d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > How Far Would Democrats Go To Lock You Up?
Prev1234569Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 35,785.13
Warn: 30%
Jan 18 2022 08:13am
Quote (Skinned @ Jan 18 2022 08:10am)
Woah, everyone stop and pay attention, we have an internet badass here!

Threatened with execution.
I will not go gentle into that good night.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

This post was edited by sirthom on Jan 18 2022 08:28am
Gold: 2,195.46
Jan 18 2022 08:14am
If I got asked to formally give answers to these, I would pick the worst ones just for shits n giggles

This post was edited by Jupe on Jan 18 2022 08:14am
Gold: 22,164.69
Jan 18 2022 08:25am
Quote (Jupe @ Jan 18 2022 08:14am)
If I got asked to formally give answers to these, I would pick the worst ones just for shits n giggles

These numbers aren't consistent with the noise random troll answers though. Its clear huge partisan differences and large democratic support for the worst authoritarian policies.
Gold: 2,195.46
Jan 18 2022 09:00am
Quote (Goomshill @ Jan 18 2022 09:25am)
These numbers aren't consistent with the noise random troll answers though. Its clear huge partisan differences and large democratic support for the worst authoritarian policies.

are you sure? Because nearly 20% of republicans also seem open to shoving people into their homes until they get the jab :rofl: I don't think I've met a single person democrat or republican irl who has said "yeah maybe that's not a bad idea to lock them up in their homes'
Gold: 14,569.69
Jan 18 2022 09:14am
Quote (Jupe @ Jan 18 2022 07:00am)
are you sure? Because nearly 20% of republicans also seem open to shoving people into their homes until they get the jab :rofl: I don't think I've met a single person democrat or republican irl who has said "yeah maybe that's not a bad idea to lock them up in their homes'

just silly hysteria coming from math/election denying R.
Gold: 22,164.69
Jan 18 2022 10:14am
Quote (Jupe @ Jan 18 2022 09:00am)

response rates in the 5-10% range are low enough you're going to get spillover from people who cross parties on identification, misunderstanding questions, a few true wackos, trolling answers, etc. You're never going to get 100% of republicans to agree on any poll question, even if its making necrophilia illegal. Polls aren't reliable for finely tuned answers. What they can show is trends and relative proportions. And its extremely clear from the poll results that these authoritarian measures are extremely unpopular with republicans and fairly popular with democrats, only becoming lukewarm or slightly hostile once the measures reach the point of thor's summary executions. And lets remember that libertarians let alone civil libertarians were never a majority of the republican party to begin with, an isolated fringe until a few years ago and now still not mainstream. Republicans openly embraced authoritarianism until just a few years ago. So I don't doubt there exist a substantial amount of republicans who actually do agree with authoritarian responses to the pandemic. The trends however make it clear they are a rare bird, its the Democrats who have openly embraced authoritarianism now and are willing to take it to extreme measures that make the patriot act look like a middle school teacher selected a hall monitor during roll call.
Gold: 2,170.00
Jan 18 2022 10:27am
Quote (kenw @ Jan 18 2022 01:37pm)
No one is afraid of you, "Sir" Thom. You'd wave the white flag the second any trouble arises in real life.

low testosterone projecting.
Gold: 285.00
Jan 18 2022 10:33am
Quote (theCrossbones @ Jan 18 2022 10:14am)
just silly hysteria coming from math/election denying R.

They have alternative math to go with their alternative facts.
Gold: 35,785.13
Warn: 30%
Jan 18 2022 10:41am
Quote (Skinned @ Jan 18 2022 10:33am)
They have alternative math to go with their alternative facts.

Still should never equal camps or worse.
Shame on you.
Gold: 5.00
Jan 18 2022 10:49am
More specifically to MN, and why we had those billboards with Walz literally sticking his head up his own ass along the freeways, is that there was a glaring metropolitan bias in the measures adopted by the governor. The first year of the pandemic was a bunch of lockdown measures without any concern for localization or different degrees of application to urban vs rural, yet crafted to exempt stuff favorable to the cities. He shut down bars and restaurants state-wide except for take-out orders, even when rural minnesota had basically zero cases of covid and it was almost entirely geographically clustered in the cities. But rural restaurants can't survive on take-out like the cities can. I remember I got Pho from Quang on Nicollet on Christmas last year and there was a line of people wrapped around inside the building, spreading their germs in close contact. Totally fine to be standing clustered together indoors under Walz's order. But Keith Ellison sued to shut down Shady's Restaurants in the northland when nobody was at risk of catching Covid there. People in the cities were already congregating as large crowds with covid spreading like wildfire before they mobbed up and burned the cities down, and at that point it was obvious nobody was ever going to enforce the mandates in downtown, only weaponized against republican districts.

In our area, it doubly hurt a lot of businesses because many patrons made the short trip to Superior WI to enjoy freedoms not seen on our side of the border. The perceived benefits from the mandates in MN completely axed by interstate travels to WI and other states. The continual 'your safe outside at a distance' rhetoric is great until all the State parks up the shore were overloaded with people that barely walk outside of the paved areas. Other than that, MN COVID def caused more felons to run around and police/gov to be lax on them as I've tracked local police reports. WI on the other hand doesn't mess around.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1234569Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll