d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > The Belief In Science Vs God
Prev12345620Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Retired Moderator
Gold: 848.00
Trader: Trusted
Feb 3 2016 09:42am
Quote (LazyDazy @ 3 Feb 2016 12:39)
Anything Spiritism ''clearly'' explains comes from a man that does not have the authority to say so. You are moving away from the teaching of Jesus that man can't be saved on his on action but must repent his sins and ask for forgiveness. God is the fair judge and with our sinful nature we must all be banished from the heavenly realms because it's not allowed to be there.

I respect your opinion and fundamentalist viewpoint.
this is not the message of Christianity.
each interprets the way you want.
Gold: 578.20
Feb 3 2016 09:44am
Quote (Unanswered @ 3 Feb 2016 16:31)
Simple. You make your own meaning to live. It could be anything. Just be careful which path you take on this journey we call life.

There you go. Religion is subjective as much as music. As far as Islam. To the Muslims they believe their religion is correct as much as you do yours. Just think about what religion you would be in if you was born in the tribes f Africa or ancient Greek

What brought you to the conclusion that we can't save ourselves? Also saved from what?

I believe there to be an absolute truth that explains everything. A long the way we can explain many of the mysteries of the universe but there will be a point where it stops - I think. Perhaps it stops with the creation of the universe simply because we're living in a physical universe and won't be able to make experiments that proves other dimensions and living things in those dimensions.

Let's say there are other dimensions from ours. That lives outside of time as we know it, like the omnipresent God that the Bible describes. Let's imagine this being, this God, is actually a loving God that wants to create life and beings with a free will to love him back. This is where I personally put my faith because by observing this world and the way things are it makes perfectly sense in my head.

And Muslims beliving that their faith is the right one doesn't make it the right one because they violate so many things. There's no prophecies (which there should be, since they claim to be the third abrahemic religion). They violate The New Testement saying that you can't remove or add to the teaching of Christ. They did by making a complete new book introducing the law once again that Jesus repealed and put into our hearts instead through the Holy Spirit. If you study these things it's very clear that Islam is a wolf in covered in a cheep coat.

We can't save ourselves through good acts. One sin is enough for your judgement, just like in real life. If you killed a person, you can't say you are sorry and not go to prison. God is the righteous judge that has to judge you because of your sinful nature and only through the sacrifice of Jesus are you saved.
And you are saved from eternal separation from God, the so called Hell. Hell is where God is not, but Hell isn't eternal. It will end in the final judgement and be cast in to the lake of fire which some interpreted to be the Sun. But that's not relevant. What is relevant is to choose Life over the only thing we are absolute certain about - Death.

Quote (El Shadday @ 3 Feb 2016 16:42)
I respect your opinion and fundamentalist viewpoint.
this is not the message of Christianity.
each interprets the way you want.

How can you interpret the teaching of Jesus any other way that only through him can you be saved? Anyone saying differently is misguided. You listen to the teaching of a man with no authority to claim something else that is not in the Bible.

This post was edited by LazyDazy on Feb 3 2016 09:46am
Retired Moderator
Feb 3 2016 09:53am
Quote (LazyDazy @ 3 Feb 2016 13:44)
How can you interpret the teaching of Jesus any other way that only through him can you be saved? Anyone saying differently is misguided. You listen to the teaching of a man with no authority to claim something else that is not in the Bible.

why not????????

Jesus speaks clearly about reincarnation.
there are numerous texts on the subject

Matthew 17New International Version (NIV)
The disciples asked him, “Why then do the teachers of the law say that Elijah must come first?”

Jesus replied, “To be sure, Elijah comes and will restore all things.
But I tell you, Elijah has already come, and they did not recognize him, but have done to him everything they wished. In the same way the Son of Man is going to suffer at their hands.”
Then the disciples understood that he was talking to them about John the Baptist.

Gold: 1.50
Feb 3 2016 09:54am
Quote (WidowMaKer_MK @ Feb 3 2016 10:22am)
...that's some mighty shallow thinking son . Since Jesus could heal a leper He can surely heal a decomposed body after resurrection .

Jesus healing bacterial diseases takes the same amount of faith to believe as the resurrection story...

Do you know the difference between bacterial and viral infections?
I'll assume not... since you just used an idiotic example to back up an absurd claim.

Quote (LazyDazy @ Feb 3 2016 10:14am)
Why do people find it easier to pick the baseless explanation that provides no hope rather than the explanation that promise eternal life?

Because it's the most logical one.
It's what you believed too, before you were lured into a religious cult.
Gold: 7,252.72
Feb 3 2016 09:55am
This post is a violation of the site rules and appropriate action was taken.

Quote (El Shadday @ Feb 3 2016 10:53am)
why not????????

Jesus speaks clearly about reincarnation.
there are numerous texts on the subject

Matthew 17New International Version (NIV)
The disciples asked him, “Why then do the teachers of the law say that Elijah must come first?”

Jesus replied, “To be sure, Elijah comes and will restore all things.
But I tell you, Elijah has already come, and they did not recognize him, but have done to him everything they wished. In the same way the Son of Man is going to suffer at their hands.”
Then the disciples understood that he was talking to them about John the Baptist.

...your understanding of Scripture is quite pathetic .
Retired Moderator
Feb 3 2016 10:01am
Quote (WidowMaKer_MK @ 3 Feb 2016 13:55)
...your understanding of Scripture is quite pathetic .

Thank you for your cooperation in our healthy dialogue.
You put a little more love in your heart will be able to understand the true meaning of the Gospel. :love:
stay in peace :hug:
Gold: 1,532.01
Feb 3 2016 10:17am
Why bother arguing with people who genuinely believe the bible to be of divine inspiration? I much prefer arguing with children, it's more satisfying
Gold: 7,252.72
Feb 3 2016 10:20am
Quote (GetOnYourKnees @ Feb 3 2016 11:17am)
Why bother arguing with people who genuinely believe the bible to be of divine inspiration? I much prefer arguing with children, it's more satisfying

...if you give people enough time they will always reveal their intellectual level .
Gold: 0.20
Feb 3 2016 10:34am
Quote (LazyDazy @ Feb 3 2016 10:44am)
I believe there to be an absolute truth that explains everything. A long the way we can explain many of the mysteries of the universe but there will be a point where it stops - I think. Perhaps it stops with the creation of the universe simply because we're living in a physical universe and won't be able to make experiments that proves other dimensions and living things in those dimensions.

Let's say there are other dimensions from ours. That lives outside of time as we know it, like the omnipresent God that the Bible describes. Let's imagine this being, this God, is actually a loving God that wants to create life and beings with a free will to love him back. This is where I personally put my faith because by observing this world and the way things are it makes perfectly sense in my head.

And Muslims beliving that their faith is the right one doesn't make it the right one because they violate so many things. There's no prophecies (which there should be, since they claim to be the third abrahemic religion). They violate The New Testement saying that you can't remove or add to the teaching of Christ. They did by making a complete new book introducing the law once again that Jesus repealed and put into our hearts instead through the Holy Spirit. If you study these things it's very clear that Islam is a wolf in covered in a cheep coat.

We can't save ourselves through good acts. One sin is enough for your judgement, just like in real life. If you killed a person, you can't say you are sorry and not go to prison. God is the righteous judge that has to judge you because of your sinful nature and only through the sacrifice of Jesus are you saved.
And you are saved from eternal separation from God, the so called Hell. Hell is where God is not, but Hell isn't eternal. It will end in the final judgement and be cast in to the lake of fire which some interpreted to be the Sun. But that's not relevant. What is relevant is to choose Life over the only thing we are absolute certain about - Death.

Ofc there is a truth out there. Also there is many false truths. Its just determining which is which. IMO it will never stop. It's a infinite regress. There will always be something to discover. IF the Multi verse is correct. There is no telling what is out there man. For all we know there could be creators of universes. Maybe like a God for each universe or something but that is pure speculation so I won't claim all that to be true. It's all about probability IMO.

Where did you learn this from?
https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=prophecies+in+the+quran
Hate to say this but they believe their holy book has prophecies also.
IMO while the Quran was being complied they probably didn't know anything about the New Testament of the Bible.
You have to keep in mind. Information didn't fly around like in our time.
My point stands that Religion is subjective as much as music.

You would have to prove any of this. A collection of writings back then gives no weight to the claim.
Gold: 2,620.00
Feb 3 2016 10:36am
These two shouldn't even be pitted against each other.

Religion is a matter of belief.

Science is a method of investigation and inquiry.

This post was edited by ThatAlex on Feb 3 2016 10:36am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev12345620Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll