d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Trump 2016 > Trump Vs Clinton
Prev1298529862987298829893169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 11,407.33
May 31 2019 09:24am
Quote (Beowulf @ May 31 2019 11:12am)
When Graham hacks for the President for political gain and when he attacks the left and democrats to try to end up on youtube compilations do you interrupt the right wing celebration to point out his war mongering ways and say similar things that you have said about McCain here today?

Someone without the POW record of McCain

No I dont interrupt the youtube compilation to say Graham is a warmonger. you got me! :bonk:
Thats not a standard I apply to McCain either.

ah right the POW record. Trying to shield a POS from just criticism because he was in the military.

If someone were to criticize Graham for his warmongering or pretend its a big deal if his name was covered up i would not support Graham, and I certainly wouldn't falsely accuse people who criticize him of being unprincipled like some scumbag would do.

Gold: 28,296.75
May 31 2019 09:26am
Quote (cambovenzi @ May 31 2019 08:24am)
No I dont interrupt the youtube compilation to say Graham is a warmonger. you got me! :bonk:
Thats not a standard I apply to McCain either.

ah right the POW record. Trying to shield a POS from just criticism because he was in the military.

If someone were to criticize Graham for his warmongering or pretend its a big deal if his name was covered up i would not support Graham, and I certainly wouldn't falsely accuse people who criticize him of being unprincipled like some scumbag would do.

It's not a shield it is part of the whole

Gold: 12,730.67
May 31 2019 10:02am
Quote (cambovenzi @ May 31 2019 07:04am)
I have been exceptionally and consistently principled.

Criticizing warmongers is not against my principles.
Thinking wars of aggression are a much bigger issue than covering up someones name on a ship is also perfectly consistent with my principles.

Lying about me is not a good argument.
Where did i say anything goes against anyone i disagree with?
where did i say all behavior of people i support is justified?
more lies from someone who doesn't want to address my actual positions. scummy

You do seem to go after McCain more than other people but I don't doubt your principles here. I don't think it's really fair to single him out when there are so many other legislators and members of the executive branch who are complicit. Compound that with the fact that his constituency largely agrees with him. We all share some guilt (directly or indirectly).
Gold: 11,407.33
May 31 2019 11:03am
Quote (thundercock @ May 31 2019 12:02pm)
You do seem to go after McCain more than other people but I don't doubt your principles here. I don't think it's really fair to single him out when there are so many other legislators and members of the executive branch who are complicit. Compound that with the fact that his constituency largely agrees with him. We all share some guilt (directly or indirectly).

Appreciate it.
Its a fair observation that i criticize McCain more than others and I agree that there are many other people who are also complicit.

From my perspective there are a few reasons why I criticize him more than others recently.

1. He was a particularly bad warmonger.
There are decades of angry calls for regime change and intervention in many countries.
He was a leading voice that led to intervention and counterproductive slaughter of countless innocents in many instances.
War in Iraq(twice), Syria, Libya. He wanted a US ground war in Kosovo.
He wanted war with North Korea.
He wanted war with Iran and often joked and sung about bombing them in between literal serious calls to do so.
He also wanted US military intervention in several other countries.

MotherJones(a despicable outlet in its own right, but besides the point here) made this map in 2013 referencing direct quotes.

He called peace protesters "lowlife scum" and said he had "never seen anything as disgraceful and outrageous and despicable" when they protested Henry Kissinger at a senate committee hearing.
video evidence: https://twitter.com/BenjaminNorton/status/1033536754874241024

2. His countless spats with liberty-supporters and unjust demonization of them.
They made me more aware of what he was and made me hate him more.
On the debate stage in the 2008 cycle he said this about Ron Paul recognizing that the Iraq War was a bad policy and wanting to bring the troops home:

I just want to also say that Congressman Paul, I’ve heard him now in many debates talk about bringing our troops home, and about the war in Iraq and how it’s failed.

And I want to tell you that that kind of isolationism, sir, is what caused World War II. We allowed…

We allowed — we allowed Hitler to come to power with that kind of attitude of isolationism and appeasement.

video evidence:

10 years later He accused Rand Paul of working for Russia because he disagreed with him about NATO expansion.

An unhinged and uniquely despicable man.

3. He gets brought up a ton in the media, often in a good light.
His spats with Trump and his protection of Obamacare have led many on the left/media to lionize him and exalt him as some hero.
As such there are more relevant opportunities to criticize him, and widespread false praise is a big motivator for me to speak up.
Gold: 28,296.75
May 31 2019 11:25am
Quote (cambovenzi @ May 31 2019 10:03am)

His spats with Trump and his protection of Obamacare have led many on the left/media to lionize him and exalt him as some hero.
As such there are more relevant opportunities to criticize him, and widespread false praise is a big motivator for me to speak up.

Exaggerations of the position to excuse poor behavior by the President

a majority of people like me that say let the man fight his cancer in peace and die in peace and rest in peace and allow his family to mourn without bullshit manbaby attacks by a person that is not criticizing him for his warmongering he criticizes him because he is ultra sensitive about everything and lashes out constantly

as I've said countless times I didn't agree with him on most things and I am very critical of his pro war mentality but it doesn't excuse cruelty to the family and friends suffering from their loss, it contributes to a very divided country that constantly demonize each other to where a United States Senator that did what he did while a POW now cannot rest in peace because the President of the United States can't just let it go. That's a real negative place for this country to be in and people like to say "Trump doesn't cause it he is just a symptom" and that ain't true when his ass is out there all the time doing unnecessary shit like what he did and continues to do to the McCain family for the last 4 years

All decency and humanity should not be set aside because you disagree with or don't like people. This has never been about worshiping the man or all of his actions it's about doing the decent thing and letting it go when a person is sick, when they are dying, and after they have passed.
Gold: 2,504.69
May 31 2019 11:27am
Quote (cambovenzi @ May 31 2019 11:03am)
Appreciate it.
Its a fair observation that i criticize McCain more than others and I agree that there are many other people who are also complicit.

it's fair, and fairly moot. McCain was by far the most prominent sabre rattler left when he passed. HRC was sent to exile, whom you also constantly and fairly criticize.

to an anti-war person such as yourself he's the most obvious target, especially when he spent his last days in congress railing against the pullout of Troops in Syria, which stunk of his previous warmongering as much as his disdain for Trump personally.

me personally i have a split view of Johnie Mac. war activity, hero status. congressional service, somewhat understandable warmongering given his history. Election vs Obama, really stand up guy. Spats with Trump, mostly shit flinging but I'm ok with his stand on Obamacare given his constituency.

This post was edited by thesnipa on May 31 2019 11:29am
Gold: 2,617.52
May 31 2019 06:20pm
Looks like Mueller finally exposed his bias.

Your job is to run an investigation you fuck wit, not to serve your own dumb political idealogies. Fucking Hoover pt II.
Gold: 1,551.00
May 31 2019 09:00pm
Gold: 107.77
May 31 2019 09:34pm
Gold: 1,551.00
May 31 2019 10:00pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1298529862987298829893169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll