d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Black On White Hate Crime > Caught On Video
Prev1293031323344Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Apr 26 2011 01:21pm
Quote (njaguar @ Apr 26 2011 07:16pm)
Lastly, people don't use them, so something is obviously wrong with them. Just because you choose to ignore what people find wrong with them does not suddenly make you right.

Argumentum ad populum. :(
Gold: 0.00
Apr 26 2011 01:23pm
Quote (WidowMaKer_MK @ Apr 26 2011 07:20pm)
nah , it's actually a very common apprehension rooted in childhood perception

So he's a child? Or has a childs mentality?

I get paranoid that guys are looking at my junk every day at the gym when im changing, or when im doing flat bench "you can see it through my shorts".
Gold: 678.00
Apr 26 2011 01:24pm
Quote (njaguar @ 26 Apr 2011 20:16)
I already answered the parents part, I linked back to it once already in the last page.
So, an easy unlock button.. Then why have locking doors at all? That defeats the purpose of the privacy of one of these floor to ceiling stalls that you think solves everything, bro.

2nd paragraph is irrelevant to your specific questions regarding this. It's much akin to other arguments of safety vs. danger. It's a red herring. You're much more likely to be injured in your own home, so should stores stop putting up the wet floor mop signs because you can obviously see the floor is wet?

Lastly, people don't use them, so something is obviously wrong with them. Just because you choose to ignore what people find wrong with them does not suddenly make you right.

Would you mind explicitly stating what the 'something' is that is obviously wrong with them? What is the reason that people do not want to use unisex bathrooms in your opinion?

This post was edited by hATemOnkEy on Apr 26 2011 01:24pm
Admin
Gold: 16,845.00
Trader: Trusted
Apr 26 2011 01:25pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ 26 Apr 2011 14:20)
1.  An easy unlock button from the inside. I don't see how it defeats the purpose.

2.  I was citing statistics on sexual abuse and why unisex bathrooms wouldn't increase instances of sexual abuse.  Your turn to refute them or cite statistics of your own that support why sexual abuse would increase.

3.  People used to think women shouldn't vote.  There was obviously something wrong with women back then.  What the majority thinks is not necessarily what is right.

1) Explain it to a 2 year old that gets locked in one of these bathrooms. 2 year olds are fast, and think they're funny and clever when they shut themselves in with a door. If you ever have or are around young children, you may some day experience this. What about someone who has a seizure in a stall? Or a heart attack? Or some other medical issue.

2) Cite me statistics and studies that show there wouldn't be any sexual assault issues as a direct result of such bathrooms.

3) And liberals are always right? Want me to show you many things that people have thought were good ideas, but ended up being awful? The atomic bomb in theory was a good idea for protection. Nuclear power is in theory a good power source. What liberal think-tanks concoct with regards to changing society is not always right either. I forget the name of it, but there was one such group that was for teaching children graphic sexual content at young ages, grooming them into sexual creatures. This was during the 70s. I linked it once before in here, but it would have been about 6+ months ago, and I forget the name of their organization. :( Anyway, the point is, you have no point with this point.
Admin
Gold: 16,845.00
Trader: Trusted
Apr 26 2011 01:26pm
Quote (hATemOnkEy @ 26 Apr 2011 14:24)
Would you mind explicitly stating what the 'something' is that is obviously wrong with them? What is the reason that people do not want to use unisex bathrooms in your opinion?

I think many people have clearly articulated most of those reasons. What is the reason you want to push this agenda of unisex bathrooms so heavily? (Insert ad-hominim about lack of opposite sex exposure here)
Gold: 260.11
Apr 26 2011 01:28pm
Quote (njaguar @ Apr 26 2011 01:25pm)
1) Explain it to a 2 year old that gets locked in one of these bathrooms. 2 year olds are fast, and think they're funny and clever when they shut themselves in with a door. If you ever have or are around young children, you may some day experience this. What about someone who has a seizure in a stall? Or a heart attack? Or some other medical issue.

2) Cite me statistics and studies that show there wouldn't be any sexual assault issues as a direct result of such bathrooms.

3) And liberals are always right? Want me to show you many things that people have thought were good ideas, but ended up being awful? The atomic bomb in theory was a good idea for protection. Nuclear power is in theory a good power source. What liberal think-tanks concoct with regards to changing society is not always right either. I forget the name of it, but there was one such group that was for teaching children graphic sexual content at young ages, grooming them into sexual creatures. This was during the 70s. I linked it once before in here, but it would have been about 6+ months ago, and I forget the name of their organization. :( Anyway, the point is, you have no point with this point.

1. I can't fit under the spaces in bathroom stalls. My 2 year old goes in there and locks the door I'm screwed either way. and it is as easy as telling them to push the button or yelling from the bathroom door for an employee to open it for you.

2. Cite me statistics that show there would be any sexual assault issues as a direct result of such bathrooms. At this point I have given more information than you on the risk. Your turn to refute.

3. This is completely irrelevant. I have already shown why your argument is a fallacy. What you posted was basically just bashing liberal ideas which may or may not have been bad. We are not working under a specific ideology here. We are discussing an idea. Leave your comments about liberals at the door.

This post was edited by Thor123422 on Apr 26 2011 01:29pm
Gold: 678.00
Apr 26 2011 01:29pm
Quote (njaguar @ 26 Apr 2011 20:25)

1. 'Something might go wrong, so we prohibit it. Problem solved'.

2. You make the positive claim that there would be more instances of sexual assault. The burden of proof lies with you.

3. Everyone can be wrong or right, regardless of political affliation. What you are forgetting here is WHAT IS YOUR REASON FOR BELIEVING THAT THERE IS AN INCREASED RISK TO A CHILD IN A UNISEX BATHROOM IN CONTRAST TO A GENDERSPECIFIC BATHROOM?
Gold: 7,252.72
Apr 26 2011 01:31pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Apr 26 2011 03:20pm)

probably lol.  But give it anyway :D

A mans perception of the adequacy of his penis is not based on it's comparative size to peers or even feedback from his lovers or accepted norms but very often on first impressions made in childhood .

Most likely as an adolescent you saw a male adult relative urinating and the perspective of his vs. yours , adult vs. adolescent , became implanted in your subconscious .
Gold: 260.11
Apr 26 2011 01:31pm
Quote (WidowMaKer_MK @ Apr 26 2011 01:31pm)
A mans perception of the adequacy of his penis is not based on it's comparative size to peers or even feedback from his lovers or accepted norms but very often on first impressions made in childhood .

Most likely as an adolescent you saw a male adult relative urinating and the perspective of his vs. yours , adult vs. adolescent , became implanted in your subconscious .

I'll respond when I get back from Chem. Will continue in an hour.
Gold: 33,999.40
Apr 26 2011 01:32pm
Quote (WidowMaKer_MK @ Apr 26 2011 12:31pm)

Which is probably why you advocate little boys peeing next to grown men and staring at their peepee.

Restrooms should be single occupancy to protect a young mind!

This post was edited by TacoBell on Apr 26 2011 01:33pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1293031323344Next
Closed New Topic New Poll