d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Trump 2016 > Trump Vs Clinton
Prev129303132333169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 20.31
Sep 7 2015 03:46am
Quote (ThatAlex @ Sep 6 2015 10:08pm)
Obama and Reagan are both second quartile presidents, but Reagan is a little bit closer to being a first quartile president than Obama at this point. You can compare the two because both are in the 12-20 range.

It's still really impossible to compare Obama to anyone since his presidency is ongoing. Most of the already-scarce surveys of historians and presidential scholars that have been conducted since 2009 have excluded him anyway and with good reason: it's practically pointless to lay down a marker in an ongoing presidency -- had someone tried in January they'd have missed several historic, legacy-defining victories (Iran, normalizing relations with Cuba, SSM) that other presidents would base their entire argument on but that have become par for the course for rapid-fire Obama. It's going to be really interesting to see what the scholars think about Obama's presidency when he moves out of the spotlight and becomes necessarily more-popular like they all do. He's definitely going to get the biography and character boosts and should easily hold his current standing of being a well-above-average president, but he could legitimately go down as the most accomplished modern president after time passes.

All the ingredients are there. The scholars rarely miss the unnoticed/unappreciated presidential feats that the general public almost always does, and there are a ton of policy victories lurking in Obama's record with a ton of room to grow. Stuff like credit card reform and student loan reform, those are the kinds of things that the scholars give high praise for because in 20-30 years when future presidents build on those and get their legacy-defining domestic accomplishments they're going to look back on who made it possible. Getting the banks out of the student loan process where they didn't belong and were totally unnecessary was a major, major accomplishment on its own.

This post was edited by Pollster on Sep 7 2015 03:55am
Gold: 9,039.20
Sep 7 2015 08:19am
Head to head Trump wins against every candidate, on either side of the fence.
Gold: 0.76
Sep 7 2015 08:36am
Quote (j0ltk0la @ 7 Sep 2015 09:19)

A completely unbiased judgement call
Gold: 285.00
Sep 7 2015 09:58am
Quote (j0ltk0la @ Sep 7 2015 09:19am)

Trump will feel the Bern.

#classwar2016
Gold: 20.31
Sep 7 2015 06:35pm
Quote (Pollster @ Sep 6 2015 12:59am)
SurveyUSA released a national G.E. poll that had Trump with small leads, with a party I.D. breakdown never seen before in modern political history.

What's the over/under on how many days until a hurr durr (or ten) exclaims that Trump is competitive in the general election now, or better yet is ahead?

Quote (j0ltk0la @ Sep 7 2015 07:19am)

One day. A single day. Really?
Gold: 14.88
Sep 7 2015 07:29pm
Quote (Skinned @ Sep 7 2015 07:58am)
Trump will feel the Bern.

#classwar2016

That's the strategy of the left. Bernie pits Americans against each other. Trump say we'll make America great again.
Gold: 285.00
Sep 7 2015 08:30pm
Quote (PlasmaSnake101 @ Sep 7 2015 08:29pm)
That's the strategy of the left. Bernie pits Americans against each other. Trump say we'll make America great again.

Meh, 99.9% vs. .1% isn't exactly a civil war. Libertarians believe that individuals can rely on the benevolence of paternal business firms who view individuals under their employ as just one factor of labor to manipulate and do with as they please. It is like to be a capitalist you have to immediately compromise treating people as people and not objects. And I do it too. If I'm at a restaurant, and a waitress is talking too much, I feel like "wtf, you're a waitress, refill my tea and gtfo" beyond pleasantries, which is shitty and a socialized trait. I think it is funny that in places I've been in Europe it is rude to ask people what they do, because what does it matter? In the US it is the first thing people ask each other and result in an insane amount of social calculations immediately.

Trump is pretty cool and I think he is pretty badass. I'm not going to disparage him because first off I don't have anything bad to say about him, and second, if I did have anything to say, I wouldn't say it, because he is one of those people who will actually retaliate against you for any perceived transgression. Plus I'm sure he has done a staggering amount of charity and philanthropy personally, and much good through taxes surrendered for social and economic programs as well.

This post was edited by Skinned on Sep 7 2015 08:32pm
Gold: 11,407.33
Sep 7 2015 08:39pm
Right you'll disparage libertarians with a ridiculous strawman but Trump, hes good in your book. :rolleyes:
Allowing people to voluntarily work together = treating people as objects and relying on benevolence? no.
Gold: 14.88
Sep 8 2015 02:39am
Quote (Skinned @ Sep 7 2015 06:30pm)
Meh, 99.9% vs. .1% isn't exactly a civil war. Libertarians believe that individuals can rely on the benevolence of paternal business firms who view individuals under their employ as just one factor of labor to manipulate and do with as they please. It is like to be a capitalist you have to immediately compromise treating people as people and not objects. And I do it too. If I'm at a restaurant, and a waitress is talking too much, I feel like "wtf, you're a waitress, refill my tea and gtfo" beyond pleasantries, which is shitty and a socialized trait. I think it is funny that in places I've been in Europe it is rude to ask people what they do, because what does it matter? In the US it is the first thing people ask each other and result in an insane amount of social calculations immediately.

Trump is pretty cool and I think he is pretty badass. I'm not going to disparage him because first off I don't have anything bad to say about him, and second, if I did have anything to say, I wouldn't say it, because he is one of those people who will actually retaliate against you for any perceived transgression. Plus I'm sure he has done a staggering amount of charity and philanthropy personally, and much good through taxes surrendered for social and economic programs as well.

I'm just saying, it's always Us vs Them rhetoric.

Trump targets either non-Americans or the douchebags in the media, people like that. Hell, I like that.

Sanders targets the crowds you're allowed to, rich whites. I like his stance on promoting unions and getting workers a fair share. But Sanders can't exist without Trump, you need trade regulation and restrictions on low wage labor numbers in order to enjoy a high standard of living.

Some of the cucks here like Bogie think it's okay to import Indians to do jobs that Americans are better at (like when Disney fired American workers to import Indians on visas and made the American workers train them for no purpose other than cost cutting). This isn't competitiveness. It's stinginess and it hurts the nation. Evidence that so caller "conservatives" have been deceived by multinational corporations, putting concern of their profits over the well being of actual Americans.

The wealth gap has widened. Wages are stagnant. Social mobility is diminished. Neo-liberalism is a failure.
Gold: 159.02
Sep 8 2015 02:42am
Quote (PlasmaSnake101 @ 8 Sep 2015 02:39)
I'm just saying, it's always Us vs Them rhetoric.

Trump targets either non-Americans or the douchebags in the media, people like that. Hell, I like that.

Sanders targets the crowds you're allowed to, rich whites. I like his stance on promoting unions and getting workers a fair share. But Sanders can't exist without Trump, you need trade regulation and restrictions on low wage labor numbers in order to enjoy a high standard of living.

Some of the cucks here like Bogie think it's okay to import Indians to do jobs that Americans are better at (like when Disney fired American workers to import Indians on visas and made the American workers train them for no purpose other than cost cutting). This isn't competitiveness. It's stinginess and it hurts the nation. Evidence that so caller "conservatives" have been deceived by multinational corporations, putting concern of their profits over the well being of actual Americans.

The wealth gap has widened. Wages are stagnant. Social mobility is diminished. Neo-liberalism is a failure.

welcome to the dark side
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev129303132333169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll