d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Trump 2016 > Trump Vs Clinton
Prev1298229832984298529863169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 260.11
May 30 2019 09:58am
Quote (thesnipa @ May 30 2019 09:48am)
i bring up pretty basic facts about MTG with a smile, you have nothing to add and go right into "you're triggered, you're mad, you're butthurt" etc

aka fender level behavior. everyone's shocked...

i would ask how many years in a row i need to post with full on aggro on literally every topic that i'm not clearly trolling on to stop hearing this. but ive encountered dumb people for 10 years so i just accept its the hack response to not having anything of value to say.

i can toss you a few more insults if it helps you think im just mad and you're not wrong about the basics. would that help lil guy?

Definitely takes a huge assumption to assume Goom cares about something he interjects into the conversation about mechanics with picture examples and now lore text examples.

Also its been on the incel talk list for like a year or more now, coming up with the people he parrots from like Sargon and other alt right voices.

But yeah, total stretch to say he cares about it.
Gold: 2,504.69
May 30 2019 10:04am
Quote (Thor123422 @ May 30 2019 09:58am)
Definitely takes a huge assumption to assume Goom cares about something he interjects into the conversation about mechanics with picture examples and now lore text examples.

Also its been on the incel talk list for like a year or more now, coming up with the people he parrots from like Sargon and other alt right voices.

But yeah, total stretch to say he cares about it.

so you're now in a corner like a 12 year old acting like it's uncool to care about things. congrats, this is where not thinking leads you. what next, call anyone who cares about MTG at any level a "nerd"?

watch out for this guy boys. he's in the cool guy non-virgin club. ask him what a boob feels like.
May 30 2019 10:06am
Quote (thesnipa @ May 30 2019 10:04am)
so you're now in a corner like a 12 year old acting like it's uncool to care about things. congrats, this is where not thinking leads you. what next, call anyone who cares about MTG at any level a "nerd"?

watch out for this guy boys. he's in the cool guy non-virgin club. ask him what a boob feels like.

Nope, just that thinking about menial crap like titties on cards is dumb. Specifically interjecting aesthetics into a discussion about the mechanical state of the game.

I get it though, you arent gonna actually read what I posted for content. Just to defend a group member.
May 30 2019 10:15am
Quote (Thor123422 @ May 30 2019 10:06am)
Nope, just that thinking about menial crap like titties on cards is dumb. Specifically interjecting aesthetics into a discussion about the mechanical state of the game.

I get it though, you arent gonna actually read what I posted for content. Just to defend a group member.

you're jumping over a step.

caring about menial crap like titties on cards is a bit silly, thus why does MTG care?

you can't defend MTG caring so much that they make a clear pivot while also condemning someone for caring enough to make a post about it. at least not while remaining logical.

you're not being critical, you're thirsty for some goomblood.

it's almost like i read your posts and then brought up counter points about how the specific changes we're discussing wont bring in more people, again for specific reasons i cited. and that i was addressing your posts all along before you tapped out with a "you said mean thing, you're triggered, so i can stop trying".

This post was edited by thesnipa on May 30 2019 10:15am
May 30 2019 10:18am
Quote (thesnipa @ May 30 2019 10:15am)
you're jumping over a step.

caring about menial crap like titties on cards is a bit silly, thus why does MTG care?

you can't defend MTG caring so much that they make a clear pivot while also condemning someone for caring enough to make a post about it. at least not while remaining logical.

you're not being critical, you're thirsty for some goomblood.

it's almost like i read your posts and then brought up counter points about how the specific changes we're discussing wont bring in more people, again for specific reasons i cited. and that i was addressing your posts all along before you tapped out with a "you said mean thing, you're triggered, so i can stop trying".

MTG cares because it keeps a group of people out. If those people care about it I also think thats dumb, but MTG has a great non-titty reason to care about the aesthetics.

They can work on multiple things at once, and the easiest thing to change will happen first. So even if this isnt an effective step on its own they could very well be working on other things in the background.
May 30 2019 10:24am
Quote (Thor123422 @ May 30 2019 10:18am)
MTG cares because it keeps a group of people out. If those people care about it I also think thats dumb, but MTG has a great non-titty reason to care about the aesthetics.

They can work on multiple things at once, and the easiest thing to change will happen first. So even if this isnt an effective step on its own they could very well be working on other things in the background.

if the topic was D&D i would agree 100% that an inclusive approach is worthwhile. D&D is popular all of a sudden in pop culture.

MTG is stagnant, and they know it's not going to do anything longterm but slowly slump into nonexistence. Cam seems to have the right of it, directional change at Wizards, for political reasons as well as some financial motivation, seem to be permeating beyond the zone of their effectiveness.

no one, and by that i mean maybe 1% of the population, plays or doesnt play based on art work. the effect would be so menial.

the game is help up by fantasy nerd strategy players who almost entirely play out of nostalgia. an inclusive approach to try and get new players, 26 years in, is a silly concept to me. let's change diablo 2 so that u can select a gender for your player but the artwork stays the same.
Gold: 4,404.67
May 30 2019 10:25am
*sigh*

----

let's try something else:
one greater trend that I notice is the following: there are a shitton of businesses whose core audience is adolescent and young adult males, and whose business model had been stable for years or even decades. for some strange reason, they feel compelled to betray the core identity of their successful product in pursuit of more female and/or more diverse customers which realistically are extremely unlikely to ever become as loyal customers as their current ones. They willingly risk alienating their core audience chasing a new audience. It's as if they are ashamed for the demographics of their current customer base.

This trend happened or is still happening with McDonalds and fast food in general (remember the futile attempts of McD to position itself as a vegan- and family-friendly upscale restaurant type of thing), MTG, almost all video games, superhero movies and series (just think of the horrible sjw pandering in Supergirl from season 2 onwards... jesus fucking christ is it miserable), pro wrestling, and many more.

It's clearly as if all those corporations whose core product or audience are young males feel a strong stigma; as if it is no longer acceptable to market certain products to "male nerds" or "male neckbeards". Why the hell is that, and when did this trend start?

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on May 30 2019 10:25am
Gold: 0.00
May 30 2019 10:28am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ May 30 2019 08:25am)
*sigh*

----

let's try something else:
one greater trend that I notice is the following: there are a shitton of businesses whose core audience is adolescent and young adult males, and whose business model had been stable for years or even decades. for some strange reason, they feel compelled to betray the core identity of their successful product in pursuit of more female and/or more diverse customers which realistically are extremely unlikely to ever become as loyal customers as their current ones. They willingly risk alienating their core audience chasing a new audience. It's as if they are ashamed for the demographics of their current customer base.

This trend happened or is still happening with McDonalds and fast food in general (remember the futile attempts of McD to position itself as a vegan- and family-friendly upscale restaurant type of thing), MTG, almost all video games, superhero movies and series (just think of the horrible sjw pandering in Supergirl from season 2 onwards... jesus fucking christ is it miserable), pro wrestling, and many more.

It's clearly as if all those corporations whose core product or audience are young males feel a strong stigma; as if it is no longer acceptable to market certain products to "male nerds" or "male neckbeards". Why the hell is that, and when did this trend start?

Geek culture is in. Gotta' get in on the cash cow.
May 30 2019 10:30am
Quote (thesnipa @ May 30 2019 10:24am)
if the topic was D&D i would agree 100% that an inclusive approach is worthwhile. D&D is popular all of a sudden in pop culture.

MTG is stagnant, and they know it's not going to do anything longterm but slowly slump into nonexistence. Cam seems to have the right of it, directional change at Wizards, for political reasons as well as some financial motivation, seem to be permeating beyond the zone of their effectiveness.

no one, and by that i mean maybe 1% of the population, plays or doesnt play based on art work. the effect would be so menial.

the game is help up by fantasy nerd strategy players who almost entirely play out of nostalgia. an inclusive approach to try and get new players, 26 years in, is a silly concept to me. let's change diablo 2 so that u can select a gender for your player but the artwork stays the same.

Maybe it won't be effective, but it's the easiest to change going forward. It literally requires no investment, just a top call to stop drawing titties. They have a clear and reasonable motivation and a ton of alt right people got triggered over it who probably dont even play (does goom even play?) So I find it hilarious every time I hear about the "controversy".
Gold: 28,296.75
May 30 2019 10:30am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1298229832984298529863169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll