d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Trump 2016 > Trump Vs Clinton
Prev1296529662967296829693169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 5,016.77
Gold: 2,504.69
May 24 2019 07:58am
Quote (IceMage @ May 24 2019 07:42am)

deleted for potential NSFW

#FreeTheNipple

This post was edited by thesnipa on May 24 2019 08:05am
Gold: 5,016.77
May 24 2019 08:02am
inb4 20%
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
May 24 2019 08:03am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ 24 May 2019 14:08)
in general, I dont even disagree with your conclusion that the republicans wont be able to forever inflate their political power beyond their popular appeal. what I highly disagree with is the notion that they are the villains and the only ones willing to leverage those features of the american political system to their advantage. at the end of the day, they are simply more successful with it in recent years.

it's funny, when i point out an obvious suggestion of yours, you insist that you 'didn't say and mean' that (apparently you just wanted to state a fact that literally everyone is aware of but that is completely irrelevant to the point), but at the same time you misinterpret my point by suggesting things i never said nor implied. double standards much?

to be clear: no, republicans are obviously NOT the only ones historically abusing flaws in the system, but they are most definitely the ones that benefit significantly more from it today, and most importantly: they are still actively pursuing those strategies (concerning voter disenfranchisement) and trying to uphold unjust advantages (gerrymandering), while dems are trying to fight both.

that being said, i'm glad you remembered the greater point i was making about the future of the parties (even though this basic truth about gaming the system apparently triggered a whole lot of people)...

Quote (thesnipa @ 24 May 2019 14:04)
i'll tell you the same thing i tell my wife. making "jokes" where you're just trying to make a "point" aren't funny. it's just you being a nag with a sarcastic tone that you really mean wholeheartedly.

I'd like to get right on dinner but the dishes are in the way! HAHAHAH isn't that a funny joke. hhahahahaha. you should load the dishwasher tho in all seriousness i know i said i was joking but for real tho, there's like zero counter space.

"you can't even take a joke without being triggered" was a statement, not a challenge...

Quote (cambovenzi @ 24 May 2019 13:58)
republicans used a time machine and snuck the electoral college into the system. dont backpeddle and deny it now.

its a fact that both sides have used gerrymandering, even if Republican dominance in 2010 allowed them to redraw districts before a 2012 study.

Overall this is another deflection away from recognizing the fact that many people have legitimately held views that are opposed to those of the leftist factions you prefer.
its this sneaky electoral college and gerrymandering and VOTER SUPPRESSION!! instead of admitting the truth.

somehow its the people who correct your falsehoods that are the bad guys yet again, in your mind anyways.

yet another example of your inability to engage in good faith arguments. even after i admitted to bad phrasing of the issue and clarified what my point was about (even though to reasonably intelligent people it should have been quite obvious), you insist on arguing the flawed framing of the issue rather than its political relevance.

it's simply a fact that republicans are the main beneficiaries and abusers of flawed and outright unjust elements in the system, so i guess semantics is all that's left for you...
May 24 2019 08:06am
Quote (fender @ May 24 2019 08:03am)
it's funny, when i point out an obvious suggestion of yours, you insist that you 'didn't say and mean' that

Quote (thesnipa @ May 24 2019 07:14am)
"you didn't say it, but I am smart enough to know you meant it. and since i'm a genius and called out your cowardice in not admitting it, you're now running scared and on the defense. you're lying now when you explain exactly what you think, because I already know what you think. I'm winning now because you're lying."

literally every conversation with Fender.

what you say doesn't matter, he's got you figured out.

Thesnipa 100% loves trump, even though he wont say it - Fender

Thesnipa is a fake centrist all he posts is anti-Trump stories - Ghot

the fact that these two read each other's posts, yet dont change course, should show how little they actually reassess anything.

inb4'd with ease.
Gold: 11,407.33
May 24 2019 08:14am
Quote (fender @ May 24 2019 10:03am)

yet another example of your inability to engage in good faith arguments. even after i admitted to bad phrasing of the issue and clarified what my point was about (even though to reasonably intelligent people it should have been quite obvious), you insist on arguing the flawed framing of the issue rather than its political relevance.

it's simply a fact that republicans are the main beneficiaries and abusers of flawed and outright unjust elements in the system, so i guess semantics is all that's left for you...

There was nothing bad faith about what i said.
Yes i poked fun at you saying something stupid while you were trying to demonize and marginalize opposition, and I proceeded to provide additional factual information that addressed and refuted more of what you said.

You not liking the fact that I make factual points that make you look stupid and wrong doesn't mean its a problem on my end.
Im not obligated to operate within your comfort zone or only provide facts that support your narrative.

You made the affirmative claim that republicans were "sneaking in" a number of criteria that have been around for centuries.

You are certainly entitled to have the opinion that the electoral college is "outright unjust" but you aren't entitled to your own facts.

You were unequivocally wrong on a number and points and proceeded to call other people gullible fools and a host of other insults.
Poor character.
May 24 2019 08:22am
Quote (cambovenzi @ May 24 2019 08:14am)
There was nothing bad faith about what i said.
Yes i poked fun at you saying something stupid while you were trying to demonize and marginalize opposition, and I proceeded to provide additional factual information that addressed and refuted more of what you said.

You not liking the fact that I make factual points that make you look stupid and wrong doesn't mean its a problem on my end.
Im not obligated to operate within your comfort zone or only provide facts that support your narrative.

You made the affirmative claim that republicans were "sneaking in" a number of criteria that have been around for centuries.

You are certainly entitled to have the opinion that the electoral college is "outright unjust" but you aren't entitled to your own facts.

You were unequivocally wrong on a number and points and proceeded to call other people gullible fools and a host of other insults.
Poor character.

"just a joke man, learn to take a joke" - said fender, who has never in his entire life taken a joke.
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
May 24 2019 12:54pm
to be clear: no, republicans are obviously NOT the only ones historically abusing flaws in the system, but they are most definitely the ones that benefit significantly more from it today, and most importantly: they are still actively pursuing those strategies (concerning voter disenfranchisement) and trying to uphold unjust advantages (gerrymandering), while dems are trying to fight both.

it's simply a fact that republicans are the main beneficiaries and abusers of flawed and outright unjust elements in the system today.

feel free to make arguments addressing that when you're finished fantasising about me...
Gold: 3.33
May 24 2019 01:08pm
Quote (thesnipa @ May 24 2019 03:22pm)
"just a joke man, learn to take a joke" - said fender, who has never in his entire life taken a joke.

lol. i have sometimes wondered how he functions in daily life
May 24 2019 01:13pm
Quote (fender @ May 24 2019 12:54pm)

it's simply a fact that republicans are the main beneficiaries and abusers of flawed and outright unjust elements in the system today.

feel free to make arguments addressing that when you're finished fantasising about me...

no one's even arguing against it. you said a dumb thing, we made a joke. you then got so triggered you spent a few pages challenging people to a strawman debate.

we all know the GOP gerrymander's more. we all know Bush and Trump got wins from the electoral college and not the popular vote. you're just citing basic facts then implying people disagree because people roasted you for a post that implied the GOP invented the electoral college 100 years before they existed.

you're like a guy who fell on his own shoelace, people laughed, and you spent the next 5 mins challenging them to a fight. tie your shoe and move on.

Quote (dro94 @ May 24 2019 01:08pm)
lol. i have sometimes wondered how he functions in daily life

most likely with a few hot pocket breaks because mommies worried how long he's been in his room on that damn d2j again.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1296529662967296829693169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll