d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Clinton Odds Of Winning Plummeting > Only A Moderate Favorite Now
Prev12345614Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 109.01
Sep 12 2016 12:17pm
Quote (AiNedeSpelCzech @ Sep 12 2016 01:13pm)
Pretty great to see Assange trading in all of his goodwill to be biased and try to warp the election tbh, he's always been a scumbag.

or maybe all the destructive, secretive policies and back channel dealings he's gotten famous for exposing is part and parcel for a lifelong political establishment insider like Hillary who is widely believed to be one of the most dishonest politicians in decades, but you know since he's talking about your horse in this race, it's now "biased and warped" we get it, you're a partisan .

Quote (thesnipa @ Sep 12 2016 01:19pm)
I've always treated wikileaks as a filterless source, its nice that they attempt to remain "neutral" by not filtering along partisan lines but part of filtering is fact checking and sometimes things are omitted because they aren't credible. It just all needs to be read and judged on a case by case basis, i hate when people hold it to some gold standard of credibility.

that's a healthy perspective to have.

This post was edited by Master_Zappy on Sep 12 2016 12:22pm
Gold: 2,504.69
Sep 12 2016 12:19pm
Quote (balrog66 @ Sep 12 2016 12:12pm)
https://np.reddit.com/r/worldnews/comments/51yeqr/wikileaks_hid_documents_showing_syrian_deposits/d7g8i73

This isn't entirely reliable, but it offers some perspective that Wikileaks isn't as unbiased as some people would like to think.

I've always treated wikileaks as a filterless source, its nice that they attempt to remain "neutral" by not filtering along partisan lines but part of filtering is fact checking and sometimes things are omitted because they aren't credible. It just all needs to be read and judged on a case by case basis, i hate when people hold it to some gold standard of credibility.
Gold: 40.42
Sep 12 2016 12:21pm
Quote (Master_Zappy @ 12 Sep 2016 10:17)
or maybe all the destructive, secretive policies and back channel dealings he's gotten famous for exposing is part and parcel for a lifelong political establisment insider like Hillary who is widely believed to be one of the most dishonest politicians in decades, but you know since he's talking about your horse in this race, it's now "biased and warped" we get it, you're a partisan .

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=51082453&f=119&o=0

Nope, always thought the dude was a scumbag because he always has been.

And yeah, no backroom deals to expose on trump's end, I'm absolutely sure of that, lol. Certainly no tax returns or nothin.
Sep 12 2016 12:23pm
Quote (ThatAlex @ 12 Sep 2016 10:15)
FiveThirtyEight gave Hillary Clinton an 89% chance of winning the election based on polls in mid-August.

Now their forecast is giving her a 68% chance. She currently has a 2.2 point lead over Trump on RealClearPolitics.

It's pretty much in line with polls plus. You're comparing with the nowcast,which was never meant to be taken that seriously. She's gotten 75 percent at most in the polls only model, and polls plus has long been under 70. Trust in math jesus
Gold: 285.00
Sep 12 2016 12:24pm
Quote (balrog66 @ Sep 12 2016 01:12pm)
https://np.reddit.com/r/worldnews/comments/51yeqr/wikileaks_hid_documents_showing_syrian_deposits/d7g8i73

This isn't entirely reliable, but it offers some perspective that Wikileaks isn't as unbiased as some people would like to think.

Of course it isn't unbiased, it is an anti-American government organization. Globally speaking, Russia is doing much worse things domestically and abroad in terms of killing people, assassinating enemies extrajudicially, supporting terrorism, outright invading nations, etc.

We have police brutality issues in cities with non-diverse police departments unrepresentative of those they serve...Russia has a secret police, an illiberal court system, it is illegal to campaign against Putin because anybody who does so gets kidnapped and thrown in a cage, their poverty is terrible, their GDP per capita is below Greece, largely considered a failed state by many. Putin is propping up dictators on a level that Reagan would have wet dreams about. What he is doing in Syria is way more massive than anything the US did in things like Operation Condor or funding Right Wing Contra death squads in Central America.

It is only a matter of time until Putin tries to punch through Ukraine and occupy a Baltic State or two, for security, as to not be completely surrounded by NATO and a more hostile China who is really sick of them being in their backyard and taking their stuff.

Wikileaks has said nothing about any of that.
Gold: 109.01
Sep 12 2016 12:30pm
Quote (AiNedeSpelCzech @ Sep 12 2016 01:21pm)
http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=51082453&f=119&o=0

Nope, always thought the dude was a scumbag because he always has been.

And yeah, no backroom deals to expose on trump's end, I'm absolutely sure of that, lol. Certainly no tax returns or nothin.

Thanks for the link to back your prior point of view, I stand corrected, and even agree that blackmailing potential undercover ops with "outing" is a shitbag thing to do.

He puts out data on corruption in govt, and hillary (and likely trump too) is pretty clearly a pro at skating the edge of ethical actions, I would expect to see "dirt" come to light on her, I dont think anyone is surprised that it's there to be found.
Sep 12 2016 12:35pm
Quote (Master_Zappy @ 12 Sep 2016 10:30)
Thanks for the link to back your prior point of view, I stand corrected, and even agree that blackmailing potential undercover ops with "outing" is a shitbag thing to do.

He puts out data on corruption in govt, and hillary (and likely trump too) is pretty clearly a pro at skating the edge of ethical actions, I would expect to see "dirt" come to light on her, I dont think anyone is surprised that it's there to be found.

Your parenthetical aside says it all. He's absolutely shilling for one side here, and it really is kinda silly to ignore the Russia connections too.
Gold: 17,384.69
Sep 12 2016 12:53pm
Quote (balrog66 @ 12 Sep 2016 19:12)

nono, that is too much blabla, please note down it's american companies that are impeaching to donate to wikileak (donations blocked by Visa, Mastercard et PayPal)

The only thing that matter and that isnt a theory is about releasing real mails or documents.
Gold: 5.77
Sep 12 2016 12:56pm
Quote (IceMage @ Sep 12 2016 10:24am)
I'm still pretty sure Hillary will win, and I'm guessing after the first debate I'll be even more confident.

After she collapses in a coughing fit, or after she has to have SS prop her up during the debate and help her walk off stage?
Gold: 6.66
Sep 13 2016 08:31am
Quote (inkanddagger @ Sep 12 2016 08:56pm)
After she collapses in a coughing fit, or after she has to have SS prop her up during the debate and help her walk off stage?

New stance? :D
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev12345614Next
Closed New Topic New Poll