d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Molotov-ribbentrop Pact 2.0
Prev12345614Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
Jul 11 2018 10:52am
since our resident cultists are unsurprisingly completely sold on the #alternative facts that their emperor and his propaganda networks told them, here are some ACTUAL facts about germany's dependence on russian gas:

1st item is oil
2nd is gas
3rd is renewable
4th is brown coal
5th is black coal
6th is nuclear energy

the red part is the percentage we import from russia, and we've been diversifying our imports for years now. your choice if you believe trump's uninformed exaggerations and lies, or actual facts provided by the federal ministry for economic affairs and energy of germany.

as you can see, gas is less than a fourth of our energy consumption, and only about a third of it is imported from russia - so nowhere even remotely close to the ridiculous claims of 60-70% of our total energy consumption provided by russia. pants on fire as usual.

This post was edited by fender on Jul 11 2018 10:59am
Gold: 12,127.00
Jul 11 2018 11:00am
Quote (IceMage @ Jul 11 2018 09:43am)
Are you able to make a single post without acting like a whiny little bitch? Grow up and learn to discuss topics like an adult.

My point was that Trump's rhetoric is inconsistent. One minute he's saying we should be friends with Russia, Putin is fine, let Russia back into G7, and the next minute he's criticizing Germany for strengthening their economic ties to Russia. I never offered my opinion on the validity of his criticism.

Dude you literally ride Trumps nuts every day on here. I call you out on it because it's truly pathetic. You cry for ages how Trump is weak and friendly towards Russia and then when he heats up the rhetoric on countries that make our sanctions ineffective you cry about that some more. At least have some logical consistency?

My take on this is that this is a combination of more economic nationalism from Trump combined with our neocon displeasure that our hegemony is not as effective in angling countries against our geopolitical foes. The Europeans are not going to spend more on defense, i can almost guarantee it. The reason they aren't going to spend more on defense is because most of them don't actually view Russia as this great threat to the EU. Only countries that realistically view Russia as a legitimate threat are the Baltic countries, Poland, Ukraine and not many others. The large economies in Europe actually have a lot to benefit from better relations with Russia. You see this growing rift in places like Italy, that want better relations with Russia from the trade and investment they can gain.

The will is simply not there, nor is there money in the coffers of some of these EU countries to cough up 4%, not even 2%. Countries like Spain, Portugal, Italy, Greece are not going to spend more on defense and will be increasingly reluctant to support sanctions on Russia.

This post was edited by ofthevoid on Jul 11 2018 11:01am
Gold: 17,384.69
Jul 11 2018 11:03am
Do your guys think Trump has the power to pull off his country of NATO ?
I would help him to do it :)
Gold: 945.00
Jul 11 2018 11:08am
Quote (Saucisson6000 @ Jul 11 2018 06:03pm)
Do your guys think Trump has the power to pull off his country of NATO ?
I would help him to do it :)

Lol. Make Europe great again?
Gold: 945.00
Jul 11 2018 11:17am
Quote (fender @ Jul 11 2018 05:52pm)
since our resident cultists are unsurprisingly completely sold on the #alternative facts that their emperor and his propaganda networks told them, here are some ACTUAL facts about germany's dependence on russian gas:

https://i.imgur.com/Q97RPiI.png

1st item is oil
2nd is gas
3rd is renewable
4th is brown coal
5th is black coal
6th is nuclear energy

the red part is the percentage we import from russia, and we've been diversifying our imports for years now. your choice if you believe trump's uninformed exaggerations and lies, or actual facts provided by the federal ministry for economic affairs and energy of germany.

as you can see, gas is less than a fourth of our energy consumption, and only about a third of it is imported from russia - so nowhere even remotely close to the ridiculous claims of 60-70% of our total energy consumption provided by russia. pants on fire as usual.

Btw. thanks for the post, that kinda supports my expectations. Russia not being the only supplier, and changing supplier is possible when the need arises.

This post was edited by Knoppie on Jul 11 2018 11:20am
Gold: 17,384.69
Jul 11 2018 11:35am
Quote (Knoppie @ 11 Jul 2018 18:08)
Lol. Make Europe great again?

Why would you say that ? Im not sure you are realizing the foreign policy of usa is quietly swapping against us.

>lol

Trump: ''I have no idea what Macron said, but it sounded beautiful''

This post was edited by Saucisson6000 on Jul 11 2018 11:49am
Gold: 5,016.77
Jul 11 2018 11:54am
Quote (ofthevoid @ Jul 11 2018 12:00pm)
Dude you literally ride Trumps nuts every day on here. I call you out on it because it's truly pathetic. You cry for ages how Trump is weak and friendly towards Russia and then when he heats up the rhetoric on countries that make our sanctions ineffective you cry about that some more. At least have some logical consistency?

Yeah... you've brought this up numerous times before... at some point you're just going to have to get over it. I mean how many times do you want to have the same conversation? It'd probably be more productive if you address my criticism of Trump, rather than endlessly obsess over the fact that I'm often critical of him.

Trump isn't weak towards Russia policy wise... in some ways he's tougher than Obama was. Although rhetorically he's very friendly towards Russia... which is why I called out his inconsistency in this thread.

As far as whether his criticism is legitimate, I believe it is. I think he should be more diplomatic though.
Gold: 5,016.77
Jul 11 2018 05:24pm
Warning: This article contains both criticism of Trump and agreement with Trump.

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/german-miliary-readiness-vital-to-nato-alliance/
Gold: 260.11
Jul 11 2018 05:51pm
Quote (IceMage @ Jul 11 2018 05:24pm)
Warning: This article contains both criticism of Trump and agreement with Trump.

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/german-miliary-readiness-vital-to-nato-alliance/

Thats not possible....if its critical it must be fake news
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 10%
Jul 11 2018 05:59pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ Jul 11 2018 12:28pm)
One thing we can count on for consistency is that Icemage will be crying about Trump regardless.

Lets think about this for a second, if Trump was some Russian plug that's being controlled by the Kremlin, like so many of you believe, do you think he would bring this issue up? I mean you understand that him calling Germany out for this is not good for Russia right?

What's incoherent is your perspective on what we should do with Russia. One minute you want sanctions, us to take a tough line against them and so on, the next your critical of rhetoric that actually might budge our allies to a tougher line towards them.

Bahahahahahhaha
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev12345614Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll