d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > One Of The 2016 Nominees Was/is A Criminal > Repost
Prev12345617Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 57.00
Aug 25 2017 05:16pm
Quote (JohnMiller92 @ 25 Aug 2017 18:03)
lol are those quotes real

of course it is its from the first page of the Trump thread.

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=72969075&f=119&p=492408402

more people would be howling in constant laughter at his howler were it not for Voyaging spoiling the party

in any event the President Trump thread has scores of gems from him, same with the now-closed Hillary thread and the handful of shitty topics he drooled up here during the 2014 and 2016 election cycles (where he got everything horribly wrong both times) :rofl:
Gold: 8.00
Aug 25 2017 05:43pm
Quote (JohnMiller92 @ Aug 25 2017 06:03pm)
lol are those quotes real

I want to make sure you understand the context.

It's not that he was wrong about the election, lots of people were wrong about that.
It's not that he's wrong about 99.99% of everything he posts.
It's not that he obviously posts blatently false statement.
It's not that he has not once, ever made an arguement that wasnt based on him declaring he is smart, everyone else is dumb, and he wins.
It's not that he's willing to post the same exact thing over and over and over again, when no one wants to or does read it.
It's not that he's undoubtedly the biggest clown on PaRD which is like an alumni association of the Harvard of clown college
The real reason pollster/jaykwik is the laughing stock... is he claims to own his own million dollar political polling company (though I hear there is evidence he is actually a political telemarketer who makes $8.50 / hour) this guy claims to be the end all expert on everything political and yet he was as wrong as could be about what he claims to be an expert at
He's insufferable, really, he's worse than the libertarians.

inb4: bubble babble, i'm just proving him right, and i'm embarrassing myself

This post was edited by RiskOfFire on Aug 25 2017 05:44pm
Gold: 285.00
Aug 25 2017 05:47pm
Quote (Ghot @ Aug 25 2017 05:03pm)
Hillary was/still is ...a crook. She should be in federal prison.

With the rest of Congress.
Gold: 8,933.00
Aug 25 2017 06:07pm
Quote (Pollster @ Aug 23 2017 11:42am)
...the other was Hillary Clinton.

I would have hoped someone had the sense to keep tracking Trump's crimes in my long absence, at the very least adding no-brainers like obstruction of justice (however many total instances is open to debate) and witness tampering (tweeting re: Comey's testimony), but I'll just go ahead and add them myself for posterity if we survive the inevitable nuclear war.

Looks like those two are #28 and #29; the original list was supplemented by the revelations of Trump's sexual assault against various women (#23), obstruction of justice at Trump Org (#24), his daily violation of the Emoluments Clause (#25), and violating the Logan Act via Mike Flynn (#26). For simplicity I've just held out (#27) in reserve for a broad "campaign/Russia/WikiLeaks/foreign actor collusion" category.

If I've overlooked a Trump crime feel free to submit it. Otherwise, ramble incoherently at your leisure.

@bold: what is it with your generation and the expectation that someone else will do your job for you?
Gold: 1.00
Aug 25 2017 06:12pm
I picture this guys basement bachelor apt to be covered in photos of Trump with the tacks and strings going to different things.

It's like the zodiac.

This post was edited by wesley123 on Aug 25 2017 06:12pm
Gold: 22,164.69
Aug 25 2017 06:15pm
Still I want to say it again:

'Takes air of authority and superiority claiming professionalism'
'Gets predictions completely wrong'
'Talks about Logan Act violations' :rofl:
Gold: 5,016.77
Aug 25 2017 06:32pm
Quote (Pollster @ Aug 25 2017 12:24pm)
How are things that Trump has admitted to, and civil violations that Trump has had to make restitution for, "nothingburgers?" Illegal acts are illegal acts. In a political environment where people often level (hysterical) charges against someone that are based on nothing or little more than nothing, and that often amount to nothing, it would be absolutely nonsensical (not to mention irresponsible) not to hold actual elected officials (which Trump is now) responsible if they've done things that are actually illegal. We don't need to make excuses for them on the basis that most of their violations are civil and not criminal, on the basis that either 1) most observers are too stupid to know that the difference between those two things (or even that those classifications exist), or 2) because the individual has enough money to buy their way out of their crimes.

Do you legitimately think that the multitude of sexual assault accusations against Trump (including by his own ex-wife), that also happen to match his own public testimony and a lifestyle that was meticulously chronicled in tabloids for decades are without merit?

I don't know whether Trump's company obstructed justice or not, but the headlines from your OP are nothingburgers. Logan Act is irrelevant historically, emoluments clause is mostly irrelevant because (shocker) hotels in major cities rent rooms out to foreign officials, sexual assault allegations had no teeth during campaign or now, many legal experts think Trump's behavior with Comey and the Russia investigation is unethical but legal, and many others think colluding with Russians isn't necessarily illegal either. You are conflating politics with law.
Gold: 10,485.00
Aug 25 2017 07:00pm

Gold: 22,164.69
Aug 25 2017 07:22pm
Quote (IceMage @ Aug 25 2017 06:32pm)
many legal experts think Trump's behavior with Comey and the Russia investigation is unethical but legal

or both legal and ethical. There's a very strong argument to be made that once Comey explicitly interfered in politics and compromised the neutrality of the FBI over those buttery males, he opened the door to political intrigue, and Trump wasn't out of line for asking Comey to intervene in the Flynn / Pissgate scandals because they were created by James Comey's FBI leaking, which may or may not have been directly at his behest anyway. If he's going to play politics, and then the FBI leaks to smear Trump, either Comey should stay neutral by putting out the fires he is responsible for starting, or he started those fires intentionally and was a thoroughly corrupted actor. The whole idea that Comey could selectively plead a lofty untouchable status as an apolitical chief while admitting to playing politics over the emails, overseeing an ocean of leaked anti-Trump stories, personally leaking himself and playing along with the 'matters' interference is so nonsensical. You're either in the game or out of the game, you can't dangle your feet into it as you please and then claim innocence.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev12345617Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll