d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Trump 2016 > Trump Vs Clinton
Prev1295229532954295529563169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 4,404.67
May 13 2019 01:57pm
Quote (Goomshill @ 13 May 2019 21:48)
I just don't get it
Keith Ellison has been in politics for a good long time and managed to avoid major fuck-up's and his only scandals came from journalists digging up the dirt from his more radical associations in his youth and his attempts to suppress those links to this day. And beating his girlfriend, that too. It was never about Keith Ellison spouting Farrakhan lines and echoing neo-Nazis and engaging in blood libel, it was just old fashioned skeletons in his closet he couldn't keep buried.
But then the insane fuckers in the democratic party advanced a woman who literally married her own brother and a sharia-law apologist and they both spout anti-semitic stuff on a weekly basis.

There are millions of muslims in the US, surely they could have found someone more competent

But the DNC doesnt have unilateral control over the nominating process. The primary voters have a large influence in this as well, and the party leadership wont be able to prevent a candidate from being nominated with all the money in the world if the constituents in his/her district really want that particular candidate. Also, blatantly interfering in a primary process can backfire badly.

Omar's district, MN 5th, is home to the largest Somali community in the country, they are a massive voting bloc in this district. Perhaps they backed Omar precisely because of the things she says and believes in. Perhaps the ideology and policy positions of Omar are not an aberration, perhaps they are perfectly in sync with what the majority of her community in her districts wants. Now, that is the really scary take on the situation, isnt it?

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on May 13 2019 01:58pm
Gold: 10,485.00
May 13 2019 01:58pm
Quote (Goomshill @ May 13 2019 03:48pm)
I just don't get it
Keith Ellison has been in politics for a good long time and managed to avoid major fuck-up's and his only scandals came from journalists digging up the dirt from his more radical associations in his youth and his attempts to suppress those links to this day. And beating his girlfriend, that too. It was never about Keith Ellison spouting Farrakhan lines and echoing neo-Nazis and engaging in blood libel, it was just old fashioned skeletons in his closet he couldn't keep buried.
But then the insane fuckers in the democratic party advanced a woman who literally married her own brother and a sharia-law apologist and they both spout anti-semitic stuff on a weekly basis.

There are millions of muslims in the US, surely they could have found someone more competent

The only thing I can think, is that there still seems to be a lot of anti-jewish sentiment in the US.
I don't understand where this anti-jewish sentiment comes from, but I do see it pop up rather frequently. I don't understand that at all, but it seems to survive.

That is the only reason I can think of that Tlaib and Omar haven't survived in office as long as they have. Honestly I don't understand the anti-jewish sentiment or the muslim love affair the left seem to have.
Persoanlly I would never let someone have a seat in Congress that wouldn't give up muslim headgear. That just seems like a big fat red light to me.

It's not just congress either. To me, that headgear represents everything anti-US. An unwillingness to become a US citizen in heart as well as papers.

/e @ XistenZ... Correct they have no legal control over the nominating process, but I think we'd be considered niave if we assumed that either the Dems or the Reps, always constrain themselves to legal methods. They ARE politicians. I mean look what Hillary did to Bernie in 2016, and they DIDN'T have any cultural issues between them.

This post was edited by Ghot on May 13 2019 02:04pm
Gold: 22,164.69
May 13 2019 02:01pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ May 13 2019 01:57pm)
But the DNC doesnt have unilateral control over the nominating process. The primary voters have a large influence in this as well, and the party leadership wont be able to prevent a candidate from being nominated with all the money in the world if the constituents in his/her district really want that particular candidate. Also, blatantly interfering in a primary process can backfire badly.

Omar's district, MN 5th, is home to the largest Somali community in the country, they are a massive voting bloc in this district. Perhaps they backed Omar precisely because of the things she says and believes in. Perhaps the ideology and policy positions of Omar are not an aberration, perhaps they are perfectly in sync with what the majority of her community in her districts wants. Now, that is the really scary take on the situation, isnt it?

but Keith Ellison was the representative of MN-5
The DCCC had no trouble blatantly interfering with the nomination process in pretty much every race that mattered in 2018, they even went on tape with that one guy being told the race was explicitly micromanaged.
All they had to do was put any competent muslim candidate on the ticket and they'd easily sweep the district with a +50 margin. Ilhan Omar won after it was already public knowledge she married her brother, and heck, Keith Ellison won state-wide in a state that nearly flipped to Trump, and did so after it was public knowledge he beat his girlfriend. I would know, I voted for the other guy.
May 13 2019 02:21pm

This just in...

New York mayor threatens to fine Trump Organization over pollution

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-climate/new-york-mayor-threatens-to-fine-trump-organization-over-pollution-idUSKCN1SJ22R

NEW YORK (Reuters) - New York Mayor Bill de Blasio, who is considering a run for the White House in 2020, on Monday threatened to fine the Trump Organization $2.1 million a year starting in 2030 unless the president’s business reduces emissions from its buildings.

“It doesn’t matter who you are, even the president of the United States, you have to obey the laws of New York City,” de Blasio said at a rally in the lobby of Trump Tower, the site of President Donald Trump’s private home and business headquarters.

As the Democratic mayor spoke, counter-demonstrators raised signs behind de Blasio calling him a “failed mayor” and supporting the president’s re-election campaign with “Trump 2020.”

A New York City law due to take effect on May 17 sets emissions standards for large buildings like Trump Tower, a 58-story skyscraper on Manhattan’s Fifth Avenue.

This shyt just gets funnier and funnier. It's getting so bad, it's taking away from the excellent rejoinder: "You couldn't make this stuff up if you tried". :lol:
Gold: 22,164.69
May 13 2019 03:41pm
I'd preface this with 'got spoilers' but eh, the show is so shit I'd be doing you all a favor if you hadn't watched it yet and cared and got spoiled
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/elizabeth-warren-hardest-hit-by-latest-game-of-thrones-plot-turn
https://www.thecut.com/2019/04/elizabeth-warren-review-game-of-thrones-season-8.html#comments

This post was edited by Goomshill on May 13 2019 03:42pm
May 14 2019 12:12am
Quote (Goomshill @ May 13 2019 03:39pm)
isn't there a point where they have to cut their losses?
like if Rashida Tlaib shoots up a synagogue I'm pretty sure they have to stop defending her.

I'm trying to imagine what Trump would be facing right now if he unironically engaged in holocaust denial

Apparently there isn't a point like that. Number one in the WTF category goes to...

Democratic leaders back Muslim lawmaker after Holocaust comments

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-congress-holocaust/democratic-leaders-back-muslim-lawmaker-after-holocaust-comments-idUSKCN1SJ2H8

On the Yahoo News podcast “Skullduggery” last week, Tlaib was asked about her support for a one-state solution to the conflict between Israel and Palestinians.

In a rambling answer, she said: “There’s kind of a calming feeling I always tell folks when I think of the Holocaust, and the tragedy of the Holocaust, and the fact that it was my ancestors, Palestinians, who lost their land and some lost their lives, their livelihood, their human dignity, their existence in many ways, have been wiped out, and some people’s passports.

“I mean, just all of it was in the name of trying to create a safe haven for Jews, post-the Holocaust, post-the tragedy and the horrific persecution of Jews across the world at that time, and I love the fact that it was my ancestors that provided that, right, in many ways. But they did it in a way that took their human dignity away, right, and it was forced on them,” she said.

Israel’s ambassador to the United Nations, Danny Danon, on Monday called Tlaib’s comments “grossly #antiSemitic and ignorant.”

“You should take some time to learn the history before trying to rewrite it,” he said on Twitter.

I'm beginning to wonder if the Dems haven't totally lost touch with any semblance of reality. I mean... WTF ?!?

May 14 2019 03:21pm

Gold: 28,296.75
May 15 2019 08:11am
Sen. Mitt Romney (R-Utah) voted against one of President Trump’s judicial picks Tuesday over past controversial comments the judge made about former President Obama.

Romney, who faced off against Obama in the 2012 presidential race, cast the lone GOP no vote against Judge Michael Truncale, who was ultimately confirmed to the Eastern District of Texas by a 49-46 margin.

Truncale raised eyebrows in 2011 when he called Obama an “un-American imposter.”

He later told the Senate Judiciary Committee that he was “merely expressing frustration by what I perceived as a lack of overt patriotism on behalf of President Obama,” adding that he did not subscribe to “birtherism.”

However, Romney found enough fault with the original remark to vote against Truncale’s nomination.

“He made particularly disparaging comments about President Obama. And as the Republican nominee for president, I just couldn't subscribe to that in a federal judge,” Romney told Politico in a brief interview.

“This was not a matter of qualifications or politics. This was something specifically to that issue as a former nominee of our party,” he added.

Romney has emerged as one of the few GOP critics of Trump, often hitting the president over his rhetoric. He most recently bucked the White House by opposing its plans to nominate Herman Cain to the Federal Reserve Board.

Though he votes in line with the president more often than not, he is more likely to oppose the White House than most other Republican senators, according to a tally compiled by FiveThirtyEight.

Romney distances himself from the pack by voting against a birther.

The judge didn't go on to say he has changed his birther views only that he would keep them more quiet in the future
Gold: 4,404.67
May 15 2019 09:53am
Romney is still bitter that he lost in 2012 while Trump, a man for whom he feels nothing but ill-concealed contempt, won in 2016. So he takes every opportunity he gets to be a thorn in Trump's side. Not really newsworthy tbh.

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on May 15 2019 10:08am
Gold: 0.00
May 15 2019 09:55am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ May 15 2019 10:53am)
Romney is still bitter that he lost in 2012 while Trump, a man for whom he feels nothing but ill-consealed contempt, won in 2016. So he takes every opportunity he gets to be a thorn in Trump's side. Not really newsworthy tbh.

So, his bitterness over losing to OBAMA makes him want to be a thorn in TRUMP's side when Trump's judicial nominee makes stupid comments about the guy he's supposedly bitter about losing to?

Interesting logic.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1295229532954295529563169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll