d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > How To Get To Heaven When You Die
Prev1303132333479Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 119,903.34
May 22 2012 08:43am
Quote (Krypto @ May 22 2012 10:41am)
Hey look. He just disproved religion in 3 lines when humankind is debating over this subject for the past 2000 years. What a genius!

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/8837/facepalmq.gif

I don't believe in God either. But there's a reason why religion is still around... science hasn't prove their point with 100% certainty. It's still just theory.

So stop being a jackass even if it's going to be difficult in your case, obviously.

Should learn how science works before you start arguing the validity of science and what its purpose is.
Gold: 186.16
May 24 2012 07:28pm
1Co 2:9 But as it is written: Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, Nor have entered into the heart of man The things which God has prepared for those who love Him."
Isa 64:4
Gold: 2.00
May 24 2012 09:55pm
I am not going to read all 32 pages of this resurrected thread, but I did read the op. I would like to know whether you believe people who recited the prayer, and meant it, but then sin, as apparently is our nature, still go to hell. The post seems to imply no. Are you supposed to be constantly repentant? This would prohibit all other thought/ action. Should we be sentencing ourselves to ascetic, dullard, death?

Does accepting this (redemption) as an absolute, and then continuing to progress, keep you on the path to acceptance?
It seems like an easy way out.

/sry for any typos. On my phone

This post was edited by wheniwassevenishotacheetah on May 24 2012 09:57pm
Gold: 7,541.28
May 24 2012 10:38pm
no pray should stay same for all have their own voice and knowledge of god ...he don't want a bunch of brainless robots ..pray what is in your heart not words that programmed into your beautiful brains...if there is a god he wants hear truth from you not some magical set of words Paul wrote..
a wata heia
May 29 2012 09:44am
Quote (wheniwassevenishotacheetah @ May 25 2012 03:55am)
I am not going to read all 32 pages of this resurrected thread, but I did read the op. I would like to know whether you believe people who recited the prayer, and meant it, but then sin, as apparently is our nature, still go to hell. The post seems to imply no. Are you supposed to be constantly repentant? This would prohibit all other thought/ action. Should we be sentencing ourselves to ascetic, dullard, death?

Does accepting this (redemption) as an absolute, and then continuing to progress, keep you on the path to acceptance?
It seems like an easy way out.

/sry for any typos. On my phone

If you place your faith in Jesus Christ, turning from your sin in your heart and mind and believe that He died on the cross and rose from the dead to pay for your sins, you will be saved. If you sin you are still saved, but you need to repent to God in order to keep in right fellowship with Him, but yoiur soul is still saved. I can't see a true child of God intentionally and joyfully sinning and not caring. You will have grief about it because God will not allow a true child of His sin without being convicted.

The only thing that keeps you is faith in Him. He is the one who will bring the progress in your life. Let go of everything else, give your life to Jesus and believe in your heart that He died on the cross and rose from the dead for your sins.

See, when He died and rose from the dead, what that actually was is Him paying for your sins. He offers this payment to you as a gift. All He asks is that you place your faith in Him and believe it.

Then, once you are saved, you are a child of God and need to read His word, the Bible, pray and repent of your sins daily. Go to church. Apply His word to your life. These things we do, not so that we can be saved, but rather because we are already saved.

Eph 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them. {ordained: or, prepared}
May 31 2012 06:08pm
Please vote in the poll.
Gold: 1,275.00
May 31 2012 07:33pm
Quote (xfrodobagginsx @ May 29 2012 08:44am)
The only thing that keeps you is faith in Him.  He is the one who will bring the progress in your life.  Let go of everything else, give your life to Jesus and believe in your heart that He died on the cross and rose from the dead for your sins. 

See, when He died and rose from the dead, what that actually was is Him paying for your sins.  He offers this payment to you as a gift.  All He asks is that you place your faith in Him and believe it.

Well this is interesting... why do you believe this? Because it sounds like a load of crap. I'm curious as to why you believe a load of crap?
Gold: 2,385.57
Jun 1 2012 12:25pm
If you believe in Heaven, you don't need to know any "tricks" to get in. You know If you're getting in or not. The important message is to be a decent and compassionate human being.
You don't need a holy book to tell you what to do; people know objectively what it takes to be a good person. Are you being the best kind of person that you can be? Are you contributing to loving the world? or are you stepping on everyone else to better yourself? If God is looking down and judging you, he isn't looking for perfection, he's looking for effort and sincerity.
Gold: 8.00
Jun 1 2012 12:26pm
i just don't worry about made up places
Gold: 2,385.57
Jun 1 2012 12:31pm
Quote (Barr @ Jun 1 2012 02:26pm)
i just don't worry about made up places

You're actions shouldn't be because of a reward when you die. You reap the rewards of your actions every day.
Be a shitty person, live a shitty life, be a good person and you'll enjoy your life
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1303132333479Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll