d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Got Questions About God? > #1 Can You Really Trust The Bible?
Prev1293031323378Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 7,529.88
Apr 17 2013 05:36am
you learn of god's words in the bible is all..if god speaks to you it will be through your heart or soul you can say ...if you only hear what others wrote you never hear god.
Don't worry over your neighbors house worry over your own. Meaning you not their judge soo stfu
Gold: 655.00
Apr 17 2013 06:07am
Quote (sylvannos @ Apr 17 2013 07:34am)
Mr. Rogers and Bob Ross?

So a presbyterian minister and "so from all of us here, I'd like to wish you happy painting, and God bless, my friend." - Bob ross
Gold: 78.16
Apr 17 2013 06:50am
Quote (CPK001 @ Apr 17 2013 09:20pm)
Whom can change the attitude of these assholes?

You're right.. only the love of god can change people.

No one has ever changed without it.

Ever.
Gold: 0.00
Apr 17 2013 09:15am
Quote (lithfkn @ Apr 17 2013 10:50pm)
You're right.. only the love of god can change people.

No one has ever changed without it.

Ever.

Yeah, see NOW you're getting it!
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Apr 17 2013 10:25am
Quote (CPK001 @ Apr 17 2013 03:42am)
1. Explain to me how people who don't believe in God are apparently more kind to others.

2. Who are the ones who bully the retarded people at School?
3. Who are the ones who try to ruin other people's lives to the point of death? (Amanda Todd)
4. Who are the ones who judge others for the wrong that they do and condemn them without granting them forgiveness?
5. Who are the ones who live for this world by storing up treasures and only ever keeping them to themselves?
6. Who are the ones who try to claim that God is evil when the message of God through Jesus was love and kindness?
7. Who are the ones who live this life only to party and have sex all their lives?
8. Who are the ones who judge people based on their disabilities?
9. Who are the ones who murder other people for their own personal gain?
10. Who are the ones who would hold grudges all their lives and their life's meaning is only ever to have revenge and not live it?

1. Why is this relevant? And what evidence is there that this is even true?

2. I've only seen Christians do it, I didn't know many other non-Christians in school.

3. I think she committed suicide. I don't know the story.

4. Fundamentalist Christians who disown their gay kids? Mormons and Westboro Baptist and the Amish who excommunicate members of the community with differing opinions?

5. Benny Hinn?

6. No one aside from Anton Lavey -- I wouldn't claim something I don't think exists is evil.

7. I have no idea. No one I know.

8. Quite a lot of people, not limited to nonbelievers by any means. In the U.S., non-belief is correlated with education, which is correlated with societal pressures to not discriminate (keeping in mind I claim no causation): hence, it's less common among nonbelievers.

9. I can list believers and nonbelievers... Saddam Hussein's regime, Stalin, Taliban, Italian Mafia for a time, Catholic Church for centuries, militaries of the world.

10. No one I know.

I don't even argue nonbelief is more or less moral than belief, I argue nonbelief (at least some forms of agnosticism and weak atheism) is the more rational position. I can verify kind nonbelievers exist, see Bill Gates or Warren Buffett or Carl Sagan or many others, but I don't have any evidence that, on average, one is better than the other in terms of kindness.
Gold: 78.16
Apr 17 2013 12:45pm
Quote (CPK001 @ Apr 18 2013 01:15am)
Yeah, see NOW you're getting it!

No.
Apr 17 2013 03:18pm
Quote (Ylem122 @ Apr 17 2013 04:07am)
So a presbyterian minister and "so from all of us here, I'd like to wish you happy painting, and God bless, my friend." - Bob ross

Exactly, bro.
Apr 17 2013 09:36pm
Quote (N1ccolo @ Apr 18 2013 02:25am)
1. Why is this relevant? And what evidence is there that this is even true? Sad, pathetic people who don't love themselves as they don't think there is a God or that they think that God doesn't love them.

Their form of happiness is bringing other people down.

2. I've only seen Christians do it, I didn't know many other non-Christians in school.

That is what you've seen.

3. I think she committed suicide. I don't know the story.

I'm asking about the person who abused her.

4. Fundamentalist Christians who disown their gay kids? Mormons and Westboro Baptist and the Amish who excommunicate members of the community with differing opinions?

Ever seen famous people involved in criminal activity or when their relationship divorce is public? The public's view of that person suddenly changes.

5. Benny Hinn?

He who dies with the most toys still dies.

6. No one aside from Anton Lavey -- I wouldn't claim something I don't think exists is evil.

Aetheric? Poulgaragr?

7. I have no idea. No one I know.

Fair enough

8. Quite a lot of people, not limited to nonbelievers by any means. In the U.S., non-belief is correlated with education, which is correlated with societal pressures to not discriminate (keeping in mind I claim no causation): hence, it's less common among nonbelievers.

You see someone walking down the street and they have a bulging leg, deformed hand etc. Or maybe they have a weird voice. How many people worldwide can you think of who would not only judge that person but also bully them?

Let's not restrict it to walking down the street, let's make it like at School or other gatherings, including the Church.

9. I can list believers and nonbelievers... Saddam Hussein's regime, Stalin, Taliban, Italian Mafia for a time, Catholic Church for centuries, militaries of the world.

Do you think the believers were 'true' believers?

10. No one I know.

Depends on the person actually.

I don't even argue nonbelief is more or less moral than belief, I argue nonbelief (at least some forms of agnosticism and weak atheism) is the more rational position. I can verify kind nonbelievers exist, see Bill Gates or Warren Buffett or Carl Sagan or many others, but I don't have any evidence that, on average, one is better than the other in terms of kindness.

Answered in your own quote.

Quote (lithfkn @ Apr 18 2013 04:45am)
No.

You did say it.
Apr 17 2013 09:42pm
you learn of god's words in the bible is all..if god speaks to you it will be through your heart or soul you can say ...if you only hear what others wrote you never hear god.

This only applies if you happen to be born to a Christian family or raised in a predominately Christian neighborhood though (assuming we're talking about the Christian God and not, say, Zeus or Anubis). I'm sure it's just a weird coincidence...
Gold: 655.00
Apr 17 2013 09:47pm
Quote (sylvannos @ Apr 17 2013 05:18pm)
Exactly, bro.

what about plato and spinoza? mother goose and aseop?

This post was edited by Ylem122 on Apr 17 2013 09:47pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1293031323378Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll