d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > What Religion Actually Does To People - Part One > Childhood Indoctrination Is Child Abuse
Prev12345641Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 5,016.77
Jan 21 2015 06:57pm
Quote (duffman316 @ Jan 21 2015 07:40pm)
a large demographic of landlords either do not rent to blacks or hold them to extremely high standards due to concerns about the impact to property values and ability to pay rent

this is obvious to anyone who isn't white, but that aside i've managed rental properties and faced some challenges getting property owners to take potential black tenants seriously

also you missed the point about being held accountable for the actions of your people, you've clearly never watched a breaking news report of a crime in progress and thought to yourself "please please please don't let it be a white guy"

Where did you manage these properties? Everywhere I've ever lived, I've been surrounded by people of different races. Did you mange properties in some gated community or something?

Look, maybe where you live the brown/black people face massive discrimination and feel it, but I have friends of every color and they've never expressed any notion of housing/job discrimination. The thing is... I live in a red state, so I would assume discrimination would be worse here(following liberal logic).

That's just insecure people buying into a false consciousness that a few other people believe. The black person who feels victimized is guilty of the same confirmation bias as the racist who got robbed by a different ethnicity.

This post was edited by IceMage on Jan 21 2015 06:59pm
Gold: 500.00
Jan 21 2015 07:08pm
Quote (IceMage @ Jan 21 2015 07:57pm)
Where did you manage these properties? Everywhere I've ever lived, I've been surrounded by people of different races. Did you mange properties in some gated community or something?

Look, maybe where you live the brown/black people face massive discrimination and feel it, but I have friends of every color and they've never expressed any notion of housing/job discrimination. The thing is... I live in a red state, so I would assume discrimination would be worse here(following liberal logic).

That's just insecure people buying into a false consciousness that a few other people believe. The black person who feels victimized is guilty of the same confirmation bias as the racist who got robbed by a different ethnicity.

the discrimination comes from asian landlords in particular

the beauty of it is that it's not open discrimination, simply say something like "we have a few people that said they'd take the place first and they've set a date so we'll let you know on X date whether or not the house is still available" with no intention of ever calling back

Gold: 5,016.77
Jan 21 2015 07:17pm
Quote (duffman316 @ Jan 21 2015 08:08pm)
the discrimination comes from asian landlords in particular

the beauty of it is that it's not open discrimination, simply say something like "we have a few people that said they'd take the place first and they've set a date so we'll let you know on X date whether or not the house is still available" with no intention of ever calling back

In my experience, Asian/Indian guys are a little more open about their racism. The society they came from wasn't one of open mindedness.

Yeah, I get it.

I'm not trying to deny that discrimination takes place, but I'm trying to make clear that it's a very gray area. It's not white vs everyone else. Every culture has elements of racism in it. Every culture has certain privileges the majority are privy to. I don't think America has a big enough racist population that black people(or any other ethnicity) are being held back because of it.

5 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous): Master_Zappy, Skinned, IceMage, RzChaos

Come at me bro.

This post was edited by IceMage on Jan 21 2015 07:18pm
Gold: 500.00
Jan 21 2015 07:45pm
Quote (IceMage @ Jan 21 2015 08:17pm)
In my experience, Asian/Indian guys are a little more open about their racism. The society they came from wasn't one of open mindedness.

Yeah, I get it.

I'm not trying to deny that discrimination takes place, but I'm trying to make clear that it's a very gray area. It's not white vs everyone else. Every culture has elements of racism in it. Every culture has certain privileges the majority are privy to. I don't think America has a big enough racist population that black people(or any other ethnicity) are being held back because of it.

racist stereotypes entrenched deeply into the mindset of society are not strong enough to hold people back, the value of talent/skills far exceeds any misgivings about character based on race

if you don't have the talent or skills however you're in trouble because only white people get to pass on mediocrity
Gold: 285.00
Jan 21 2015 09:58pm
I really hate that the topic for this thread has a "Part 1". The suspense is just too much.
Gold: 152.00
Jan 21 2015 10:00pm
Quote (Skinned @ Jan 21 2015 10:58pm)
I really hate that the topic for this thread has a "Part 1". The suspense is just too much.

:rofl:
Gold: 9,039.20
Jan 21 2015 10:00pm
Quote (ChurchGirl69 @ Jan 21 2015 10:58am)
Reminds me of the 16 year old trans girl in the news right now who killed herself because of her Christian parents who shamed her and wouldn't allow her to transition.

It was for the best
Jan 21 2015 10:04pm
Quote (duffman316 @ Jan 21 2015 07:45pm)
racist stereotypes entrenched deeply into the mindset of society are not strong enough to hold people back, the value of talent/skills far exceeds any misgivings about character based on race

if you don't have the talent or skills however you're in trouble because only white people get to pass on mediocrity

Racist stereotypes exist for a reason, if black people want to portray themselves as unreliable ganstas then don't be surprised when no one wants to put their shit on the line for them.
Gold: 285.00
Jan 21 2015 10:07pm
Quote (j0ltk0la @ Jan 21 2015 11:00pm)
It was for the best

I think that sentence actually made my stomach turn. Goal achieved I guess.
Jan 21 2015 10:11pm
Quote (Skinned @ Jan 21 2015 10:07pm)
I think that sentence actually made my stomach turn. Goal achieved I guess.

Trannies and other homosex abominations know they're not normal and deal with it like a coward, suicide for attention? Grow up, I can't respect anyone who takes their own life.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev12345641Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll