d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Trump 2016 > Trump Vs Clinton
Prev12892902912922933169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 388.33
May 11 2016 03:30pm
Quote (thesnipa @ May 11 2016 01:14pm)
And does that apply to religions in the same way it does to country of origin? There is no precedent. IMO its unconstitutional but without precedent that's for the USSC to decide, the fact that its in a grey area and needs to be defined by the USSC is a big issue for me.

I am referring to increased legal sanctions against the media who commit libel rather than the civil sanctions that are traditionally used now. Its an unconstitutional wave of a big stick by a man who has a beef with the media, a scare tactic to suggest legal sanctions are needed beyond civil suits that i feel would violate the 1st ammendment. As mangix correctly identified he also wants censor parts of the internet.

I dont think the 14th ammendment argument is weak at all, he has at times made comments suggesting patrols in neighborhoods based on ethnicity which i feel violates that clause.

But if you're just going to ask questions and not provide any commentary ill just stop, i have no desire to have a one sided conversation with a google warrior.

you're correct he did backtrack to that position after the public outcry. very brave of him.

read the quote it clearly does and is not some grey area. The President has the power here.

Donald Trump wants to take legal actions against media that commit libel, this is not unconstitutional no matter if you "feel" it is.

Rather than tell me how you feel can you cite some sources to better construct an argument about violating the 14th amendment?
Gold: 2,504.69
May 11 2016 03:39pm
Quote (majorblood @ May 11 2016 03:30pm)
read the quote it clearly does and is not some grey area. The President has the power here.

Donald Trump wants to take legal actions against media that commit libel, this is not unconstitutional no matter if you "feel" it is.

Rather than tell me how you feel can you cite some sources to better construct an argument about violating the 14th amendment?

laws are always laws until challenged constitutionally, saying he has the power does not discount that it may be unconstitutional if applied on the basis of religion rather than country of origin. Like i said there is no precedent, stop presenting it as a foregone conclusion, it isnt.

i feel its a suppression of free speach, im not appealing to emotions its my opinion.

what type of sources are you looking for? my opinion on this matter is based on Trump's comments, im not going to sift through the internet and attempt to play with keywords for an hour to present you with a quote, and the last time a group as large as what he's suggesting was targeted was internment camps which are outdated but support my argument.
Gold: 388.33
May 11 2016 03:46pm
Quote (thesnipa @ May 11 2016 01:39pm)
laws are always laws until challenged constitutionally, saying he has the power does not discount that it may be unconstitutional if applied on the basis of religion rather than country of origin. Like i said there is no precedent, stop presenting it as a foregone conclusion, it isnt.

i feel its a suppression of free speach, im not appealing to emotions its my opinion.

what type of sources are you looking for? my opinion on this matter is based on Trump's comments, im not going to sift through the internet and attempt to play with keywords for an hour to present you with a quote, and the last time a group as large as what he's suggesting was targeted was internment camps which are outdated but support my argument.

the constitution applies to citizens, you have no argument here

libel is a crime, do you feel it shouldn't be? that's another discussion to be had.

I want you to back up your argument that Donald Trump plans to " selective surveillance in both Hispanic and Muslim communities that violate that same 14th amendment. "
Gold: 2,504.69
May 11 2016 03:51pm
Quote (majorblood @ May 11 2016 03:46pm)
the constitution applies to citizens, you have no argument here

I may have no argument based on how Trump's stance currently sits, but he backed down to exceptions for citizens after he initially suggested a much more loose policy with no explanation. I feel this was due to the public backlash, as it fits Trump's general pattern of making outlandish statements then backtracking to a slightly less unpopular place. As i said before this doesn't comfort me, if he flip flops back to a softer position he can flip back to the harsher position at any time. I do not trust the timeline of his statements either, all statements hes made must be taken equally seriously and new statements don't discredit old ones based on how hard he's flip flopped.

libel is a crime, do you feel it shouldn't be? that's another discussion to be had.

Im talking about him making cases that are currently handled in civil suits criminal matters, essentially broadening the definition if libel to criminalize aspects of free speach that are currently not criminalized. I feel this is a direct shot at the first amendment.

I want you to back up your argument that Donald Trump plans to " selective surveillance in both Hispanic and Muslim communities that violate that same 14th amendment. "

No. As i said im not digging through piles of quotes, the keywords hurt my brain just thinking of what to search for. if you want to have this feel free to chalk it up to a win.
Gold: 0.00
May 11 2016 05:38pm
So do I need to go back to the beginning of this thread around page 19-30 and quote myself calling the Clinton foundation crooked? Well gee golly guys looks like I hit the nail on the head. Wall Street whistle blower already confirmed the money isn't matching up. Stay tuned this gun be gud :)

Also another note a few billionaire donors who were giving to Cruz are now dumping money into Clinton because she is the last establishment person left in the race. Imagine that huh what America is really wants is a Trump/Sanders unified ticket than the two party system can shove it and shit could actually get done.
Gold: 28,296.75
May 11 2016 05:42pm
Quote (stimpy6298 @ May 11 2016 03:38pm)
So do I need to go back to the beginning of this thread around page 19-30 and quote myself calling the Clinton foundation crooked?

Just don't go too far back or you might accidently end up quoting yourself saying you voted for Clinton in 08 for the sole purpose of keeping "the negro" out of office
Gold: 0.00
May 11 2016 05:45pm
Quote (Beowulf @ May 11 2016 06:42pm)
Just don't go too far back or you might accidently end up quoting yourself saying you voted for Clinton in 08 for the sole purpose of keeping "the negro" out of office

Your point being? Oh I get it nothing to say about my comment just a personal attack. ?
Gold: 57.00
May 11 2016 05:56pm
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/sadiq-khan-pledges-to-help-hillary-clinton-beat-donald-trump-a7024841.html

5 mins on the job, all spent worrying about one orange American, small time as it gets.
Gold: 28,296.75
May 11 2016 05:58pm
Quote (excellence @ May 11 2016 03:56pm)
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/sadiq-khan-pledges-to-help-hillary-clinton-beat-donald-trump-a7024841.html

5 mins on the job, all spent worrying about one orange American, small time as it gets.

Happy to have him on board
Gold: 57.00
May 11 2016 05:59pm
Quote (Beowulf @ 11 May 2016 19:58)
Happy to have him on board

Im sure you are. You'd take Ghengis and Star Trek Khan at this point too.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev12892902912922933169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll