d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Trump 2016 > Trump Vs Clinton
Prev1304330443045304630473169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 0.00
Jul 2 2019 02:35pm
Quote (Ghot @ Jul 2 2019 04:24pm)
I meant as in an audit.

Congress does NOT have the authority to demand tax returns, unless it was evidence in an ongoing case. A legitimate case.

The only thing that will come out of this... "witch hunt" is ... 1984 in real life.

i feel like you havent read 1984
Gold: 2,504.69
Jul 2 2019 02:36pm
Quote (Ghot @ Jul 2 2019 02:24pm)
I meant as in an audit.

Congress does NOT have the authority to demand tax returns, unless it was evidence in an ongoing case. A legitimate case.

The only thing that will come out of this... "witch hunt" is ... 1984 in real life.

this is far from factual. the treasury "shall furnish" documents on request. when the law was written the treasury was hardly the executive body it is today. several hundred years of precedent later it's never really come up before. mainly because literally every presidential candidate in living memory has voluntarily given them over as a part of tradition, and previous to that what a person paid in taxes wasn't an issue.

congress 100% has the right to ask, whether the treasury dept has the right to deny them is another issue that will likely be decided by the SCOTUS next year.

and this all could have been avoided if Trump didn't choose to be the first POTUS candidate in living memory that didn't voluntarily turn them over. Bernie took shit for having too high of an income and 2 houses, but he still posted his. i dont think Trump is hiding Russia shit in his taxes, he's hiding that he hasn't paid any and several takes advantage of writing off losses over several years.

Quote (joncomgree @ Jul 2 2019 02:35pm)
i feel like you havent read 1984

also this. honestly flippant authoritarian demands strike me more as an Animal Farm theme. this doesn't seem to ring of mass surveillance in any real way.

This post was edited by thesnipa on Jul 2 2019 02:37pm
Gold: 10,655.00
Jul 2 2019 02:39pm
In fact, why don't all you self proclasimed experts show me where it says that Congress is allowed to manufacture evidence, then use that evidence to acquire warrants, then use those warrants to force others to make untrue statements, so as to bring a case of... collusion/treason, w/e against someone who did nothing wrong.
A Congress that is allowed to ignore evidence that clearly finds illegalities occurring, collusion occurring, by someone who is no longer even being investigated.
The issue at this time is that Congress, aka, the House HAS to keep rolling with all this crap or admit guilt in quite a few occurrences in the past 8-10 years.

The best part is, that half of the US is too stupid to see what will come of this in the future. A govt. with zero checks and balances.

/e Yeah, I read 1984 before you folks were born. Maybe if you typed less and thought more you'd understand why I referenced 1984.

This post was edited by Ghot on Jul 2 2019 02:44pm
Gold: 57.00
Jul 2 2019 02:40pm
Quote (thesnipa @ 2 Jul 2019 16:36)
this is far from factual. the treasury "shall furnish" documents on request. when the law was written the treasury was hardly the executive body it is today. several hundred years of precedent later it's never really come up before. mainly because literally every presidential candidate in living memory has voluntarily given them over as a part of tradition, and previous to that what a person paid in taxes wasn't an issue.

congress 100% has the right to ask, whether the treasury dept has the right to deny them is another issue that will likely be decided by the SCOTUS next year.

and this all could have been avoided if Trump didn't choose to be the first POTUS candidate in living memory that didn't voluntarily turn them over. Bernie took shit for having too high of an income and 2 houses, but he still posted his. i dont think Trump is hiding Russia shit in his taxes, he's hiding that he hasn't paid any and several takes advantage of writing off losses over several years.

fairly sure this has been covered too, like in the late 80s/early 90s when he was making dumb move after dumb move. all the losses and carry forwards, to paying 10s of millions in taxes a year when he was back making bank. watch for President Trump provide them at a convenient time for him and not a moment sooner
Jul 2 2019 02:45pm
Quote (excellence @ Jul 2 2019 02:40pm)
fairly sure this has been covered too, like in the late 80s/early 90s when he was making dumb move after dumb move. all the losses and carry forwards, to paying 10s of millions in taxes a year when he was back making bank. watch for President Trump provide them at a convenient time for him and not a moment sooner

to be quite honest EVERY possibility has been covered for what could be in those returns. im not sure what is worth hiding.

if he paid 0$ in taxes, people will say he's a saavy businessmen. especially if it was due to business losses, they'll say well he's still a billionaire so even if he was crafty he didnt lose overall. (just to the stock market LOL)

im left confused. i dont think Trump has Russia shit in his taxes, and i dont know why he wont/didnt release them. is it like a sports illustrated model's tiny bikini? doesn't cover anything but the nipple and yet we all want to see just that last 1% of the boob? does it's unknown factual nature really affect the voting that much? maybe in 2016, but now? he should have released them full bore in 2017. he's gridlocked on legislation, approval is locked in a holding pattern. what's the loss? russia gate was an eventuality. and no russia shit in there. just odd...
Jul 2 2019 02:50pm

Wanna know what the Dems/left are doing, and why they are doing it?

It's pretty simple. Watch this hand (flashes hand about). Meanwhile the other hand takes your wallet.

I know some of you just like to argue, and that's as far as it goes. The rest of you...scare me. Because WE are the only ones that can put a stop to this, while we still HAVE a govt. of checks and balances.
Jul 2 2019 02:52pm
Quote (Ghot @ Jul 2 2019 02:50pm)

It's pretty simple. Watch this hand (flashes hand about). Meanwhile the other hand takes your wallet.

I know some of you just like to argue, and that's as far as it goes. The rest of you...scare me. Because WE are the only ones that can put a stop to this, while we still HAVE a govt. of checks and balances.

you said it's not legal.

then when i pointed out it may or may not be, you went straight to moral arguments that im not arguing against at all (that's called a strawman).

what is it? yesterday again?

for the 1000th time. if u want to have a "sky is falling" moral conversation dont start with a hacky understanding of legality. dont use words like legal, ever. there's on the top shelf and you're 5'3". nothing wrong with that, just stay in the slow lane.

This post was edited by thesnipa on Jul 2 2019 02:53pm
Gold: 28,296.70
Jul 2 2019 02:55pm
Quote (Ghot @ Jul 2 2019 01:50pm)

as a Trumper for life you should want those returns released

ain't shit gonna be in there both sides will hack all day and trump will easily survive it

Gold: 0.00
Jul 2 2019 02:57pm
Quote (Beowulf @ Jul 2 2019 04:55pm)
as a Trumper for life you should want those returns released

ain't shit gonna be in there both sides will hack all day and trump will easily survive it

he could even use it as a political tool to release near voting time to get a bolster in votes

e: "See! Witch hunt!"

This post was edited by joncomgree on Jul 2 2019 02:57pm
Jul 2 2019 02:57pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Jul 2 2019 04:52pm)
you said it's not legal.

then when i pointed out it may or may not be, you went straight to moral arguments that im not arguing against at all (that's called a strawman).

what is it? yesterday again?

for the 1000th time. if u want to have a "sky is falling" moral conversation dont start with a hacky understanding of legality. dont use words like legal, ever. there's on the top shelf and you're 5'3". nothing wrong with that, just stay in the slow lane.

Yeah, and it's still NOT legal. The have NO cause to ask for his returns. They are betting that they have flim flamed enough people so no stops and takes the time to notice that.
They are setting dangerous precedent here. The American people are letting them do it. Not because it's a good idea, but because they have been.... fooled.

/e As for the returns, my guess would be.... he's gonna wait till the Dems/left stretch their necks out past the point of no return, THEN release them.

This post was edited by Ghot on Jul 2 2019 02:58pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1304330443045304630473169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll