d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Taxatation Is Theft 2024
Prev1234567Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 500.00
Feb 1 2024 09:21am
Quote (SBD @ Feb 1 2024 09:49am)
You must have knowledge of which countries are attractive if you need medical procedures, probably procedure pending.

Where can us Canadians go to get expedited procedures/surgery at a reasonable cost.

I don't need anything, but I watch those on the waitlist here and I dread the day I do need something done. Especially for non life threatening things like knee or hip replacements, the waitlist here is 5+ years in some provinces.

Medical tourism via India 🇮🇳 is the shit. Just don't ask where the kidney comes from when you need a kidney. They have a lot of people/spare parts over there.
Gold: 1.00
Warn: 10%
Feb 1 2024 09:27am
Quote (duffman316 @ Feb 1 2024 08:21am)
Medical tourism via India 🇮🇳 is the shit. Just don't ask where the kidney comes from when you need a kidney. They have a lot of people/spare parts over there.

Organ transplant is another one you hear a lot of horror stories about people dying waiting for one.

BUT, you will always hear the horror story over the good news story, that's true for virtually everything. People will almost always talk about the negatives over the positives, much like I am here.

The good news story being there's successful organ transplants everyday and people don't have to fork over their entire life savings and re-mortgage their home to afford it.

This post was edited by SBD on Feb 1 2024 09:27am
Gold: 4,946.71
Feb 1 2024 09:43am
Quote (SBD @ Feb 1 2024 09:20am)
Were stuck though by province. I cant pack my bags and use Nova Scotia health care if I reside elsewhere. In am emergency, yes, but those other procedures, no.

For instance if you reside in the provience of Saskatchewan you're hooped. If you're in BC you're looking at 1/4th the wait time of Sask. But a Sask resident cant just go to BC And use BC Provincial Health Care for electives.

Ultimately, for those that do have the financial means its why retirement province is often dictated by not just family but access to health care.

I agree that’s Definitely a flaw, no system is perfect

America you will overall get quality care, it just has the potential to financially ruin you
Gold: 260.11
Feb 1 2024 09:48am
Quote (Bazi @ Feb 1 2024 09:43am)
I agree that’s Definitely a flaw, no system is perfect

America you will overall get quality care, it just has the potential to financially ruin you

Best Healthcare system in the world for the portion that can afford it.
Gold: 516.73
Feb 1 2024 09:53am
just move out to berta, pay less tax and earn more
get out of ontario as soon as possible lmao.
Feb 1 2024 10:45am
Quote (Tear @ Feb 1 2024 08:53am)
just move out to berta, pay less tax and earn more
get out of ontario as soon as possible lmao.

Actually if you make close to the median income in the country , Ontario and BC and all three territories are cheaper from a provincial tax perspective, you do save on GST/HST.

At 50K for instance you're looking at around 15.91% average tax rate in berta while BC you're looking at 14.14, Ont. 14.09, etc.

Alberta only starts to be come cheaper from a income tax level once you start surpassing the 150K annual taxable income mark.

Really its housing in Alberta that is attractive. You can live close to Calgary, just outside Edmonton, hell even in Edmonton for sub 50% of what it would cost to live in the GTA, Vancouver, etc.

The same Alberta property in Rocky Mountain View would cost 30% more on the BC side if not more since the typical Alberta properties down in that area are multi-acre properties. Granted you're that much closer to a ski-hill and that type of mountain lifestyle on the BC side vs driving an extra 40mins to an hour.

I tell most young individuals who still want to live by a city to get out of the GTA and try Edmonton or Calgary where you can easily afford a starter home.

This post was edited by SBD on Feb 1 2024 10:59am
Gold: 1.66
Feb 1 2024 11:23am
I find it interesting that so many people are averse to taxation as a whole, believing society would be better operated via volunteerism and philanthropy. You really think society would function this way, given the interactions people have here in PaRD? There are people in PaRD who absolutely do not give 2 shits about you or your well-being, and some who would further take glee in your suffering.
Feb 1 2024 11:31am
Quote (Handcuffs @ Feb 1 2024 10:23am)
I find it interesting that so many people are averse to taxation as a whole, believing society would be better operated via volunteerism and philanthropy. You really think society would function this way, given the interactions people have here in PaRD? There are people in PaRD who absolutely do not give 2 shits about you or your well-being, and some who would further take glee in your suffering.

Your surrounding may also dictate. I live in a place of 78% unemployment, meanwhile there's tons of job vacancies but why work when you get a home for nominal $48 dollars per month rent, child tax payments, social security. You have all your major needs take care off and never have to work a day in your life.

I paid over 100K in taxes this year because I get up everyday and go to something I don't really even like so they can sit at home, perfectly sound fit people.

Am I for the abolishment of social security, social housing, child tax, etc. No. I am for the re-organization of its administration though, there's no enforcement for abuse, this includes EI, there's no structure forcing these people to act and eventually move away from those safety nets, its just here's your monthly money and a roof over your head , compliments of the guy who goes to work.

Quote (Jupe @ Feb 1 2024 10:31am)
I would gladly take glee in the suffering of free-riders

Honestly, same at this point. To a degree though, those that won't help themselves at all. CERB was the nail in the coffin for me. Every single person, employed or not applied and received monthly payments, all off the back of the honest person going to work funding this through tax dollars.

This post was edited by SBD on Feb 1 2024 11:34am
Gold: 2,420.00
Feb 1 2024 11:31am
Quote (Handcuffs @ Feb 1 2024 12:23pm)

I would gladly take glee in the suffering of free-riders
Gold: 260.11
Feb 1 2024 11:32am
Quote (Handcuffs @ Feb 1 2024 11:23am)

The reason humanity isn't gonna make it in the very long term is our inability to see very basic things beyond ourselves. Time and time again it's shown that people will pick the worse path for society as long as they aren't hurt as much as their neighbors. Being higher on the pole than others is prioritized even if the pole as a whole got lower.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1234567Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll