d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Trump 2016 > Trump Vs Clinton
Prev12882892902912923169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 20.31
May 11 2016 02:01pm
Quote (stimpy6298 @ May 10 2016 03:11pm)
oh and Jay calling trump a circle talker do i need to start posting clinton quotes and videos she's a dumb bitch and won't be back in the white house....GAME OVER SON

If you want to make me laugh, sure. Keep posting.

Quote (Beowulf @ May 10 2016 09:41pm)
Trump campaign "accidentally" approved a white nationalist as a delegate here in California

but the drama of it all forced the poor fella to resign

The funniest part is that MotherJones, who broke the original story, caught them in a lie immediately when they gave their official response. They tried to blame the whole thing on a "database error" naturally, but MJ got their second scoop of the day by showing that the campaign had corresponded with him way longer than they claimed: http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2016/05/trump-white-nationalist-california-delegate-response-email-pledge-database-error

Oh the Trump campaign... even when they flip-flop on all their alleged "principles" about big money and outside money and powerful special interests and lobbyists, and they bring them all in because they just want to win, they still end up fucking the easy stuff up. I never thought we'd get another bumbler like the Mitt Romney campaign but we just might.
Gold: 34,747.70
May 11 2016 02:07pm
lol @ banning muslim immigrants being "unconstitutional"

first of all, the constitution only applies to CITIZENS. Vast majority of Syrian migrants are definitely not US citizens.

Also, Obama banned ALL Iraqi refugees in 2012. Similar things were done against all Japanese/Irish by previous presidents. It's not like there's no precedent and Trump is the only one to ever suggest something like this.
Gold: 2,504.69
May 11 2016 02:09pm
Quote (EA7 @ May 11 2016 02:07pm)
lol @ banning muslim immigrants being "unconstitutional"

first of all, the constitution only applies to CITIZENS. Vast majority of Syrian migrants are definitely not US citizens.

Also, Obama banned ALL Iraqi refugees in 2012. Similar things were done against all Japanese/Irish by previous presidents. It's not like there's no precedent and Trump is the only one to ever suggest something like this.

That is a precedent based on nationality not religion. Also Trumps ban would include citizens abroad and also act as a travel restriction for US citizens who are muslim. Any other bullshit you'd like me to sift through shittroll?
Gold: 2,620.00
May 11 2016 02:12pm
Quote (thesnipa @ 11 May 2016 15:01)
Did you seriously just reference something that is unanimously known as an unconstitutional act, and then call me a dumbass?

Wow smh.

http://online.sfsu.edu/jaintern/rightsviolated.html

lol'd

Thank you, thank you.

Bernie supporters, too, can shitpost.
Gold: 388.33
May 11 2016 02:46pm
Quote (thesnipa @ May 11 2016 11:29am)
Ok lets start with his muslim ban directly violating the equal protection clause. Then lets move over to his comments about selective surveillance in both Hispanic and Muslim communities that violate that same 14th amendment. His comments about censoring the media are a shot at the first amendment. His assurance that he would bring back waterboarding and "much worse" presumably against domestic terrorists raise more issues.

Perhaps you should stick to trying to simultaneously claim homosexuality is a choice and then also convince others that homosexuals are disproportionately sexual abusive parents. As if those two make sense at all...

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/8/1182

(f) Suspension of entry or imposition of restrictions by President

Whenever the President finds that the entry of any aliens or of any class of aliens into the United States would be detrimental to the interests of the United States, he may by proclamation, and for such period as he shall deem necessary, suspend the entry of all aliens or any class of aliens as immigrants or nonimmigrants, or impose on the entry of aliens any restrictions he may deem to be appropriate.

Banning muslims from the USA is within the President's power. Can you cite where Trump wants to ban citizens?

Can you cite where Donald Trump wants to censor the media? Are you referring to libel?

14th amendment argument there is weak, please reinforce it.
Gold: 25.00
May 11 2016 02:47pm
Quote (majorblood @ May 11 2016 03:46pm)

Banning muslims from the USA is within the President's power. Can you cite where Trump wants to ban citizens?

Can you cite where Donald Trump wants to censor the media? Are you referring to libel?

I imagine the censorship thing is in regards to the whole "close off parts of the internet" thing from the debates
Gold: 34,747.70
May 11 2016 02:47pm
Quote (thesnipa @ May 11 2016 09:09pm)
That is a precedent based on nationality not religion. Also Trumps ban would include citizens abroad and also act as a travel restriction for US citizens who are muslim. Any other bullshit you'd like me to sift through shittroll?

Uhm, no it wouldn't, he specifically stated people who are already citizens aren't affected. Common sense exceptions are also made for world leaders, skilled professionals, etc.

Gold: 2,617.52
May 11 2016 03:00pm

Rofl

This post was edited by EndlessSky on May 11 2016 03:01pm
Gold: 57.00
May 11 2016 03:05pm
Quote (EndlessSky @ 11 May 2016 17:00)

the corporate raider telling others what to do. hahahahah! weak RINO L O S E R !!!!!!!!!!
Gold: 2,504.69
May 11 2016 03:14pm
Quote (majorblood @ May 11 2016 02:46pm)

And does that apply to religions in the same way it does to country of origin? There is no precedent. IMO its unconstitutional but without precedent that's for the USSC to decide, the fact that its in a grey area and needs to be defined by the USSC is a big issue for me.

I am referring to increased legal sanctions against the media who commit libel rather than the civil sanctions that are traditionally used now. Its an unconstitutional wave of a big stick by a man who has a beef with the media, a scare tactic to suggest legal sanctions are needed beyond civil suits that i feel would violate the 1st ammendment. As mangix correctly identified he also wants censor parts of the internet.

I dont think the 14th ammendment argument is weak at all, he has at times made comments suggesting patrols in neighborhoods based on ethnicity which i feel violates that clause.

But if you're just going to ask questions and not provide any commentary ill just stop, i have no desire to have a one sided conversation with a google warrior.

Quote (EA7 @ May 11 2016 02:47pm)
Uhm, no it wouldn't, he specifically stated people who are already citizens aren't affected. Common sense exceptions are also made for world leaders, skilled professionals, etc.

you're correct he did backtrack to that position after the public outcry. very brave of him.

This post was edited by thesnipa on May 11 2016 03:15pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev12882892902912923169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll