d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > How To Get To Heaven When You Die
Prev1282930313263Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 0.76
Sep 1 2015 09:13am
Quote (WidowMaKer_MK @ 1 Sep 2015 09:22)
...the primary mission of Jesus was to fulfill God's Covenant promises to Israel . It was notto preach an earthly , social gospel . I accept the Bible as the inspired word of God .

BTW , I have posted these comments scores of times on this very forum so perhaps you should be more cautious when accusing others of not paying attention .

:lol: you still won't directly answer a question will you? Yes his primary mission was to fulfill God's promise by dying on the cross, but you say his preaching the gospel had no merit to you then? do you think the /gospels are just filler pages then? Just time wasted?

and the Bible as the inspired word then, is as dead as the writers is it not? I have always viewed the Bible as God's living word, my opinion is that the words are there for each of us; to guide us, to teach us, to comfort us as God helps us interpret them. At different times in our journey we need different things, be it knowledge, support, or guidance. Through prayerful study and reading we are fed the way that God intends. If a person cracks open the bible like a geometry book or a book on philosophy they will get the dry writings of long dead men. But that's not how it's intended to be used.
Gold: 7,252.72
Sep 1 2015 09:33am
Quote (Valhalls_Sun @ Sep 1 2015 11:13am)
:lol: you still won't directly answer a question will you? Yes his primary mission was to fulfill God's promise by dying on the cross, but you say his preaching the gospel had no merit to you then? do you think the /gospels are just filler pages then? Just time wasted?

and the Bible as the inspired word then, is as dead as the writers is it not? I have always viewed the Bible as God's living word, my opinion is that the words are there for each of us; to guide us, to teach us, to comfort us as God helps us interpret them. At different times in our journey we need different things, be it knowledge, support, or guidance. Through prayerful study and reading we are fed the way that God intends. If a person cracks open the bible like a geometry book or a book on philosophy they will get the dry writings of long dead men. But that's not how it's intended to be used.

...this is where you fall flat on your face , you are adding to what I posted and thinking I am going to agree with you .
Gold: 0.00
Sep 1 2015 10:01am
Quote (CPK001 @ 1 Sep 2015 05:50)
Oh please, Jesus told parables using Earthly examples of what the Kingdom of Heaven is like. If the analogy of humans and trains makes you scoff then there is no way that you could understand the parables of the Earthly examples given about what the Kingdom of Heaven is like.

We don't need parables. We have the Apocrypha. Heaven is a boring place where people kneel eternally praising and worshipping god and Hell is basically a bunch of angels pushing gays off a cliff into a pile of other gays.

The Christian imagination is incredible.

This post was edited by Scaly on Sep 1 2015 10:02am
Sep 1 2015 10:11am
Quote (WidowMaKer_MK @ 1 Sep 2015 10:33)
...this is where you fall flat on your face , you are adding to what I posted and thinking I am going to agree with you .

:rofl: agree with you?..is there a gelatinous mass that surrounds you?.. which every communication must pass hence the filtering problem? Do you truly have a reading comprehension problem? I thought Thor was just joking bu I'm beginning to think he's serious.. Did you notice the conjunction but in my sentence? that is a qualifier It doesn't mean Oh I agree with you.

Forget it Widow We've done this dance befor and I became frustrated because you never honestly answer a question or invest yourself in actual dialogue. so that's it.
Gold: 1,532.01
Sep 1 2015 10:12am
Quote (CPK001 @ Sep 1 2015 12:57pm)
Stay down, stay silent and let those who actually know how to argue settle this.

Will I also be a good arguer if I blindly quote teachings from a stone-age goat-fucker and completely ignore everything you say? :rolleyes:
Sep 1 2015 10:14am
Quote (GetOnYourKnees @ 1 Sep 2015 11:12)
Will I also be a good arguer if I blindly quote teachings from a stone-age goat-fucker and completely ignore everything you say? :rolleyes:

whispering who is c3po arguing against if it isn't you? :lol:
Gold: 7,252.72
Sep 1 2015 10:15am
Quote (Valhalls_Sun @ Sep 1 2015 12:11pm)
:rofl: agree with you?..is there a gelatinous mass that surrounds you?.. which every communication must pass hence the filtering problem? Do you truly have a reading comprehension problem? I thought Thor was just joking bu I'm beginning to think he's serious.. Did you notice the conjunctionbut in my sentence? that is a qualifier It doesn't mean Oh I agree with you.

Forget it Widow We've done this dance befor and I became frustrated because you never honestly answer a question or invest yourself in actual dialogue. so that's it.

...when you immediately add to what I posted there is no sense going further . You have no understanding of the Kingdom Gospel that Jesus preached to the Jews and how it is different from the Gospel of Grace that Paul taught to us Gentiles .
Gold: 0.20
Sep 1 2015 11:46am
Quote (CPK001 @ Sep 1 2015 12:50am)
Oh please, Jesus told parables using Earthly examples of what the Kingdom of Heaven is like. If the analogy of humans and trains makes you scoff then there is no way that you could understand the parables of the Earthly examples given about what the Kingdom of Heaven is like.

But not everyone likes Ketchup though.
Gold: 0.00
Sep 2 2015 12:37am
Quote (Scaly @ Sep 2 2015 02:01am)
We don't need parables. We have the Apocrypha. Heaven is a boring place where people kneel eternally praising and worshipping god and Hell is basically a bunch of angels pushing gays off a cliff into a pile of other gays.

The Christian imagination is incredible.

Quoting what WidowMaKer_MK said...this is where you fall flat on your face. Also hang on a moment, I thought you apparently didn't believe that there was God almighty so how can you believe what Heaven is like if you don't believe there is one?

Quote (GetOnYourKnees @ Sep 2 2015 02:12am)

Well I don't really think that you would ever be a good arguer, period.
Sep 2 2015 03:24am
Quote (CPK001 @ 1 Sep 2015 00:50)

First, you comparing your gift to telling parables to those attributed to Jesus is comical. The train comment wasn't a parable it was an analogy silly you. second show me the Parables in which Jesus describes what Heaven is like.
beyond the very vague yeast in flour
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1282930313263Next
Closed New Topic New Poll