d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Black On White Hate Crime > Caught On Video
Prev1303132333444Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 678.00
Apr 26 2011 01:32pm
Quote (njaguar @ 26 Apr 2011 20:26)
I think many people have clearly articulated most of those reasons. What is the reason you want to push this agenda of unisex bathrooms so heavily? (Insert ad-hominim about lack of opposite sex exposure here)

The only arguments I've seen so far, is the possibilty of sexual offenders that might prey on unsuspecting children.

There is no reason to assume that there would be more instances of sexual offences as a direct result of having and using unisex bathrooms. If you think there are, plainly state them.

As I've said before, I don't necessarily want or need unisex bathrooms. I just think that being against them is prudish and based purely on emotional/religious reasons.
Admin
Gold: 16,845.00
Trader: Trusted
Apr 26 2011 01:34pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ 26 Apr 2011 14:28)
1.  I can't fit under the spaces in bathroom stalls.  My 2 year old goes in there and locks the door I'm screwed either way.

2.  Cite me statistics that show there would be any sexual assault issues as a direct result of such bathrooms.  At this point I have given more information than you on the risk.  Your turn to refute.

3.  This is completely irrelevant.  I have already shown why your argument is a fallacy.  What you posted was basically just bashing liberal ideas which may or may not have been bad.  We are not working under a specific ideology here.  We are discussing an idea.  Leave your comments about liberals at the door.

Way to dodge every point entirely. I consider that your acceptance of defeat. You did not answer #1, #2, or #3. (1- you can get someone to crawl under the stall, if you're too overweight to do so yourself, I've never been to a bathroom that I couldn't fit under or over, and you dodged the medical issues situation, 2- check your local news or police records for sexual assault records, 3- the minority is not always right, this is a non-argument. There are minorities for everything under the sun, ranging from pedophilia (once a majority in some societies), to putting sterilants in drinking water to manage population control, etc.)

Thanks for the fun, but everything has already been stated, and you're adding nothing further to this conversation, other than red herrings.
Gold: 42.08
Apr 26 2011 01:35pm
Quote (WidowMaKer_MK @ Apr 26 2011 07:31pm)
A mans perception of the adequacy of his penis is not based on it's comparative size to peers or even feedback from his lovers or accepted norms but very often on first impressions made in childhood .

Most likely as an adolescent you saw a male adult relative urinating and the perspective of his vs. yours , adult vs. adolescent , became implanted in your subconscious .

If ChantDownBabylon made fun of your dick size you would definitely be left with a feeling of inadequacy.

Gold: 7,252.72
Apr 26 2011 01:35pm
Quote (TacoBell @ Apr 26 2011 03:32pm)
Which is probably why you advocate little boys peeing next to grown men and staring at their peepee.

...do you really think this type of childish nonsense is appropriate or bothers me in the least ?
Gold: 42.08
Apr 26 2011 01:36pm
Quote (njaguar @ Apr 26 2011 07:34pm)
Way to dodge every point entirely. I consider that your acceptance of defeat. You did not answer #1, #2, or #3. (1- you can get someone to crawl under the stall, if you're too overweight to do so yourself, I've never been to a bathroom that I couldn't fit under or over, and you dodged the medical issues situation, 2- check your local news or police records for sexual assault records, 3- the minority is not always right, this is a non-argument. There are minorities for everything under the sun, ranging from pedophilia (once a majority in some societies), to putting sterilants in drinking water to manage population control, etc.)

Thanks for the fun, but everything has already been stated, and you're adding nothing further to this conversation, other than red herrings.

Actually he's right, the burden of proof is on you. If you're making the claim you have to provide the evidence to back it up.

This post was edited by Rhamax on Apr 26 2011 01:36pm
Admin
Quote (hATemOnkEy @ 26 Apr 2011 14:29)
1. 'Something might go wrong, so we prohibit it. Problem solved'.

2. You make the positive claim that there would be more instances of sexual assault. The burden of proof lies with you.

3. Everyone can be wrong or right, regardless of political affliation. What you are forgetting here is WHAT IS YOUR REASON FOR BELIEVING THAT THERE IS AN INCREASED RISK TO A CHILD IN A UNISEX BATHROOM IN CONTRAST TO A GENDERSPECIFIC BATHROOM?

1) Safety is of utmost concern, or businesses will be sued. This is fact.
2) All it takes is one sexual assault, and that's technically more instances. If you want to take that bet, you're a greater fool than I thought.
3) See all previous posts on this matter. Just because you choose to ignore them does not make them any less valid, per your own words of "everyone can be wrong or right" (which I don't agree with in this case, but you said it, not me).

Quote (Rhamax @ 26 Apr 2011 14:36)
Actually he's right, the burden of proof is on you. If you making the claim you have to provide the evidence to back it up.

See #2 in this reply.
Quote (WidowMaKer_MK @ 26 Apr 2011 20:35)
...do you really think this type of childish nonsense is appropriate or bothers me in the least ?

As a response to your pseudopsychology, it is quite concise.
Admin
Apr 26 2011 01:39pm
Here you go, burden of proof on me that shared (unisex) bathrooms can be used for sexual assault:
http://kstp.com/news/stories/S1906502.shtml?cat=1

There's one, and google found many other articles with simple searches on "sexual assault family bathroom" (since unisex is not a term usually used by news media, and unisex bathrooms are quite rare, with family bathrooms are the closest thing to unisex bathrooms currently around)

Now your turn (though I probably won't read further replies, I'm beating a dead horse, and it's quite clear nothing will convince some of you to the obvious).
Gold: 7,252.72
Apr 26 2011 01:40pm
Quote (hATemOnkEy @ Apr 26 2011 03:36pm)
As a response to your pseudopsychology, it is quite concise.

My pseudo-psychology as you call it does not mean I should be subject to perverse slurs against my character .
Apr 26 2011 01:40pm
Quote (njaguar @ 26 Apr 2011 20:36)
1) Safety is of utmost concern, or businesses will be sued. This is fact.
2) All it takes is one sexual assault, and that's technically more instances. If you want to take that bet, you're a greater fool than I thought.
3) See all previous posts on this matter. Just because you choose to ignore them does not make them any less valid, per your own words of "everyone can be wrong or right" (which I don't agree with in this case, but you said it, not me).

1. Then prohibit everything.
2. Yeah. Fearmongering. Nice. "Won't somebody please think of the children". You have still not given statistics or numbers or even a reason as to why you believe the amount of sexuals offences would go up if unisex bathrooms were implemented.
3. I don't ignore your arguments. You haven't stated any except some increased (and vague) danger/harm to the child. You first have to give some arguments before I can ignore them. That's how it works. Also, would you mind forwarding me the email you sent to my boss? That way I can take a screenshot here, and show it to him tomorrow. You know as proof that you are a real person, and not me playing a joke on him. Thanks.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1303132333444Next
Closed New Topic New Poll