d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > How To Get To Heaven When You Die
Prev12345679Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 186.16
Mar 10 2012 07:57pm
Quote (TradeBot @ Mar 11 2012 01:56am)
Every religion has its radicals.
Particularly the three abrahamic ones.

No, it's primarily the muslims. The Jews and the Christians follow the bible, which tells them to live peaceably. It's the koran that commands to murder the infidels.
Gold: 1,551.00
Mar 10 2012 07:57pm
Quote (xfrodobagginsx @ Mar 10 2012 07:57pm)
No, it's primarily the muslims. The Jews and the Christians follow the bible, which tells them to live peaceably. It's the koran that commands to murder the infidels.

No, it isnt & you are a fool.
Retired Moderator
Gold: 0.00
Trader: Trusted
Mar 10 2012 07:58pm
Quote (xfrodobagginsx @ Mar 10 2012 09:48pm)
My response is in bold above.

1. Acts 2:38 was NOT talking about baptism of the Holy Spirit. It says -

38 Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

If you are being baptized by the Holy Spirit.. why do you not receive the Holy Spirit until AFTER baptism? Seems kind of odd no? They are two separate things. It also says "be baptized" for the forgiveness of your sins. So it seems as though our sins are not forgiven until then no? You are saying I am making more of the scriptures than what they say, but you are the one adding scripture that isn't there.

2. Do you believe Repentance is essential to salvation? If so Romans 10:9 mentions nothing about repentance..

That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

So based on your logic, since it isn't mentioned in that verse.. it's not needed?
Gold: 450.00
Mar 10 2012 07:59pm
Quote (xfrodobagginsx @ Mar 10 2012 07:57pm)
No, it's primarily the muslims.  The Jews and the Christians follow the bible, which tells them to live peaceably.  It's the koran that commands to murder the infidels.

Yes, it is primarily the muslims. The Jews and Christians are bad too, just not AS bad. You're also wrong when you suggest that it's only the Koron that makes abhorrent suggestions like "murdering infidels"
Gold: 152.00
Mar 10 2012 07:59pm
Quote (xfrodobagginsx @ Mar 10 2012 08:49pm)
Is that why the majority of them support terrorism when polled world wide?  Because they are peaceful?  The ones who are peaceful aren't following the koran.

Stop being ignorant or get off this forum with your hate.

Quote (PlasmaSnake101 @ Mar 10 2012 08:43pm)
That's interesting. I had a dream aw well. I had a dream that I was banging your mother.

Funny and oh-so-clever, just what is expected of an anarchist.

Quote (xfrodobagginsx @ Mar 10 2012 08:57pm)
No, it's primarily the muslims.  The Jews and the Christians follow the bible, which tells them to live peaceably.  It's the koran that commands to murder the infidels.

Please give the quotes in the Quran. No, actually, fuck you.
Retired Moderator
Mar 10 2012 08:02pm
Quote (Voyaging @ Mar 10 2012 09:59pm)
Stop being ignorant or get off this forum with your hate.

Funny and oh-so-clever, just what is expected of an anarchist.

Please give the quotes in the Quran. No, actually, fuck you.

Surah 9:5 - 9:5 Then, when the sacred months have passed, slay the idolaters wherever ye find them, and take them (captive), and besiege them, and prepare for them each ambush. But if they repent and establish worship and pay the poor-due, then leave their way free. Lo! Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.

But I do agree with you. I feel as though radical Muslims use this as a reasoning behind their violence which is taken out of context.
Mar 10 2012 08:03pm
Quote (Dune1 @ Mar 11 2012 01:58am)
1.  Acts 2:38 was NOT talking about baptism of the Holy Spirit.  It says -

38 Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

If you are being baptized by the Holy Spirit.. why do you not receive the Holy Spirit until AFTER baptism?  Seems kind of odd no?  They are two separate things.  It also says "be baptized" for the forgiveness of your sins.  So it seems as though our sins are not forgiven until then no?  You are saying I am making more of the scriptures than what they say, but you are the one adding scripture that isn't there.

2.  Do you believe Repentance is essential to salvation?  If so Romans 10:9 mentions nothing about repentance..

That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

So based on your logic, since it isn't mentioned in that verse.. it's not needed?

I believe that turning to Jesus Christ for salvation is repentance. What doesn't romans 10:9-10 meantion baptism? Because it's not necessary for salvation. Ac 16:30 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?
And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

When he asked them what he must do to be saved, was baptism meantioned? Nope. AFTER he believed, he was baptized, not for salvation, but as an act of obedience.

Retired Moderator
Mar 10 2012 08:06pm
Quote (xfrodobagginsx @ Mar 10 2012 10:03pm)
I believe that turning to Jesus Christ for salvation is repentance.  What doesn't romans 10:9-10 meantion baptism?  Because it's not necessary for salvation. Ac 16:30 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?
And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

When he asked them what he must do to be saved, was baptism meantioned?  Nope.  AFTER he believed, he was baptized, not for salvation, but as an act of obedience.

Again, you're refuting the bible with the bible. My point was that repentance was not mentioned in Romans or the verses you just posted, yet we know it is essential for salvation because the bible speaks of it in OTHER places. Also, BELIEF is not repentance. The demons believed in Jesus.. were they saved? You seem to be adding a lot to the bible that isn't there..
Mar 10 2012 08:06pm
Notice what was said to the eunuch. He is told that he must BELIEVE with all of his heart. After he confessed Christ and His belief, he was baptized.

Ac 8:36 And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?
And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.
And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him.
And when they were come up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord caught away Philip, that the eunuch saw him no more: and he went on his way rejoicing.
Gold: 152.00
Mar 10 2012 08:08pm
I think you guys want that hospital: http://forums.d2jsp.org/forum.php?f=125

This post was edited by Voyaging on Mar 10 2012 08:09pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev12345679Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll