d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Christianity Is A Lie And Bible Is Proof
Prev1283284285286287307Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Aug 31 2023 04:43am
Quote (Modulok2405 @ Aug 31 2023 05:09pm)
So? What you consider as evidence isnt evidence by any standard.

Ahh, so you're claiming to be the standard bearer of evidence? Who put you in charge of that?
Gold: 2,399.70
Aug 31 2023 05:22am
Quote (CPK001 @ Aug 31 2023 12:43pm)
Ahh, so you're claiming to be the standard bearer of evidence? Who put you in charge of that?

Do you think subjective evidence is of any standard if you wanna prove something?
Maybe you arent here to prove something, but the way you responded to me certainly sounded like you wanted to.

If we talk about objective, unrefutable evidence - which is the one needed for proof - then there is no standard bearer of evidence needed, cause its objectively clear whats proof and what isnt.
Gold: 2,399.70
Aug 31 2023 05:30am
Quote (Vastet @ Aug 29 2023 09:47pm)
Great quote job super impressive.

You don't need an excuse to make up words, monkey boy. Just let loose.

You've yet to have much success on the 'chit' science. You have some valid points when it comes to the whole covid thing but you also go a bit overboard assuming there's a conspiracy when really it's just incompetence and ignorance in a single package. However, your arguments against evolution are decades and centuries out of date. And completely pointless. There's nothing in the bible to say evolution doesn't happen. Evolution doesn't mean there's no god. Evolution has nothing to do with any god. Why are you so against evolution when that's simply the method god used to make man, assuming your god is real? Nothing in science challenges the bible, unless you try to challenge science with the bible. Something there's no reason to do. And something doomed to fail because they don't even operate in the same medium. You have to use science to discredit science. Arguments and ancient texts don't cut it, observation and testing does. And unless you're actively trying to use religion to discredit science, religion is just as immune to scientific arguments as science is immune to religious arguments. They're different subjects that do not necessarily cross over anywhere. The only way they cross over is if you try and make them cross over.

Not even 2 human minds are the same don't be ridiculous. We don't know enough about the mind to say we are better than all other animals just because of our mind. It's arrogant as hell to assume you're better than other life forms.

It has been shown to you multiple dozens of times, including in this response.

VERY well said. No idea why religious people always try to disproof evolution as if it was the opposite of their believe. Theres plenty of religious scientists out there. Science has no problem with religion, but religion has a BIG problem with science (most of the time, not always). Which says a lot about religion...

This post was edited by Modulok2405 on Aug 31 2023 05:31am
Gold: 10.00
Aug 31 2023 06:48am
Quote (CPK001 @ 30 Aug 2023 05:57)
Which brings me to you. You don't really give God any chance do you?

Wrong. I give every god every chance every day and have done so for getting on 50 years. Not one god has ever given me any reason to believe. I still await the opportunity to believe in a god, but none appears.

No matter what the example or explanation is, you simply cannot comprehend that the answer can ever be God. What if God simply wanted to remain anonymous? That would certainly explain the definition of coincidence.

I can comprehend just fine. There's simply no evidence to support it.
That's fine, gods prerogative. But that means god doesn't want me to believe in him. Anything that truly fits your definition of a god must know that I am not capable of believing in that which is unbelievable. If god wants my belief then I need something. And no, you don't fit the criteria. People lie, people make mistakes, people have hallucinations. The word of people is not evidence or the slightest bit convincing.

Why do you also have this mindset that if something can be explained by Science then it can't possibly be God?

I don't. If you'd been paying any attention to my posts instead of thinking you're better than me just because you've been on this site longer in your very unchristian arrogance you'd realize I've stated multiple times that science has no issues with religion unless or until religion pretends to be science. I have no issues with god taking 14 billion years a big bang and evolution to get us here. I'm not a god so I can't critique the methodology. It's outside my purview. I don't think a god is necessary, but there's no evidence to discuss either way so I don't particularly care if you want to replace question marks with god. Just don't expect me to follow suit.

In Genesis we read how God created the Heavens and the Earth, which is how it was all designed. Just like how you cannot examine the ins and outs of how the lightbulb works to find out more about Thomas Edison - you'd have to read the books on Thomas Edison.

You have to trust the books were written by Edison or a contemporary of Edison to believe them. If I write a book about Edison and say he was resurrected and died for our sins noone (hopefully) will believe it because I didn't know Edison or anyone who knew Edison and I wasn't even born when Edison was alive. Also resurrection is impossible and has never happened.
Replace Edison with jesus because that's the exact situation. Decades after the mythological jesus died is the first mention of jesus. And then suddenly this person noone ever knew was performing miracles and resurrecting. Yeah I'm going to want video evidence of this shit not the word of untrustworthy people who never even knew the guy.

Same where in order to find out more about God, you don't rely on Science to explain the how everything works - you read the word of God to find out more about him.

Your quest for Science being superior is completely meaningless.

It would be if I was on such a quest because science and religion don't have a crossover. Science is proven superior for understanding the universe mechanically, but understanding the universe mechanically isn't religion's purpose so it doesn't matter. Of course math is better at figuring out geometry than grammar. Each tool to it's own use.
I read the word of the christian god and it's the word of a narcissistic asshole. Fortunately I'm willing to accept the probability that the people who wrote about him messed it up and the people who compiled the writings also messed up. Unfortunately god never commissioned a rewrite.
Gold: 10.00
Aug 31 2023 06:59am
Quote (TiStuff @ 30 Aug 2023 07:50)
blah blah blah

Fix your formatting I'm not going to waste time assembling your post of nonsense and then refuting it.
Gold: 0.69
Warn: 10%
Aug 31 2023 11:39am
Quote (Modulok2405 @ Aug 31 2023 04:22am)
Do you think subjective evidence is of any standard if you wanna prove something?
Maybe you arent here to prove something, but the way you responded to me certainly sounded like you wanted to.

If we talk about objective, unrefutable evidence - which is the one needed for proof - then there is no standard bearer of evidence needed, cause its objectively clear whats proof and what isnt.

like what?

Quote (Modulok2405 @ Aug 31 2023 04:30am)
VERY well said. No idea why religious people always try to disproof evolution as if it was the opposite of their believe. Theres plenty of religious scientists out there. Science has no problem with religion, but religion has a BIG problem with science (most of the time, not always). Which says a lot about religion...

i dont have any problems with science. the monkey man chit isnt science though its just a different religion.

Quote (Vastet @ Aug 31 2023 05:59am)
Fix your formatting I'm not going to waste time assembling your post of nonsense and then refuting it.

thats weak dude. snakes had legs in the fossil record. heard it first in scripture. you cant even say that perhaps its maybe just a teeny weeny bit weird.
Gold: 69.69
Warn: 40%
Aug 31 2023 01:48pm
Religion is purely words on paper, pure haresay and stories in a book taken literally to be true without any physical or literal proof.

It's equivalent of me reading a Harry Potter book and taking it at its word. Then proclaiming people can cast spells, fly on brooms and battle magical creatures.

The standard of proof for Christians to be something true must be merely written down. They have faith in just a story no matter how magical and batshit crazy they will believe it.

We are dealing with people who go around thinking that it's possible for people to survive inside of a fish under water for 3 days or to ressurect from the dead or that talking snakes are real. :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

The problem is that these are not some harmless larping group of nerds who fantasize about being in a magical land of Narnia, they genuinely believe their book of magical stories is 100% true and are willing to die and kill for their beliefs. These are not stable individuals and I think an asylum or some suitable program is needed to snap them out of their stupor.

This post was edited by addone on Aug 31 2023 01:50pm
Gold: 0.69
Warn: 10%
Aug 31 2023 01:51pm
Quote (addone @ Aug 31 2023 12:48pm)
Religion is purely words on paper, pure haresay and stories in a book taken literally to be true without any physical or literal proof.

It's equivalent of me reading a Harry Potter book and taking it at its word. Then proclaiming people can cast spells, fly on brooms and battle magical creatures.

The standard of proof for Christians to be something true must be merely written down. They have faith in just a story no matter how magical and batshit crazy they will believe it.

We are dealing with people who go around thinking that it's possible for people to survive inside of a fish under water for 3 days or to ressurect from the dead or that talking snakes are real. :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

The problem is that these are not some larping group of nerds who fantasize about being in a magical land of Narnia they genuinely believe their book of magical stories is 100% true and are willing to die and kill for their beliefs. These are not stable individuals and I think an asylum or some suitable program is needed to snap them out of their stupor.

i got delivered from alcoholism and thats more real then you are
Gold: 4,575.69
Aug 31 2023 03:41pm
Quote (addone @ Aug 31 2023 12:48pm)

The problem is that these are not some harmless larping group of nerds who fantasize about being in a magical land of Narnia, they genuinely believe their book of magical stories is 100% true and are willing to die and kill for their beliefs. These are not stable individuals and I think an asylum or some suitable program is needed to snap them out of their stupor.

All scientific proofs are also words on a paper. Do you really not know what a manuscript is.

By your own logic, why do you accept proof delivered on a manuscript if it's just words on a page that are self referential?
Gold: 69.69
Warn: 40%
Sep 1 2023 12:09am
Quote (El1te @ Sep 1 2023 09:41am)
All scientific proofs are also words on a paper. Do you really not know what a manuscript is.

By your own logic, why do you accept proof delivered on a manuscript if it's just words on a page that are self referential?

Self referential lolololol :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Scientific discoveries and known theories are based on strict peer reviewed testing. Thousands if not millions of people verify something before it becomes a major discovery. Even after vigorous testing and scrutiny it only is a theory. And anyone is welcome to disprove it or add to it or come up with a better explanation.

Not only that science is often put into practice and we can use it in everyday life. We drive it, fly it, we eat it, extends our life and provides better quality of life. I don't require "faith" or "just pray to our magic man" or "sacrifice a goat", I can actually use it. When you drive an electric car you don't require to believe or even read a scientific paper on how it's possible to drive with electric motor because you are fucking driving it

This post was edited by addone on Sep 1 2023 12:23am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1283284285286287307Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll