d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Christianity Is A Lie And Bible Is Proof
Prev1284285286287288307Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Sep 1 2023 02:25am
Quote (Modulok2405 @ Aug 31 2023 09:22pm)
Do you think subjective evidence is of any standard if you wanna prove something?
Maybe you arent here to prove something, but the way you responded to me certainly sounded like you wanted to.

If we talk about objective, unrefutable evidence - which is the one needed for proof - then there is no standard bearer of evidence needed, cause its objectively clear whats proof and what isnt.

Even if I told you that God did appear before me and it was from my own personal experience, you would still deny the existence of God.

Luke 16:19-31

The Rich Man and Lazarus
19 “There was a rich man who was dressed in purple and fine linen and lived in luxury every day. 20 At his gate was laid a beggar named Lazarus, covered with sores 21 and longing to eat what fell from the rich man’s table. Even the dogs came and licked his sores.

22 “The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham’s side. The rich man also died and was buried. 23 In Hades, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side. 24 So he called to him, ‘Father Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire.’

25 “But Abraham replied, ‘Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, while Lazarus received bad things, but now he is comforted here and you are in agony. 26 And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been set in place, so that those who want to go from here to you cannot, nor can anyone cross over from there to us.’

27 “He answered, ‘Then I beg you, father, send Lazarus to my family, 28 for I have five brothers. Let him warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.’

29 “Abraham replied, ‘They have Moses and the Prophets; let them listen to them.’

30 “‘No, father Abraham,’ he said, ‘but if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent.’

31 “He said to him, ‘If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.’”

Have you ever done Bible study? Let's study this passage shall we and apply it to IRL. Abraham himself says that those who are still alive have Moses and the Prophets; let them listen to them.

Look at the response in verse 31. If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, then even if someone were to raise from the dead they will not be convinced. Think about that. You keep demanding some kind of evidence but what you have is Moses and the Prophets. That is where your evidence lies. If you do not listen to them then there's nothing that will convince you.

2 Corinthians 5:7

7 For we live by faith, not by sight.

In the end, you must have faith. Who hopes for what he sees?

Romans 8:24-25

24 For in this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what they already have? 25 But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently.

Quote (Vastet @ Aug 31 2023 10:48pm)
Wrong. I give every god every chance every day and have done so for getting on 50 years. Not one god has ever given me any reason to believe. I still await the opportunity to believe in a god, but none appears.

Today is your lucky day. I present to you everything you need to believe.

I present to you: The Bible! https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=genesis+1&version=NIV

I can comprehend just fine. There's simply no evidence to support it.
That's fine, gods prerogative. But that means god doesn't want me to believe in him. Anything that truly fits your definition of a god must know that I am not capable of believing in that which is unbelievable. If god wants my belief then I need something. And no, you don't fit the criteria. People lie, people make mistakes, people have hallucinations. The word of people is not evidence or the slightest bit convincing.

You want evidence? Here you go! https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=genesis+1&version=NIV

I don't. If you'd been paying any attention to my posts instead of thinking you're better than me just because you've been on this site longer in your very unchristian arrogance you'd realize I've stated multiple times that science has no issues with religion unless or until religion pretends to be science. I have no issues with god taking 14 billion years a big bang and evolution to get us here. I'm not a god so I can't critique the methodology. It's outside my purview. I don't think a god is necessary, but there's no evidence to discuss either way so I don't particularly care if you want to replace question marks with god. Just don't expect me to follow suit.

I present to you the answer to all of your questions! https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=genesis+1&version=NIV

You have to trust the books were written by Edison or a contemporary of Edison to believe them. If I write a book about Edison and say he was resurrected and died for our sins noone (hopefully) will believe it because I didn't know Edison or anyone who knew Edison and I wasn't even born when Edison was alive. Also resurrection is impossible and has never happened.
Replace Edison with jesus because that's the exact situation. Decades after the mythological jesus died is the first mention of jesus. And then suddenly this person noone ever knew was performing miracles and resurrecting. Yeah I'm going to want video evidence of this shit not the word of untrustworthy people who never even knew the guy.

Go ahead and write that book.

In the meantime I encourage you to read Luke's Gospel. Pay attention to the introduction and how Luke has based his Gospel on eye witnesses.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=luke+1&version=NIV

It would be if I was on such a quest because science and religion don't have a crossover. Science is proven superior for understanding the universe mechanically, but understanding the universe mechanically isn't religion's purpose so it doesn't matter. Of course math is better at figuring out geometry than grammar. Each tool to it's own use.
I read the word of the christian god and it's the word of a narcissistic asshole. Fortunately I'm willing to accept the probability that the people who wrote about him messed it up and the people who compiled the writings also messed up. Unfortunately god never commissioned a rewrite.

If you weren't on such a quest then why are you here? Why do you keep on coming back? No, you have an agenda, unfortunately that agenda is all for naught. You can understand the whole world with Science but what will your wisdom get you? You still die.

Show me the verses where the word is from a narcissistic asshole? Where did the Prophets mess up? They always say "Thus says the Lord God" or "This is what the Lord says."

Sep 1 2023 02:31am
Quote (addone @ Sep 1 2023 05:48am)
Religion is purely words on paper, pure haresay and stories in a book taken literally to be true without any physical or literal proof.

It's equivalent of me reading a Harry Potter book and taking it at its word. Then proclaiming people can cast spells, fly on brooms and battle magical creatures.

The standard of proof for Christians to be something true must be merely written down. They have faith in just a story no matter how magical and batshit crazy they will believe it.

We are dealing with people who go around thinking that it's possible for people to survive inside of a fish under water for 3 days or to ressurect from the dead or that talking snakes are real. :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

The problem is that these are not some harmless larping group of nerds who fantasize about being in a magical land of Narnia, they genuinely believe their book of magical stories is 100% true and are willing to die and kill for their beliefs. These are not stable individuals and I think an asylum or some suitable program is needed to snap them out of their stupor.

Ahh, here you go again. You just don't learn.

So tell me then, how far would you be willing to go to endorse your Harry Potter being read? You might run with the joke for a bit but at some point you'll simply say that it was a joke and you made it up. At some point you will give up the gig, so to speak. Why would you give up the gig? It's because you know it's full of baloney and it's not worth your life. You already know that. You're just coming up with a pathetic excuse to not give your life to Jesus.

You have a problem with faith? You have faith that the chair you're sitting on right now doesn't suddenly break on you. If you had no faith then you wouldn't be sitting on your chair.

Let's talk about faith

Romans 4:1-8

Abraham Justified by Faith

4 What then shall we say that Abraham, our forefather according to the flesh, discovered in this matter? 2 If, in fact, Abraham was justified by works, he had something to boast about—but not before God. 3 What does Scripture say? “Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness.”[a]

4 Now to the one who works, wages are not credited as a gift but as an obligation. 5 However, to the one who does not work but trusts God who justifies the ungodly, their faith is credited as righteousness. 6 David says the same thing when he speaks of the blessedness of the one to whom God credits righteousness apart from works:

7 “Blessed are those
whose transgressions are forgiven,
whose sins are covered.
8 Blessed is the one
whose sin the Lord will never count against them.”

This post was edited by CPK001 on Sep 1 2023 02:31am
Gold: 2,399.70
Sep 1 2023 02:41am
Quote (CPK001 @ Sep 1 2023 10:25am)
Even if I told you that God did appear before me and it was from my own personal experience, you would still deny the existence of God.

Luke 16:19-31

The Rich Man and Lazarus
19 “There was a rich man who was dressed in purple and fine linen and lived in luxury every day. 20 At his gate was laid a beggar named Lazarus, covered with sores 21 and longing to eat what fell from the rich man’s table. Even the dogs came and licked his sores.

22 “The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham’s side. The rich man also died and was buried. 23 In Hades, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side. 24 So he called to him, ‘Father Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire.’

25 “But Abraham replied, ‘Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, while Lazarus received bad things, but now he is comforted here and you are in agony. 26 And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been set in place, so that those who want to go from here to you cannot, nor can anyone cross over from there to us.’

27 “He answered, ‘Then I beg you, father, send Lazarus to my family, 28 for I have five brothers. Let him warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.’

29 “Abraham replied, ‘They have Moses and the Prophets; let them listen to them.’

30 “‘No, father Abraham,’ he said, ‘but if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent.’

31 “He said to him, ‘If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.’”

Have you ever done Bible study? Let's study this passage shall we and apply it to IRL. Abraham himself says that those who are still alive have Moses and the Prophets; let them listen to them.

Look at the response in verse 31. If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, then even if someone were to raise from the dead they will not be convinced. Think about that. You keep demanding some kind of evidence but what you have is Moses and the Prophets. That is where your evidence lies. If you do not listen to them then there's nothing that will convince you.

In the end, you must have faith. Who hopes for what he sees?

Romans 8:24-25

24 For in this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what they already have? 25 But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently.

Today is your lucky day. I present to you everything you need to believe.

I present to you: The Bible! https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=genesis+1&version=NIV

You want evidence? Here you go! https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=genesis+1&version=NIV

I present to you the answer to all of your questions! https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=genesis+1&version=NIV

In the meantime I encourage you to read Luke's Gospel. Pay attention to the introduction and how Luke has based his Gospel on eye witnesses.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=luke+1&version=NIV

If you weren't on such a quest then why are you here? Why do you keep on coming back? No, you have an agenda, unfortunately that agenda is all for naught. You can understand the whole world with Science but what will your wisdom get you? You still die.

Show me the verses where the word is from a narcissistic asshole? Where did the Prophets mess up? They always say "Thus says the Lord God" or "This is what the Lord says."

No, I wouldnt deny the existence of god if you told me he appeared in front of you - and I never have denied the existence of god. Not believing that god exists, because of an absence of any evidence is not the same as denying the existence of god.

But I wouldn't take it as evidence for god either. It wouldnt matter to me, if you said he appeared in front of you because thats not objective evidence.
Thats just something you saw.
Could have been imagination, could have been psychosis, could have been a lie, could have been something else or could have been god. How the hell should I know?
This is why personal experience isnt objective evidence.

And proving the bible with the bible is the stupidest thing you could ever do. Stories arent proof. Its stories. Unveryfiable stories. Just stories.
Gold: 10.00
Sep 1 2023 03:07am
Quote (CPK001 @ 1 Sep 2023 04:25)

Pay me.

I don't care what an ancient text written by ignorant people just out of the stone age says about eyewitnesses I care what science and my experience says about eyewitnesses. Eyewitnesses are absolutely useless.

If you weren't on such a quest then why are you here? Why do you keep on coming back?

Because you and people like you are spreading lies that threaten me and everyone else who isn't a christian and your evil must be opposed.

No, you have an agenda, unfortunately that agenda is all for naught. You can understand the whole world with Science but what will your wisdom get you? You still die.

Death is everyones end, yours included. I have no fear of death. Death is absolutely necessary. Why are you so scared of death you're willing to believe in a magic sky daddy who says you can live forever in his magic sky garden?

Ancient texts written by ignorant people just out of the stone age are irrelevant to anything.

Edit: I guess I should have read the whole sentence I tuned out at verses because the bible is a book of lies and not relevant to reality. But I left an opening for you and you took it and that's my own doing so I can't just close off ignoring the bible since I referenced it. I shouldn't have to do this regardless any ethical person would have the same response to the bible. But then christians aren't ethical so of course you think a narcissistic asshole is really just a good person. So I give this example not for you, who lacks the ethics necessary to recognize the ethical failure; but for those who may read this who do have ethics: Job

This post was edited by Vastet on Sep 1 2023 03:35am
Gold: 10.00
Sep 1 2023 03:27am
Quote (TiStuff @ 31 Aug 2023 13:39)
like what?

i dont have any problems with science. the monkey man chit isnt science though its just a different religion.

thats weak dude. snakes had legs in the fossil record. heard it first in scripture. you cant even say that perhaps its maybe just a teeny weeny bit weird.

What's weak is me going to quote you then finding half of what you said is missing because your formatting was shit. Learn how to close your tags you've been on the internet at least 7 years there's no excuse for such laziness and incompetence.
Good for snakes. So what? Why is it weird?

This post was edited by Vastet on Sep 1 2023 03:36am
Gold: 69.69
Warn: 40%
Sep 1 2023 05:43am
Quote (CPK001 @ Sep 1 2023 08:25pm)
Even if I told you that God did appear before me and it was from my own personal experience, you would still deny the existence of God. ?

You could say that but at the end of the day its your personal testimony. What's the difference between you and a guy who says he talks to jesus or is reincarnation of Jesus? If you going to claim magic on "trust me bro I know" isn't good enough here.

If there are 7 headed dragons, angels demons, or magical abilities like separating the ocean with a stick or ressurecting people from the dead I want to actually see that shit irl.

Otherwise any rando can say he talks to their god and his is the real one trust me. In fact people have for thousands of years. Yet not one single magical claim has been proven. Funny how that works dont you think? When you find out that other people claimed for thousands of years that only their God is real and you doing the same is a sign of personal delusion? Clearly thousands of religions can't be right. Millions of different people can't be all telling the truth. There are people who tell themselves the earth is flat club there are people who claim they are God there are people who say they are Jesus every single day. Are these all true? Should I extend the same level of credibility to everyone?

Why cant I just say ok cool bro you seem like a genuine person I want to believe your 7 headed elephant God is real but do you have any proof for this because there are a million of other guys who told me that their God is real also. Why isn't your god self evident, why is magic require us to just trust me bro level of proof, why can't you show me this magic. I am tired of the bullshit excuses.

Or maybe you guys are just wrong.... maybe it's all made up, maybe that's why none of you religious folk never have hard evidence? You are welcome to prove magic to me ANY time I think it would be wonderful thing to have it but since NONE of the magic has been able to be proven over hundreds and thousands of years I am afraid I am going to have to ask you to put up or shut up thank you very much.

This post was edited by addone on Sep 1 2023 05:45am
Sep 1 2023 06:00am
Quote (CPK001 @ Sep 1 2023 08:31pm)
Ahh, here you go again. You just don't learn.

So tell me then, how far would you be willing to go to endorse your Harry Potter being read? You might run with the joke for a bit but at some point you'll simply say that it was a joke and you made it up. At some point you will give up the gig, so to speak. Why would you give up the gig? It's because you know it's full of baloney and it's not worth your life. You already know that. You're just coming up with a pathetic excuse to not give your life to Jesus.

You have a problem with faith? You have faith that the chair you're sitting on right now doesn't suddenly break on you. If you had no faith then you wouldn't be sitting on your chair.

Let's talk about faith

Romans 4:1-8

Abraham Justified by Faith

4 What then shall we say that Abraham, our forefather according to the flesh, discovered in this matter? 2 If, in fact, Abraham was justified by works, he had something to boast about—but not before God. 3 What does Scripture say? “Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness.”[a]

4 Now to the one who works, wages are not credited as a gift but as an obligation. 5 However, to the one who does not work but trusts God who justifies the ungodly, their faith is credited as righteousness. 6 David says the same thing when he speaks of the blessedness of the one to whom God credits righteousness apart from works:

7 “Blessed are those
whose transgressions are forgiven,
whose sins are covered.
8 Blessed is the one
whose sin the Lord will never count against them.”

Here we go again. What does "if we just believe hard enough and are willing to die for it" has to do with proof?
I already explained that people who are willing to die for their religion doesn't mean shit. People die for all kinds of dumb beliefs who are wrong. Are terrorists of 9/11 who died in the name of Allah were the real prophets? Does a monk who self immolates in the name of Buddhism signify that it's the one true religion? What about a Christian psycho who murders her kids because she heard the voice of God instructing her to do it?https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.aljazeera.com/amp/news/2023/8/1/us-mother-sentenced-to-life-for-killing-her-two-kids-in-doomsday-plot

Why can't you understand that dying or killing for one's beliefs has nothing to do with their credibility or factuallity?
Sep 1 2023 06:32am
Quote (Vastet @ Sep 1 2023 07:07pm)
Pay me.

If you had said that before Fallout 76 came out then that may have worked. Won't work anymore. Now it's write the book then you get paid.

I don't care what an ancient text written by ignorant people just out of the stone age says about eyewitnesses I care what science and my experience says about eyewitnesses. Eyewitnesses are absolutely useless.

I guess you don't believe that the Queen died do you? I mean you never saw her body right? All you have are all the eyewitnesses who gave the news and then it spread. According to you Eyewitnesses are absolutely useless. Hey wait, are you the guy who tried to open her casket when she was on display and got taken away?

Because you and people like you are spreading lies that threaten me and everyone else who isn't a christian and your evil must be opposed.

Are you prepared to be bound to this thread until the end of your days? I'm still here more then a decade later. Yet even I had a rule to keep things to their respective threads. You're the one who keeps on coming back, giving me fuel to keep going.

Death is everyones end, yours included. I have no fear of death. Death is absolutely necessary. Why are you so scared of death you're willing to believe in a magic sky daddy who says you can live forever in his magic sky garden?

You say you have no fear of death until it stares you in the face. Have you ever faced a life threatening situation? I doubt it.

Scared of death? I shall sing a song that is reminiscent of all the Christians out there. I present to you Christ is Risen!

Oh death! Where is your sting?
Oh hell! Where is your victory?
Oh Church! Come stand in the light
The glory of God has defeated the night
Oh death! Where is your sting?
Oh hell! Where is your victory?
Oh Church! Come stand in the light
Our God is not dead, He's alive, He's alive

Ancient texts written by ignorant people just out of the stone age are irrelevant to anything.

Edit: I guess I should have read the whole sentence I tuned out at verses because the bible is a book of lies and not relevant to reality. But I left an opening for you and you took it and that's my own doing so I can't just close off ignoring the bible since I referenced it. I shouldn't have to do this regardless any ethical person would have the same response to the bible. But then christians aren't ethical so of course you think a narcissistic asshole is really just a good person. So I give this example not for you, who lacks the ethics necessary to recognize the ethical failure; but for those who may read this who do have ethics: Job

I guess you aren't a big fan of history. You have yet to prove where the Bible is lying. All you give are excuses. I even quoted you some instructions for living, asking you how it is a lie and you simply gave a strawman like answer. What you have failed to realize is that the Bible has been going strong for over 2,000 years and will continue to do so well after you're 6 feet under.

Christians aren't ethical? I take it you don't watch much of the news do you? Did you know that there are people out there who steal, lie, cheat and murder? I know that this must come as a shock to you but that's a fact. You mention Job, which part? Oh, is it Job 1:17 where another messenger comes and says that Chaldeans formed three raiding parties and swept down on his Camels and made off with them, putting the servants to the sword and he was the only survivor? How dare that sole survivor deliver a message, lacking ethics?

Quote (addone @ Sep 1 2023 09:43pm)
You could say that but at the end of the day its your personal testimony. What's the difference between you and a guy who says he talks to jesus or is reincarnation of Jesus? If you going to claim magic on "trust me bro I know" isn't good enough here.

If there are 7 headed dragons, angels demons, or magical abilities like separating the ocean with a stick or ressurecting people from the dead I want to actually see that shit irl.

Otherwise any rando can say he talks to their god and his is the real one trust me. In fact people have for thousands of years. Yet not one single magical claim has been proven. Funny how that works dont you think? When you find out that other people claimed for thousands of years that only their God is real and you doing the same is a sign of personal delusion? Clearly thousands of religions can't be right. Millions of different people can't be all telling the truth. There are people who tell themselves the earth is flat club there are people who claim they are God there are people who say they are Jesus every single day. Are these all true? Should I extend the same level of credibility to everyone?

Why cant I just say ok cool bro you seem like a genuine person I want to believe your 7 headed elephant God is real but do you have any proof for this because there are a million of other guys who told me that their God is real also. Why isn't your god self evident, why is magic require us to just trust me bro level of proof, why can't you show me this magic. I am tired of the bullshit excuses.

Or maybe you guys are just wrong.... maybe it's all made up, maybe that's why none of you religious folk never have hard evidence? You are welcome to prove magic to me ANY time I think it would be wonderful thing to have it but since NONE of the magic has been able to be proven over hundreds and thousands of years I am afraid I am going to have to ask you to put up or shut up thank you very much.

Thank you for proving my point. Even if he did appear to me then that still won't convince you. By that same token if he appeared to you then that won't convince Vastet. You have just proven the Bible correct yet again.

I've told you time again that you are not prepared for the advanced topics of the Bible. You haven't yet realized you are a sinner who is in need of forgiveness. Then again, I did put that curse on you so that you are unable to see and believe. Only God can help you now, should he choose.

All the different Religions argument again? Here you go, for your reading pleasure: https://www.gotquestions.org/correct-religion.html

Oh right, you won't read that. You never responded with any of the hidden messages when I pasted the verses. You really are under the curse.

Oh I'm well aware of the book of Revelation. First though you must show me where this 7 headed "elephant" is referenced before it's explained to you.

You are asking why God isn't self evident? Here you go:

Hebrews 1:1-4

1 In the past God spoke to our ancestors through the prophets at many times and in various ways, 2 but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom also he made the universe. 3 The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven. 4 So he became as much superior to the angels as the name he has inherited is superior to theirs.

Quote (addone @ Sep 1 2023 10:00pm)
Here we go again. What does "if we just believe hard enough and are willing to die for it" has to do with proof?
I already explained that people who are willing to die for their religion doesn't mean shit. People die for all kinds of dumb beliefs who are wrong. Are terrorists of 9/11 who died in the name of Allah were the real prophets? Does a monk who self immolates in the name of Buddhism signify that it's the one true religion? What about a Christian psycho who murders her kids because she heard the voice of God instructing her to do it?https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.aljazeera.com/amp/news/2023/8/1/us-mother-sentenced-to-life-for-killing-her-two-kids-in-doomsday-plot

Why can't you understand that dying or killing for one's beliefs has nothing to do with their credibility or factuallity?

Like I already told you, you want to believe that Harry Potter, Spiderman and your napkin god are real? You can run with the joke for awhile but if you are provoked enough then you will admit they're just made up. You wouldn't be prepared to go to the grave believing in them being real would you?

The proof is that nobody is going to die for a lie but there are many who will die for the truth. As for dying for their religion, well, did I give you this reference? https://www.gotquestions.org/correct-religion.html

As for the murderers, have you read Genesis 9:5-6?

5 And for your lifeblood I will surely demand an accounting. I will demand an accounting from every animal. And from each human being, too, I will demand an accounting for the life of another human being.

6 “Whoever sheds human blood,
by humans shall their blood be shed;
for in the image of God
has God made mankind.
Sep 1 2023 06:36am
Quote (Modulok2405 @ Sep 1 2023 06:41pm)
No, I wouldnt deny the existence of god if you told me he appeared in front of you - and I never have denied the existence of god. Not believing that god exists, because of an absence of any evidence is not the same as denying the existence of god.

But I wouldn't take it as evidence for god either. It wouldnt matter to me, if you said he appeared in front of you because thats not objective evidence.
Thats just something you saw.
Could have been imagination, could have been psychosis, could have been a lie, could have been something else or could have been god. How the hell should I know?
This is why personal experience isnt objective evidence.

And proving the bible with the bible is the stupidest thing you could ever do. Stories arent proof. Its stories. Unveryfiable stories. Just stories.

Oh but we have a lot more than just the Bible, we have all of creation to declares his glory. Most importantly we have the Son Jesus who has revealed himself to us.

We also have Moses and the Prophets. What more do we need?
Sep 1 2023 06:52am
Quote (CPK001 @ Sep 2 2023 12:32am)
If you had said that before Fallout 76 came out then that may ...

I am currently replaying fallout 4 with mods lol. I was looking to getting 76 since upon release the unplayable bugs have discouraged me playing it have largely been fixed. Also isn't it free now?

Also what was your point? If you have to take someone's word as proof that's not reliable. Even if I wanted to believe you that doesn't make something true. It's just pure trust, pure words.

Telling me I am not prepared to believe something is a copout. I told you that mere words isn't going to cut it. One must post hard evidence something I can see, feel touch, replicate, etc. Pure words or even pure logical hypotheticals are not good enough when one is talking about magic.

Quoting scripture at me means nothing. You need to further its claims with hard proof before I can even begin giving a fuck. It's equivalent of you quoting me Harry Potter or speaking Chinese jibberish.

This post was edited by addone on Sep 1 2023 07:06am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1284285286287288307Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll