d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Got Questions About God? > #1 Can You Really Trust The Bible?
Prev1282930313278Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Apr 17 2013 12:09am
Quote (brmv @ Apr 17 2013 02:12pm)
since you seem to have a direct line to your god, ask him how i do it - just have faith in that and don't forget to move the goalposts again as you do in every post  :rolleyes:

God speaks to me through his word, the Bible.
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Apr 17 2013 12:35am
Quote (CPK001 @ Apr 17 2013 12:07am)

So why don't you tell us your logic and claims and how you have life figured out without God?

What does that even mean? Where'd he claim this?
Apr 17 2013 01:42am
Quote (N1ccolo @ Apr 17 2013 04:35pm)
What does that even mean? Where'd he claim this?

Explain to me how people who don't believe in God are apparently more kind to others.

Who are the ones who bully the retarded people at School?
Who are the ones who try to ruin other people's lives to the point of death? (Amanda Todd)
Who are the ones who judge others for the wrong that they do and condemn them without granting them forgiveness?
Who are the ones who live for this world by storing up treasures and only ever keeping them to themselves?
Who are the ones who try to claim that God is evil when the message of God through Jesus was love and kindness?
Who are the ones who live this life only to party and have sex all their lives?
Who are the ones who judge people based on their disabilities?
Who are the ones who murder other people for their own personal gain?
Who are the ones who would hold grudges all their lives and their life's meaning is only ever to have revenge and not live it?
Gold: 655.00
Apr 17 2013 01:47am
Quote (CPK001 @ Apr 17 2013 03:42am)
Explain to me how people who don't believe in God are apparently more kind to others.

Who are the ones who bully the retarded people at School?
Who are the ones who try to ruin other people's lives to the point of death? (Amanda Todd)
Who are the ones who judge others for the wrong that they do and condemn them without granting them forgiveness?
Who are the ones who live for this world by storing up treasures and only ever keeping them to themselves?
Who are the ones who try to claim that God is evil when the message of God through Jesus was love and kindness?
Who are the ones who live this life only to party and have sex all their lives?
Who are the ones who judge people based on their disabilities?
Who are the ones who murder other people for their own personal gain?
Who are the ones who would hold grudges all their lives and their life's meaning is only ever to have revenge and not live it?

there are alot of "christains" that do this.

one person isnt necessiarly more kind then others, though to claim that people with out god cant figure out life (how you have life figured out without God?), discounts the works of hundreds of philopshers who have presented quite great litarrly works on ethics.

This post was edited by Ylem122 on Apr 17 2013 01:51am
Gold: 11,700.00
Apr 17 2013 01:55am
Quote (Ylem122 @ 17 Apr 2013 07:47)
there are alot of "christains" that do this.
one person isnt necessiarly more kind then others, though to claim that people with out god cant figure out life (how you have life figured out without God?), discounts the works of hundreds of philopshers who have presented quite great litarrly works on ethics.

let me add a link: http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/our-humanity-naturally/201103/misinformation-and-facts-about-secularism-and-religion

the article gives an overview but contains a link to a more detailed study
and not unexpected secular people show a more moral behaviour than the religious ones
let me add that for the religious people that is quite unexpected
Gold: 655.00
Apr 17 2013 02:05am
Quote (brmv @ Apr 17 2013 03:55am)
let me add a link: http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/our-humanity-naturally/201103/misinformation-and-facts-about-secularism-and-religion

the article gives an overview but contains a link to a more detailed study
and not unexpected secular people show a more moral behaviour than the religious ones
let me add that for the religious people that is quite unexpected

"Within the United States, we see the same pattern. Citing census data, he writes: "And within America, the states with the highest murder rates tend to be the highly religious, such as Louisiana and Alabama, but the states with the lowest murder rates tend to be the among the least religious in the country, such as Vermont and Oregon."

the infromation leading to the conclusion that secular people are better then religious people is faulty. such as the quote abouve could easily be explained by the history of the country, given the incredibly large population of poor african americans that inhabitied these states after the civil war and the laws in place to keep this incredibly large population of impoverished african americans impoverished. thus we find this to be much more likely a situation of impoverished individuals and crime, than religion and crime.

as i said above, one person isnt necessiarly more kind then others reguardless of the general studies and the bias sterotypes people associate with them.

This post was edited by Ylem122 on Apr 17 2013 02:06am
Gold: 78.16
Apr 17 2013 02:09am
Quote (CPK001 @ Apr 17 2013 05:42pm)

Who are the ones who bully the retarded people at School? Assholes
Who are the ones who try to ruin other people's lives to the point of death? (Amanda Todd) Assholes
Who are the ones who judge others for the wrong that they do and condemn them without granting them forgiveness? Assholes
Who are the ones who live for this world by storing up treasures and only ever keeping them to themselves? Are you judging someone? Hyprocrit
Who are the ones who try to claim that God is evil when the message of God through Jesus was love and kindness? Irrelevant
Who are the ones who live this life only to party and have sex all their lives? Are you judging someone? Hyprocrit
Who are the ones who judge people based on their disabilities? Assholes
Who are the ones who murder other people for their own personal gain? Assholes
Who are the ones who would hold grudges all their lives and their life's meaning is only ever to have revenge and not live it?Assholes

There are selfless and good people from all walks of life. You don't need to be pious.

This post was edited by lithfkn on Apr 17 2013 02:09am
Apr 17 2013 05:20am
Quote (lithfkn @ Apr 17 2013 06:09pm)
There are selfless and good people from all walks of life. You don't need to be pious.

Whom can change the attitude of these assholes?
Gold: 11,700.00
Apr 17 2013 05:27am
Quote (CPK001 @ 17 Apr 2013 11:20)

didn't you once (unjustified) complain about my grammar?
and no, the bible can't - or are you going to beat them up with one?
but maybe you can ask the alaska watchmen to help whomsoever to change :rolleyes:
Apr 17 2013 05:34am
Quote (CPK001 @ Apr 17 2013 03:20am)

Mr. Rogers and Bob Ross?
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1282930313278Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll