d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Donald Trump: Full Interview With Todd Chuck > Immigration, Business, Clinton, Etc
Prev123456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1.50
Aug 17 2015 07:19am
Quote (Santara @ Aug 17 2015 08:14am)
Alive? The entire time. Conscious? Not the entire time. Consciousness is generally understood to occur around halfway through the pregnancy. Now answer me this, rather than dodge: why makes consciousness a prerequisite for being a human?

Can you tell me why I should not describe the intentional killing of a living being as murder?

What about the unintentional killing of a living being, should we start charging women who miscarry with involuntary manslaughter?
Gold: 8,933.00
Aug 17 2015 07:21am
Quote (Morphmcmanerson @ Aug 17 2015 08:19am)
What about the unintentional killing of a living being, should we start charging women who miscarry with involuntary manslaughter?

Nice try. Miscarriage is quite natural and common, and happens for reasons that can be quite beyond the control of the mother and you know that.
Gold: 0.00
Aug 17 2015 07:25am
Quote (Santara @ Aug 17 2015 01:14pm)
Alive? The entire time. Conscious? Not the entire time. Consciousness is generally understood to occur around halfway through the pregnancy. Now answer me this, rather than dodge: why makes consciousness a prerequisite for being a human?

Can you tell me why I should not describe the intentional killing of a living being as murder?

By that rationale a television set is alive and conscious. But no.... it's not. It may be turned "on", but it's not conscious, it has no individuality, no independent instinct, it's merely "on", growing organic material. It's about as alive as a a hermit crab or carrot. Tell me, do carrots dream?

why makes consciousness a prerequisite for being a human?

I guess my toilet has a conscious, too. After all, I do pray to it from time-to-time.

This post was edited by CarsV on Aug 17 2015 07:29am
Aug 17 2015 07:41am
Quote (CarsV @ Aug 17 2015 08:25am)
By that rationale a television set is alive and conscious. But no.... it's not. It may be turned "on", but it's not conscious, it has no individuality, no independent instinct, it's merely "on", growing organic material. It's about as alive as a a hermit crab or carrot. Tell me, do carrots dream?

Rationale? You have NONE.

conscious
[ ˈkänCHəs ]
ADJECTIVE

aware of and responding to one's surroundings; awake.

Fetuses are known to respond to stimuli.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prenatal_memory

Go educate yourself.

Quote (CarsV @ Aug 17 2015 08:25am)
I guess my toilet has a conscious, too. After all, I do pray to it from time-to-time.

Answer the question, don't dodge. I answered yours. What makes consciousness a prerequisite for being a human?
Aug 17 2015 07:44am
You know what? I'm bored as shit with this "conversation". I'm not advocating women should rip 7-9 month old babies from their wombs. But, you can't substantiate a single fact that makes you alive and conscious when in the womb, but you sure can make loads of deflections to avoid the obvious questions. Well guess what, it doesn't work like that, you can't prove something doesn't exist, you can only prove something does exist. So please, in your own time, prove to everyone here that you, Mr. Guy "Santara" Fawkes was alive and conscious when you were, say... 2-4 months in the womb. I mean you, as an personality, an ego, an individual, not just a collection of cells.

This post was edited by CarsV on Aug 17 2015 07:45am
Aug 17 2015 07:46am
Quote (Santara @ Aug 17 2015 01:41pm)
Rationale? You have NONE.

Fetuses are known to respond to stimuli.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prenatal_memory

Go educate yourself.

Answer the question, don't dodge. I answered yours. What makes consciousness a prerequisite for being a human?

Do you even fucking understand what consciousness is? I get the impression you're just going through the motions from what some anti-abortion crew drilled into your yep-yep mind.

This post was edited by CarsV on Aug 17 2015 07:48am
Gold: 1.50
Aug 17 2015 07:49am
Quote (Santara @ Aug 17 2015 08:21am)
Nice try. Miscarriage is quite natural and common, and happens for reasons that can be quite beyond the control of the mother and you know that.

Death is quite natural and common too, and it looks like you have a firm understanding on what involuntary means.

Not sure how you could rationalize murder charges for some, then let every involuntary manslaughter walk away consequence free.
Do you actually want justice for loss of life, or are you just on a witch hunt?
Aug 17 2015 07:50am
By the way, let's not forget to remind the LADIES what their thoughts in all this are. After all, they're the ones who have to deal with shitheads like Huckabee telling a 10 year old a rape baby is not their choice to bear.
Aug 17 2015 07:53am
Quote (CarsV @ Aug 17 2015 08:44am)
You know what? I'm bored as shit with this "conversation". I'm not advocating women should rip 7-9 month old babies from their wombs. But, you can't substantiate a single fact that makes you alive and conscious when in the womb, but you sure can make loads of deflections to avoid the obvious questions. Well guess what, it doesn't work like that, you can't prove something doesn't exist, you can only prove something does exist. So please, in your own time, prove to everyone here that you, Mr. Guy "Santara" Fawkes was alive and conscious when you were, say... 2-4 months in the womb. I mean you, as an personality, an ego, an individual, not just a collection of cells.

You're bored because you need an excuse to run the fuck away from being rekt.

I can't substantiate that I am alive and/or conscious in the womb? Can you demonstrate how a dead fetus grows in the womb? Because I'm pretty fucking solidly convinced only living fetuses can keep growing. Alive or dead, which is it, Mr Smartypants?

Quote (CarsV @ Aug 17 2015 08:46am)
Do you even fucking understand what consciousness is? I get the impression you're just going through the motions from what some anti-abortion crew drilled into your yep-yep mind.

Of course I do. You however clearly do not, even with a simple dictionary reference included for your perusal.
Aug 17 2015 07:57am
Quote (Morphmcmanerson @ Aug 17 2015 08:49am)
Death is quite natural and common too, and it looks like you have a firm understanding on what involuntary means.

Not sure how you could rationalize murder charges for some, then let every involuntary manslaughter walk away consequence free.
Do you actually want justice for loss of life, or are you just on a witch hunt?

The intentional death however is not. It is purely the result of a conscious decision to engage in it.

I simply want to make it illegal to kill people. I just have a more expansive definition of people that include people who are 0-9 months old.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev123456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll