d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Trump 2016 > Trump Vs Clinton
Prev1298429852986298729883169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 28,296.75
May 30 2019 06:33pm

Fox video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbtGa3xdnJ0

President Donald Trump insisted Thursday he had nothing to do with keeping the USS John S. McCain hidden from the site of his weekend speech in Japan. He said whoever had done so was “well-meaning.”

“I wasn’t involved. I would not have done that. I was very angry with John McCain because he killed health care,” Trump said, referring to the late senator’s deciding vote that killed a Senate GOP bill to repeal the Affordable Care Act.

“I was not a big fan of John McCain in any way, shape or form,” Trump continued in comments to reporters on the South Lawn of the White House. “Now, somebody did it because they thought I didn’t like him, OK? And they were well-meaning. I will say, I didn’t know anything about it. I would never have done that.”

Trump’s second denial came after The Wall Street Journal reported Wednesday that the White House wanted the Navy to move the destroyer “out of sight,” citing an email between military officials. The ship is named for the late Arizona senator and his father and grandfather, who were admirals. Trump initially denied any knowledge of the effort in a tweet Wednesday night.

The Navy’s top officer, Adm. John Richardson, said in an interview with The Washington Post that he was still gathering facts about what happened and promised to cooperate with Shanahan’s investigation.

“It goes without saying” that service members are expected to remain apolitical, Richardson said.

“Part of this trust and confidence that we have not only up and down the chain of command but also just as importantly with the American people is that we do support and defend the Constitution of the United States,” he said in his office at the Pentagon. “We are apolitical by nature, and so that needs to be maintained.”

If there was direction from the White House on the issue, “it would not be a surprise” if the Navy personnel involved sought to carry it out, Richardson said.

“We are obviously going to take that direction very, very seriously,” he added. “But I really need to understand the sequence of events.”

If the secretary of defense or the secretary of the Navy did not know about the directive, then they are failing to protect their uniformed personnel from an “imperial” White House staff, Collins added.

“This is a very bad precedent,” Collins said, referring to Shanahan’s acknowledgment that he did not know about the order.

Kori N. Schake, deputy director general of the International Institute for Strategic Studies and co-editor with Mattis of a book about civil-military relations, said that the incident should raise concern but that it is too early to say where responsibility rests or how serious it is.

Apart from possible chain-of-command issues, Schake said that liaison officers in the White House may have been trying to make a difficult president’s visit go smoothly and Pentagon officials may have been trying to comply — “ending up compromising the professionalism of everyone involved.”

The McCain saga continues
Gold: 2,617.52
May 30 2019 08:48pm
TWO FUCKING SCOOPS
Gold: 11,407.33
May 31 2019 08:42am
Quote (Beowulf @ May 30 2019 08:33pm)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YT6vkZiBokA

Fox video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbtGa3xdnJ0

https://i.imgur.com/Zj3jjqa.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/jzAGHsm.jpg

The McCain saga continues

I wouldn't mind if he exhumed McCain's corpse and used it as a lawn ornament.
May 31 2019 08:42am
Quote (cambovenzi @ May 31 2019 07:42am)
I wouldn't mind if he exhumed McCain's corpse and used it as a lawn ornament.

this surprises zero people

thanks for sharing
May 31 2019 08:45am
Quote (Beowulf @ May 31 2019 10:42am)
this surprises zero people

thanks for sharing

won't anyone think of the warmongers!?! his name was covered up!

This post was edited by cambovenzi on May 31 2019 08:45am
May 31 2019 08:49am
Quote (cambovenzi @ May 31 2019 07:45am)
won't anyone think of the warmongers!?! his name was covered up!

This is about lack of decency and character from a candidate/President and has been since Trump started attacking him in 2015

You guys always take the warmonger route to excuse your King but the reality has shown to be that you actually are fine with war mongers as long as they publicly jerk off said King
May 31 2019 08:55am
Quote (Beowulf @ May 31 2019 10:49am)
This is about lack of decency and character from a candidate/President and has been since Trump started attacking him in 2015

You guys always take the warmonger route to excuse your King but the reality has shown to be that you actually are fine with war mongers as long as they publicly jerk off said King

Some people here actually have principled opposition to the worst politicians.

low IQ attempts to pretend dislike of McCain has to do with wanting to excuse trump..

Which warmongers am i fine with? Another lie from chief firepants.

McCain was a particularly disgusting politician who consistently sought out war and accused people who disagreed with him of being Russian agents.
No amount of lying about me will change the truth of why i dislike him so much.

Trump being (apparently falsely) accused of covering up his name on a ship is a non-issue.

This post was edited by cambovenzi on May 31 2019 08:57am
May 31 2019 08:58am
Quote (cambovenzi @ May 31 2019 07:55am)
Some people here actually have principled opposition to the worst politicians.

low IQ attempts to pretend dislike of McCain has to do with wanting to excuse trump..

Which warmongers am i fine with? Another lie from chief firepants.

McCain was a particularly disgusting politician who consistently sought out war and accused people who disagreed with him of being Russian agents.
No amount of lying about me will change the truth of why i dislike him so much.

Cool story bro

I've said for 4 years straight that I disagreed with him on nearly everything and my position of war has been made very clear here

Your main issue is that you think once you disagree with someone passionately and once you label them terrible anything goes and all your behavior or the behavior of those you support is excusable and justified

it is not, if you want to remain principled

This post was edited by Beowulf on May 31 2019 09:00am
May 31 2019 09:04am
Quote (Beowulf @ May 31 2019 10:58am)
Cool story bro

I've said for 4 years straight that I disagreed with him on nearly everything and my position of war has been made very clear here

Your main issue is that you think once you disagree with someone passionately and once you label them terrible anything goes and all your behavior or the behavior of those you support is excusable and justified

it is not, if you want to remain principled

I have been exceptionally and consistently principled.

Criticizing warmongers is not against my principles.
Thinking wars of aggression are a much bigger issue than covering up someones name on a ship is also perfectly consistent with my principles.

Lying about me is not a good argument.
Where did i say anything goes against anyone i disagree with?
where did i say all behavior of people i support is justified?
more lies from someone who doesn't want to address my actual positions. scummy

This post was edited by cambovenzi on May 31 2019 09:04am
May 31 2019 09:12am
Quote (cambovenzi @ May 31 2019 08:04am)
I have been exceptionally and consistently principled.

Criticizing warmongers is not against my principles.
Thinking wars of aggression are a much bigger issue than covering up someones name on a ship is also perfectly consistent with my principles.

Lying about me is not a good argument.
Where did i say anything goes against anyone i disagree with?
where did i say all behavior of people i support is justified?
more lies from someone who doesn't want to address my actual positions. scummy

When Graham hacks for the President for political gain and when he attacks the left and democrats to try to end up on youtube compilations do you interrupt the right wing celebration to point out his war mongering ways and say similar things that you have said about McCain here today?

Someone without the POW record of McCain
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1298429852986298729883169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll