d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Christianity Is A Lie And Bible Is Proof
Prev1290291292293294307Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 69.69
Warn: 40%
Sep 6 2023 06:31pm
Science and Critical thought doesn't try to convince people with emotional candy.

Oh look here pretty picture please believe in science,
Oh here is a cool song please believe big bang is real
Why don't you hear a bunch of personal anecdotes how science "felt" like the right choice from these individuals
Yea but, but, but religion is bad
Here is a quote from our favourite scientist to convince you that driving an electric car is possible.
We found this ancient book from 2000 years ago that tells you that science and evolution are real here is a quote from that book
When science cant explain something its working in mysterious ways guys.
Global flood didn't happen because Albert Einstein said it and he cannot lie therefore its true and because its true it didn't happen and because it didn't happen Einstein is right and because he is right he cannot lie and because he cannot lie.... (endless faulty circular logic loop)
You need to be an expert to understand that science is right.
2+2=4 is real because many people believe it therefore its true, and because a person of authority said its true.
You just need to believe it hard enough then the earth will be round not flat.

Imagine if science or rational, practical person used these arguments to convince you of something.
Unfortunately this is what christians cultists use to convince its followers.

Imagine if they used hard evidence, facts, logic, and practical demonstration of magic.

This post was edited by addone on Sep 6 2023 06:36pm
Gold: 0.69
Warn: 10%
Sep 6 2023 06:43pm
Quote (addone @ Sep 6 2023 05:31pm)
Science and Critical thought doesn't try to convince people with emotional candy.

Oh look here pretty picture please believe in science,
Oh here is a cool song please believe big bang is real
Why don't you hear a bunch of personal anecdotes how science "felt" like the right choice from these individuals
Yea but, but, but religion is bad
Here is a quote from our favourite scientist to convince you that driving an electric car is possible.
We found this ancient book from 2000 years ago that tells you that science and evolution are real here is a quote from that book
When science cant explain something its working in mysterious ways guys.
Global flood didn't happen because Albert Einstein said it and he cannot lie therefore its true and because its true it didn't happen and because it didn't happen Einstein is right and because he is right he cannot lie and because he cannot lie.... (endless faulty circular logic loop)
You need to be an expert to understand that science is right.
2+2=4 is real because many people believe it therefore its true, and because a person of authority said its true.
You just need to believe it hard enough then the earth will be round not flat.

Imagine if science or rational, practical person used these arguments to convince you of something.
Unfortunately this is what christians cultists use to convince its followers.

Imagine if they used hard evidence, facts, logic, and practical demonstration of magic.

above post contains no Science and Critical thought, just whataboutisms
Gold: 0.00
Sep 6 2023 09:38pm
Quote (addone @ Sep 7 2023 07:37am)
Personal anecdotes with "I felt or I just knew" isn't hard evidence its weak sauce.

I converted to Christianity from another religion based on feelings isn't explaining anything. Notice how just about every Christian or religious person out there "believes" based on feelings. No one converts based on logic, facts or hard evidence. The key to Christian/religious conversion is emotional persuasion and tricks.

It's methods might include but not limited to.

Songs, art, poems etc

Indoctrination from birth. They teach the kids that their way is the only way with no point of reference for them to object. Or to even consider a possibility of no god based thinking. Then they grow up believing only their religion is right and only their particular denomination is the correct way.

Whataboutism

Personal anecdotes

Pseudoscience

Apologetic excuses and damage control they redefine the meaning of their religion based on when science proves them wrong instead of admitting their wrongs they just say we didn't mean it like that. We are different.

Guilt. If you did "feel" something wasn't right or "felt good" about something the bible/church didn't approve then you would be chastised and preached at. Ironically most of them converted to Christianity based on feelings.

Emotional blackmail. They hold you or your family hostage and if you step out of line or question them they will shun you and turn everyone against you. This is dirty, dirty tactic they use to silence anyone who has a different thought to them.

They try to woo new comers with comradery and positivity. Big smiles, songs, community, favoritism and a sense of belonging. All good things but so does every other cult or religion. These are enticing for weak and lonely people so they immediately jump on board.

Are there are healthier options? You bet your ass there are. There are a gazillion of clubs and groups you can join and get the same level of comradship, community, belonging and support. Maybe you like to play a sport or go to a gym, maybe you enjoy reading books or larping. Maybe you are into business and money making, maybe you are into traveling and charity work there is a community waiting for you to join.

No need to join the nazis because they give you a cool uniform, no need to join a gang because you want to feel tough and be respected just like there is no need to join Christian group because you are a recovering alcoholic or depressed suicider. No need to join religion because they play songs and try to comfort you with lies. It's an unhealthy escapism instead of trusting yourself and others you put your trust into an invisible man from a story book.

If you are a Christian and want to quit this nonsensical cult let me know.

I noticed that you are not satisfied with any kind of evidence presented to you. Yet all you can ever say in reply is "That isn't evidence" without any backup as to why these aren't evidence. You don't like when the Bible has proven to be a book of Prophecy like that fulfillment in the year 1948, you don't like the evidence of creation and how everything has an order to it, you don't like how we have the original copies of scripture as all you could ever say is "copies of copies, here is a WIKIPEDIA link", you don't like hearing stories of people who were lost and found their new life in Jesus, you don't like the Grand Canyon which is evident for the global flood, you don't even like the year as it has been 2023 years since the Birth of Jesus, most importantly you have been given the most crucial evidence of all: the Bible.

The point is you've been given so much evidence and yet your reply is simply to disregard anything put in front of you with a simple sentence of "That's not evidence" with no backup to your claims.

Here is yet MORE EVIDENCE showing how creation declares the glory of God. https://brandonsdesk.com/2014/04/28/youve-got-questions-does-god-exist/

Romans 1:18-20

18 The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness, 19 since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20 For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine naturehave been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

Colossians 1:15-20

15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, 20 and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross.

Genesis 1:1

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

There is no other answer for creation as everything had a beginning. You cannot create something from nothing.

Quote (Jupe @ Sep 6 2023 10:40pm)
now that's what i call unhinged

Let's help addone by pointing to him to Christ alone who can save.

In Christ alone.

In Christ alone, my hope is found
He is my light, my strength, my song
This Cornerstone, this solid ground
Firm through the fiercest drought and storm
What heights of love, what depths of peace
When fears are stilled, when strivings cease
My Comforter, my All in All
Here in the love of Christ I stand
In Christ alone, who took on flesh
Fullness of God in helpless babe
This gift of love and righteousness
Scorned by the ones He came to save
'Til on that cross as Jesus died
The wrath of God was satisfied
For every sin on Him was laid
Here in the death of Christ I live, I live
There in the ground His body lay
Light of the world by darkness slain
Then bursting forth in glorious Day
Up from the grave He rose again
And as He stands in victory
Sin's curse has lost its grip on me
For I am His and He is mine
Bought with the precious blood of Christ
No guilt in life, no fear in death
This is the power of Christ in me
From life's first cry to final breath
Jesus commands my destiny
No power of hell, no scheme of man
Can ever pluck me from His hand
Till He returns or calls me home
Here in the power of Christ I'll stand
Gold: 4,575.69
Sep 6 2023 10:07pm
Quote (CPK001 @ Sep 6 2023 08:38pm)
I noticed that you are not satisfied with any kind of evidence presented to you. Yet all you can ever say in reply is "That isn't evidence" without any backup as to why these aren't evidence. You don't like when the Bible has proven to be a book of Prophecy like that fulfillment in the year 1948, you don't like the evidence of creation and how everything has an order to it, you don't like how we have the original copies of scripture as all you could ever say is "copies of copies, here is a WIKIPEDIA link", you don't like hearing stories of people who were lost and found their new life in Jesus, you don't like the Grand Canyon which is evident for the global flood, you don't even like the year as it has been 2023 years since the Birth of Jesus, most importantly you have been given the most crucial evidence of all: the Bible.

The point is you've been given so much evidence and yet your reply is simply to disregard anything put in front of you with a simple sentence of "That's not evidence" with no backup to your claims.

Here is yet MORE EVIDENCE showing how creation declares the glory of God. https://brandonsdesk.com/2014/04/28/youve-got-questions-does-god-exist/

Romans 1:18-20

18 The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness, 19 since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20 For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine naturehave been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

Colossians 1:15-20

15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, 20 and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross.

Genesis 1:1

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

There is no other answer for creation as everything had a beginning. You cannot create something from nothing.

Let's help addone by pointing to him to Christ alone who can save.

In Christ alone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZxcKHfo-M8

In Christ alone, my hope is found
He is my light, my strength, my song
This Cornerstone, this solid ground
Firm through the fiercest drought and storm
What heights of love, what depths of peace
When fears are stilled, when strivings cease
My Comforter, my All in All
Here in the love of Christ I stand
In Christ alone, who took on flesh
Fullness of God in helpless babe
This gift of love and righteousness
Scorned by the ones He came to save
'Til on that cross as Jesus died
The wrath of God was satisfied
For every sin on Him was laid
Here in the death of Christ I live, I live
There in the ground His body lay
Light of the world by darkness slain
Then bursting forth in glorious Day
Up from the grave He rose again
And as He stands in victory
Sin's curse has lost its grip on me
For I am His and He is mine
Bought with the precious blood of Christ
No guilt in life, no fear in death
This is the power of Christ in me
From life's first cry to final breath
Jesus commands my destiny
No power of hell, no scheme of man
Can ever pluck me from His hand
Till He returns or calls me home
Here in the power of Christ I'll stand

There's no point casting your pearls before swine

These people refuse to acknowledge that it was religion that invented science. There is nothing you can say here to people who refuse to listen to reason. You can't reason with people who willfully ignore the human condition, including their own condition. We just have to let them discover it on their own or not - it is preordained

This post was edited by El1te on Sep 6 2023 10:07pm
Sep 6 2023 11:39pm
Quote (El1te @ Sep 7 2023 04:07pm)
There's no point casting your pearls before swine

These people refuse to acknowledge that it was religion that invented science. There is nothing you can say here to people who refuse to listen to reason. You can't reason with people who willfully ignore the human condition, including their own condition. We just have to let them discover it on their own or not - it is preordained

LOL @ Christianity trying to claim it invented science :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
It's like Collumbus trying to claim he discovered America first when it was already populated by other people. At best a few Christians made science more mainstream and added a few improvements on already established method of studying and applying knowledge into practice.

I assume the scientific method is what you are referring to here credited to sir Francis Bacon? He did help come up with a more streamlined method from the "we have an idea let's test it out". Science goes back thousands of years though. Even ancient civilazations used to be fairly advanced they developed technology, mathematics and engineering feats to this day we have trouble replicating.

What you mean to say Christians cannot reason when asked to supply hard evidence they instead produce emotional arguments.
Sep 7 2023 12:44am
Quote (addone @ Sep 6 2023 10:39pm)
It's like Collumbus trying to claim he discovered America first when it was already populated by other people. At best a few Christians made science more mainstream and added a few improvements on already established method of studying and applying knowledge into practice.

I assume the scientific method is what you are referring to here credited to sir Francis Bacon? He did help come up with a more streamlined method from the "we have an idea let's test it out". Science goes back thousands of years though. Even ancient civilazations used to be fairly advanced they developed technology, mathematics and engineering feats to this day we have trouble replicating.

What you mean to say Christians cannot reason when asked to supply hard evidence they instead produce emotional arguments.

dude................the creation is hard evidence.....................your hard evidence
Gold: 0.00
Sep 7 2023 01:50am
Quote (addone @ Sep 7 2023 03:39pm)

Remember that God's presence isn't always found in grand, obvious signs. Often, He is found in the still small whispers of everyday life. Maybe you would appreciate exploring the universal themes and values in the Bible's teachings like love, compassion, or forgiveness that can resonate in our shared human experience.

These don't require belief in God, yet can still enlighten us on the path of spiritual growth. Consider the effect of these teachings on people's lives all around the world and throughout history. The spiritual experiences may not be what you call tangible evidence but these can be very real and profound.

When the Lord speaks to Elijah in 1 Kings 19, The Lord was not in the strong wind, earthquake or fire, the Lord was in the low whisper which Elijah hears.

Do you know what love is?

1 Corinthians 12:31b - 13:1-13

Love Is Indispensable

13b And yet I will show you the most excellent way.

1 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. 11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

Here are some comments within the below video:

I was homeless, got into drugs, went into prisons, then i got to know Jesus, He changed my life.. Now i have a home, a wife, a lovely daughter and a new identity... A child of God.. Hallelujah....

I literally lost everything: my wife, children, career, money, friends and home in a series of events wrought by my own rebellion and sin, but it brought me to a place of reconciliation with my faith and my God. His love brought me back to him thanks to grace, Jesus, and enduring mercy. It is well with my soul. Thank you Lord Most High and Most Holy.

I use to be depressed and had lots of anxiety issues only a year ago... i could barely go out in public, it was even hard to go to school every day... Now a year later, it is well with my soul!! I became closer to him and thank Him every day! My depression and anxieties have been healed from Him and his grace! He has protected me from all harm and always will!! I even got baptized a few weeks ago :) This song has such a different meaning now that my soul is well!

Comments all made years apart yet they all have the same theme. Lost in sin but Jesus saves and now It is well with my soul!

It is Well:

When peace like a river, attendeth my way
When sorrows like sea billows roll
Whatever my lot, thou hast taught me to say
It is well, it is well, with my soul
It is well
With my soul
It is well, it is well with my soul
Though Satan should buffet, though trials should come
Let this blest assurance control
That Christ has regarded my helpless estate
And hath shed His own blood for my soul
It is well (it is well)
With my soul (with my soul)
My sin, oh, the bliss of this glorious thought!
My sin, not in part but the whole
Is nailed to the cross, and I bear it no more
Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, o my soul!
It is well (it is well)
It is well (it is well)
It is well, it is well with my soul.
Sep 7 2023 09:03am
Quote (CPK001 @ Sep 7 2023 12:50am)
Remember that God's presence isn't always found in grand, obvious signs. Often, He is found in the still small whispers of everyday life. Maybe you would appreciate exploring the universal themes and values in the Bible's teachings like love, compassion, or forgiveness that can resonate in our shared human experience.

These don't require belief in God, yet can still enlighten us on the path of spiritual growth. Consider the effect of these teachings on people's lives all around the world and throughout history. The spiritual experiences may not be what you call tangible evidence but these can be very real and profound.

When the Lord speaks to Elijah in 1 Kings 19, The Lord was not in the strong wind, earthquake or fire, the Lord was in the low whisper which Elijah hears.

Do you know what love is?

1 Corinthians 12:31b - 13:1-13

Love Is Indispensable

13b And yet I will show you the most excellent way.

1 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. 11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

Here are some comments within the below video:

Comments all made years apart yet they all have the same theme. Lost in sin but Jesus saves and now It is well with my soul!

It is Well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zY5o9mP22V0

When peace like a river, attendeth my way
When sorrows like sea billows roll
Whatever my lot, thou hast taught me to say
It is well, it is well, with my soul
It is well
With my soul
Though Satan should buffet, though trials should come
Let this blest assurance control
That Christ has regarded my helpless estate
And hath shed His own blood for my soul
It is well (it is well)
My sin, oh, the bliss of this glorious thought!
My sin, not in part but the whole
Is nailed to the cross, and I bear it no more
Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, o my soul!
It is well (it is well)
It is well (it is well)
It is well, it is well with my soul.

powerful thought
"My sin, not in part but the whole
Is nailed to the cross, and I bear it no more"
Sep 7 2023 01:40pm
If you wanted a sign of why Christianity is a cult of sheep then look at their responses.

You ask them for hard evidence about magic and their magical creatures that they claim.
They will respond with yea I provided evidence by giving you their opinions, feelings, I was "saved" this song is cool, anecdotes. Circular logic, whataboutisms and many other strawman attempts. Everything but to answer your question.

They are not interested in engaging in a debate or understanding they only want to preach at you and spam endless bible quotes. This thread isn't about feelings. No one asked, so either answer with hard facts, evidence, practical examples or gtfo.

How hard could it be? If I ask what is 2+2=? The only thing I want coming out of your mouth is 4 or a method how you arrived to that conclusion.
If I ask you proof of a 7 headed dragon you better have an actual dragon or a fossil readily available. If I ask show me how it's possible to be swallowed whole by a big fish, live inside its stomach for 3 days under water then come out and not be dead you must prove that. Go and get eaten by a fish and show us how it's done.

If not then shut your mouth why is that so difficult to understand?

Gold: 4,575.69
Sep 7 2023 04:33pm
Quote (addone @ Sep 6 2023 10:39pm)

The founder of science was Sir Isaac Newton - a devout Christian and theologian. What you describe as "science" is simply logical observation and trial & error, which obviously predates science (Bacon described inductive reasoning, not quantitative science which was described in Newton's work). Science is a quantitative process that hinges on logical records and consistent reproducibility. Newton invented that.

Emotions are part of the human condition. The human condition is hard proof of God. If you deny the existence of the human condition, then you refuse to listen to reason.

And I'll say this one more time: God is proven (hard proof) through cosmological arguments alone. Now, if you aren't intelligent enough to understand the cosmological argument, then that's on you. Science is in agreeance with the cosmological proof of God (The Big Bang Theory). The nature of the so-called singularity has never been described by any self-consistent model. In truth there was no such thing as the so-called singularity, it's not even a hypothesis.

Feel free to ask any questions about what you don't understand here.

This post was edited by El1te on Sep 7 2023 04:36pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1290291292293294307Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll