d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Trump 2020 > Trump Vs. Pack O' Dems
Prev1297298299300301983Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 12.79
Mar 29 2020 05:02pm
Quote (dro94 @ Mar 29 2020 06:59pm)
No one denies that printing money is inflationary but it's all about the trade off. You accept higher inflation down the line to prevent massive unemployment and business failure now.

It creates a poor incentive structure bailing out businesses but most of them are SME's that have been decimated due to a virus destroying demand, not through regular market forces. It's not like these businesses made bad decisions, so give them the loans and let's see how they do when normal market conditions resume.

No, there are a lot of morons. Also I don't accept your premise, but it doesn't really matter because we're all shutdown anyways.
Mar 29 2020 05:05pm
Quote (thundercock @ Mar 29 2020 07:00pm)
The entire economy isn't shut down and people have enough for the next couple months. Are you not producing economic output during these times?

Do you know what's worse than what we have now? Destroying consumer confidence and creating mass panic due hundreds of thousands (maybe millions) dying.

Yes, not literally the entire economy. Only like 90% of it, better? What people have enough for the next couple months? I have enough for the next however long, most people do not. How many people do you know that have thousands and thousands of dollars saved up. Am I not producing economic output? No most of my crap is shut down minus a contract job.

Do you know what's worse than hundred of thousands dying? Hundreds of millions wishing they were dead.
Gold: 12,730.67
Mar 29 2020 05:21pm
Quote (LA-Leviathan @ Mar 29 2020 04:05pm)
Yes, not literally the entire economy. Only like 90% of it, better? What people have enough for the next couple months? I have enough for the next however long, most people do not. How many people do you know that have thousands and thousands of dollars saved up. Am I not producing economic output? No most of my crap is shut down minus a contract job.

Do you know what's worse than hundred of thousands dying? Hundreds of millions wishing they were dead.

It's not 90%. Do you think GDP is going to be down 90% during the 2nd quarter? That's ridiculous.

Maybe you don't pay attention to the news, but small businesses, corporations, and people got a bailout that should cover them for the time being. Hundreds of millions aren't going to wish they are dead, why are you being so dramatic?
Mar 29 2020 05:27pm
Quote (thundercock @ Mar 29 2020 07:21pm)
It's not 90%. Do you think GDP is going to be down 90% during the 2nd quarter? That's ridiculous.

Maybe you don't pay attention to the news, but small businesses, corporations, and people got a bailout that should cover them for the time being. Hundreds of millions aren't going to wish they are dead, why are you being so dramatic?

Maybe, we'll see. Free money is never good.

If the government keeps everyone shut down then there's two options.
a) print more money and end up like Venezuela
b) don't print money, watch as unemployment hits 40%+ as businesses continue to run bare bones / not at all and watch the dominos fall. It's not dramatic at all it's a very real possibility which is only possible due to big government. Once again, government fucks up everything. Hopefully they'll just fuck it up minorly.
Gold: 14,125.00
Mar 29 2020 05:33pm
Quote (thundercock @ Mar 29 2020 07:21pm)

Someone posted a video of Italy with people essentially mobbing a store, another guy arguing with a cop says he has no money and his family doesn't have any food left, that'll be reality everywhere given enough time.

I think we'll be fine for the next few weeks, but if this was to last for more than a month or two you could see mass scale rioting, violence, crime, etc. April 30th is a good target for now. If we keep extending we'll have to keep giving people subsequent 1200 dollars every once in a awhile.
Gold: 2,620.00
Mar 29 2020 07:16pm
Quote (EndlessSky @ 29 Mar 2020 14:13)
Its bait for the retarded media.

Even if we assume this idea against almost all evidence based on Trump's previous behavior and public statements, it's still extremely poor leadership during this time.

Quote (dro94 @ 29 Mar 2020 16:43)
Is this a new low? I think it might be.

https://imgur.com/dMNwovo.jpg

It's tough to say. There is a lot of competition. But it's in the mix for sure.
Gold: 10,485.00
Mar 29 2020 10:15pm
Quote (ThatAlex @ Mar 29 2020 09:16pm)
Even if we assume this idea against almost all evidence based on Trump's previous behavior and public statements, it's still extremely poor leadership during this time.

It's tough to say. There is a lot of competition. But it's in the mix for sure.

"Actions" speak louder than words my friend.
Gold: 260.11
Mar 29 2020 11:00pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ Mar 29 2020 06:33pm)
Someone posted a video of Italy with people essentially mobbing a store, another guy arguing with a cop says he has no money and his family doesn't have any food left, that'll be reality everywhere given enough time.

I think we'll be fine for the next few weeks, but if this was to last for more than a month or two you could see mass scale rioting, violence, crime, etc. April 30th is a good target for now. If we keep extending we'll have to keep giving people subsequent 1200 dollars every once in a awhile.

We won't have an issue with supply, even with the run on the stores the last few weeks my grocery stores never had empty shelves, except a few choice items like cereal.

But it's gonna be a weird time when people can't afford food even though there's plenty on the shelves.
Gold: 4,404.67
Mar 29 2020 11:36pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ 30 Mar 2020 07:00)
We won't have an issue with supply, even with the run on the stores the last few weeks my grocery stores never had empty shelves, except a few choice items like cereal.

But it's gonna be a weird time when people can't afford food even though there's plenty on the shelves.

The looting in Southern Italy is mostly a result of Italy's organizational failures. In the poor south of the country, too many people dont have the cushion to cope with a loss of their income due to the shutdown. It was predictable that there would be no other option than cutting checks directly to the people - but the government didnt act quick enough.

So the looting is caused by poverty coupled with a clumsy, disorganized state, not by an actual shortage of food supply.

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Mar 29 2020 11:36pm
Gold: 5,016.77
Mar 30 2020 07:19am
https://twitter.com/Robert_E_Kelly/status/1244531354156429312

He doesn’t have the intellectual drive, the attention span, the focus to do the POTUS job much less to seriously crisis-manage. That’s why he wanted to end the whole thing at Easter. He’s bored & obviously out of his depth. Corona is pushing him to work - instead of watching TV, rage-tweeting, golfing, MAGA rallying - and he hates it. T just doesn’t want to do the actual job, and it’s painfully obvious in these wandering, bizarre, combative, non-informative pressers.

Yep. He's a pundit and campaigner, not really a president.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1297298299300301983Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll