universalist, reincarnation type of Christianity.  Okay.jpg

know the truth and the truth shall make you free.
is a matter of deep study :thumbsup:
Gold: 5,016.77
Sep 26 2014 07:56am
Quote (Scaly @ Sep 26 2014 08:54am)
It's not. It's bullshit. It's preachy mystic hokum. It's complete and utter codswallop and the only reason mods haven't closed it is because it's christian. It's discriminatory bullshit.

Hey pal.... you think every religion is preachy mystic hokum, but guess what.... this is a religious discussion forum. Get over it.
Gold: 0.00
Sep 26 2014 07:58am
Quote (IceMage @ 26 Sep 2014 13:56)
Hey pal.... you think every religion is preachy mystic hokum, but guess what.... this is a religious discussion forum.  Get over it.

This thread is specifically against the PaRD rules. In two ways in fact.

I'm not talking about the religion. I'm talking about this thread. It's not a discussion about religion - it's OP preaching. That's it. This is a religious discussion forum... not a church.

Also OP is just a spammer. He copied his OP from another website and along with a bunch of other spammers has spammed it all over the internet.

Legit topic? My arse.

This post was edited by Scaly on Sep 26 2014 08:03am
Sep 26 2014 08:06am
Quote (Scaly @ Sep 26 2014 08:58am)
This thread is specifically against the PaRD rules. In two ways in fact.

I'm not talking about the religion. I'm talking about this thread. It's not a discussion about religion - it's OP preaching. That's it. This is a religious discussion forum... not a church.

Also OP is just a spammer. He copied his OP from another website and along with a bunch of other spammers has spammed it all over the internet.

Legit topic? My arse.

Yet Frodo keeps coming back to reply to posts, as do other Christians. That's why the thread has made it 13 pages. Your thread was not legitimate because it was clearly not a serious discussion thread.
Sep 26 2014 08:12am
Quote (IceMage @ 26 Sep 2014 14:06)
Yet Frodo keeps coming back to reply to posts, as do other Christians.  That's why the thread has made it 13 pages.  Your thread was not legitimate because it was clearly not a serious discussion thread.

If he wants to preach only to christians then this whole thread should be moved to the Christian Fellowship. This is an open discussion forum. The Fellowship is for preaching and christian circle-jerks.
Gold: 277,740.50
Sep 26 2014 08:12am

Quote (IceMage @ Sep 26 2014 09:54am)
Everything Jesus said was a metaphor for some type of weird, universalist, reincarnation type of Christianity.  Okay.jpg

There is only one type of Christianity, and its all about Jesus.

Quote (El Shadday @ Sep 26 2014 09:53am)
all this is a metaphor created by man to keep under control the religions that imposes the law of fear.
does not exist.
is illogical, irrational and contradictory to the teachings of Jesus.

however, we have to respect the opinions of people who prefer to believe this information.

many still live in the darkness of ignorance, however one day there will wake up to all this. :hug:

You maybe too good, i prefer denounce it.

Gold: 0.76
Sep 26 2014 09:57am
Before I lost my faith in religion/Gods I was a minister of a Methodist church, not a big one,about 50ish attending members.

I think there have been some misconceptions about the Grace message, which was one of my favorite yet most troubling sermons

Through the Blood of the new covenant brought by Jesus's death and rising. Grace has been given to everyone freely He (Jesus, God incarnate) has taken our burden of sin.

and all one needs to to is accept that gift to be washed clean. No amount of work, or good deeds, or tithing will get you in. Just accept the gift; Jesus, repent your sins, and love God.

now here was my problem we were told time and again how unworthy of the gift of grace we were, sinners one and all and how lucky we were to have Grace.

I had several people in my church that felt unworthy of that grace, and felt unable to overcome the sins they had lived with some for many years.

Sermon after sermon I would preach on how we sinners were so lucky to have Christ die for us, and these poor people felt as though He had died in vain for them.

what was I doing to them but torment? there was no comfort, no peace..

I thought about my own children and the unconditional love I have for them,

and how messed up they would be if I told them day after day; " I love you,..you don't deserve it but I love you anyway"
Sep 26 2014 10:50am
Quote (2sexy4u @ Sep 26 2014 09:12am)
There is only one type of Christianity, and its all about Jesus.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Christian_denominations

Any other retarded statements, marshmallow?
Gold: 7,252.72
Sep 26 2014 11:10am
Quote (Valhalls_Sun @ Sep 26 2014 11:57am)
Before I lost my faith in religion/Gods I was a minister of a Methodist church, not a big one,about 50ish attending members.

I think there have been some misconceptions about the Grace message, which was one of my favorite yet most troubling sermons

Through the Blood of the new covenant brought by Jesus's death and rising. Grace has been given to everyone freely He (Jesus, God incarnate) has taken our burden of sin.

and all one needs to to is accept that gift to be washed clean. No amount of work, or good deeds, or tithing will get you in. Just accept the gift; Jesus, repent your sins, and love God.

now here was my problem we were told time and again how unworthy of the gift of grace we were, sinners one and all and how lucky we were to have Grace.

I had several people in my church that felt unworthy of that grace, and felt unable to overcome the sins they had lived with some for many years.

Sermon after sermon I would preach on how we sinners were so lucky to have Christ die for us, and these poor people felt as though He had died in vain for them.

what was I doing to them but torment? there was no comfort, no peace..

I thought about my own children and the unconditional love I have for them,

and how messed up they would be if I told them day after day; " I love you,..you don't deserve it but I love you anyway"

...what you failed to do was impart to them the understanding of forgiveness and it is for the best you are no longer teaching .
Sep 26 2014 11:12am
Quote (WidowMaKer_MK @ 26 Sep 2014 17:10)
...what you failed to do was impart to them the understanding of forgiveness and it is for the best you are no longer teaching .

Maybe you should start a church?
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1303132333435Next
Closed New Topic New Poll